LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie in Boise

Re: LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 17th, 2020, 9:08 am

Let's hope that Steve Prohm and Iowa State do well next year. The Ames metro area is pretty similar in size to Cache Valley and the cost of living is about the same. It's also a tad bit closer to where Craig is from. Iowa State pays their basketball coach 2.4 million per year. If Craig were to leave I bet he'd prefer Iowa State over Minnesota but what do I know. Iowa State is now my second favorite college basketball team. Go Cyclones!

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

ususports

Post by ususports » March 17th, 2020, 9:34 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 8:27 am
$3 million is always nicer than $1 million.
This board has no room for speculation. Let's stick to facts.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » March 17th, 2020, 11:11 am

bluegrouse wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 2:30 pm
There are a few on here he might entertain IF they opened up but I’m guessing the majority of schools that were going to fire their coach would have done so by now:

https://www.coachesdatabase.com/hot-seat-report/

Minnesota likely would have been deadly but it looks like we dodged that bullet for now.
Smith will leave be it sooner or later. And when he does IMO it will be to a mid-level power conference team whose coach got poached by one of the real big boys. And it will happen fast. For instance, Roy Williams hangs up his cleats and that sets off a chain of events resulting in Smith leaving to the program whose coach was poached to replace Williams

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 19th, 2020, 11:19 am

utaggies wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 11:11 am
bluegrouse wrote:
There are a few on here he might entertain IF they opened up but I’m guessing the majority of schools that were going to fire their coach would have done so by now:

Minnesota likely would have been deadly but it looks like we dodged that bullet for now.
Smith will leave be it sooner or later. And when he does IMO it will be to a mid-level power conference team whose coach got poached by one of the real big boys. And it will happen fast. For instance, Roy Williams hangs up his cleats and that sets off a chain of events resulting in Smith leaving to the program whose coach was poached to replace Williams
I don't know. If we have a good year next year and Minnesota struggles I would bet money that Minnesota offers Smith. Coach Smith has an impressive turnaround under his belt that has to look good to ADs all over America. Yes we had Merrill, but Merrill wasn't winning games before Smith.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » March 19th, 2020, 11:25 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 11:19 am
utaggies wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:

I don't know. If we have a good year next year and Minnesota struggles I would bet money that Minnesota offers Smith. Coach Smith has an impressive turnaround under his belt that has to look good to ADs all over America. Yes we had Merrill, but Merrill wasn't winning games before Smith.
Smith brought out the best in Merrill! He gave him the reigns and showed confidence and trust in Sam.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 19th, 2020, 2:48 pm

It'll be interesting to see how a team (mostly) full of his recruits preforms next year.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 19th, 2020, 3:10 pm

utaggies wrote:

Or the program whose coach was poached to replace the coach poached to replace Williams. Or the program whose coach was poached to replace the coach poached to replace the coach poached to replace Williams.

Locked Previous topicNext topic