Amauri hardy transfers from unlv

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Amauri hardy transfers from unlv

Post by slcagg » March 20th, 2020, 10:01 am

Big loss for them. But i forgot they have a 20 pt per game scorer from South Dakota state redshirting next year. They also have a first team guard returning and a solid recruiting class. Expect them to be improved.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2020/mar ... from-unlv/

bpd

Re: Amauri hardy transfers from unlv

Post by bpd » March 20th, 2020, 10:15 am

He was pushed out. He was a me first player and didn't fit the system. Expect UNLV to be a tournament team next year if the virus doesn't cancel the season.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 20th, 2020, 11:23 am

Saw this surprising snippet from the article:

"Had Hardy stuck around for one more year at UNLV, he could have become the first four-year Rebel to play his entire career at the school since Carlos Lopez-Sosa graduated in 2014."

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 20th, 2020, 12:34 pm

bpd wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 10:15 am
He was pushed out. He was a me first player and didn't fit the system. Expect UNLV to be a tournament team next year if the virus doesn't cancel the season.
I expect UNLV to have two all conference guards next years. Possibly either 1st and 2nd team.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 20th, 2020, 12:48 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 11:23 am
Saw this surprising snippet from the article:

"Had Hardy stuck around for one more year at UNLV, he could have become the first four-year Rebel to play his entire career at the school since Carlos Lopez-Sosa graduated in 2014."
That would have been some good company to be with.

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » March 20th, 2020, 12:49 pm

I saw Jenkins in person when they played Nevada last year. He had a bad game offensively, scoring only 5 points in 31 minutes. He did grab 8 rebounds. His stats show that he is an excellent 3 point shooter but in the game I saw he didn't drive much and more important he didn't pass the ball much either. He is not very tall at 6'2 and I don't think he will play the point. I do not see him as an upgrade over Hardy but he could be a great 3 point shooter.

I am not sure he is an all conference type guy but Hamilton is. He could be in the running for player of the year.
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
aggies22

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 20th, 2020, 1:30 pm

nvspuds wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 12:49 pm
I saw Jenkins in person when they played Nevada last year. He had a bad game offensively, scoring only 5 points in 31 minutes. He did grab 8 rebounds. His stats show that he is an excellent 3 point shooter but in the game I saw he didn't drive much and more important he didn't pass the ball much either. He is not very tall at 6'2 and I don't think he will play the point. I do not see him as an upgrade over Hardy but he could be a great 3 point shooter.

I am not sure he is an all conference type guy but Hamilton is. He could be in the running for player of the year.
How is Nevada looking for next year? Overall I think the conference could have a half dozen really good teams. SDSU, Nevada, unlv, Colorado state Boise, usu could all compete for the top spot. Plus New Mexico is a wild card and I think Wyoming will be improved.

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » March 20th, 2020, 1:47 pm

No Nevada players in the portal yet so that is a good sign. I think Harris will return but I have no inside info. There is only one open scholarship and word is Alford would like to fill it with a grad transfer if he can get a good one. They could use a small forward and in the.. hmm...this is interesting category..Josh Hall's name has come up as a possibility. He of the last second shot to put that the Pack in the sweet 16. He is not much of a scorer but he is a solid wing defender..Seems like a long shot but who knows.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 20th, 2020, 2:21 pm

nvspuds wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 1:47 pm
No Nevada players in the portal yet so that is a good sign. I think Harris will return but I have no inside info. There is only one open scholarship and word is Alford would like to fill it with a grad transfer if he can get a good one. They could use a small forward and in the.. hmm...this is interesting category..Josh Hall's name has come up as a possibility. He of the last second shot to put that the Pack in the sweet 16. He is not much of a scorer but he is a solid wing defender..Seems like a long shot but who knows.
So he transferred out and then might come back? How’s the rest of the roster looking? Lose two starter guards right?

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » March 20th, 2020, 2:42 pm

Losing Drew, Jazz, Nisre and Reyes.

Two transfers coming on board after sitting out this past season. Desmond Cambridge is a transfer from Brown who should step right into the 2 guard spot. Harris moving to the point full time. Every other starting spot is open at this point.

The other transfer is Warren Washington. he is a 7 footer from Oregon State. He didn't play much as a freshman but he has filled out considerably in his redshirt year.

Hymes. Meeks, Robinson and Millings return along with 5 incoming freshmen.
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
slcagg

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 20th, 2020, 2:45 pm

nvspuds wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 2:42 pm

Two transfers coming on board after sitting out this past season. Desmond Cambridge is a transfer from Brown who should step right into the 2 guard spot. Harris moving to the point full time. Every other starting spot is open at this point.

The other transfer is Warren Washington. he is a 7 footer from Oregon State. He didn't play much as a freshman but he has filled out considerably in his redshirt year.

Thanks for the info and I really appreciate the positive, respectful dialog between the two of you in what is going to be a sloooooow spring/summer.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
slcagg

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 20th, 2020, 3:12 pm

nvspuds wrote:

I seem to remember that our name was also mentioned along with Washington when he transferred last year.

Cambridge averaged 16 points per game at Brown. He and Harris should also be a great backcourt that very well could be the best backcourt in the conference. Unless Flynn comes back (which he should consider since he is a likely second rounder) Harris would be the top rated player returning from last year.

So your starting 5 should be Harris, Brown, hopefully a transfer wing, Washington and Meeks? Be interested to see how your big guys develop. If Washington can be very good could be the difference between a good year and a great year for you guys.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 23rd, 2020, 3:37 pm

nvspuds wrote:

Nice pickup for Nevada today.

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » March 23rd, 2020, 4:45 pm

I think he may be a really good get. He actually signed an LOI with UCLA when Alford was there. He requested his release when Alford got fired. We often talk about the reasons players pick schools..In this case it appears the coach was the draw.

It appears the Pack has benefited from the Wichita State implosion. At any rate, this was the last open scholarship. He has to sit out a year.
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post (total 3):
aggies22slcaggReal Life Aggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic