Some key stats

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SectionBAggie

Some key stats

Post by SectionBAggie » February 28th, 2021, 8:19 pm

+15 at the FT line. Alford alluded to the disparity after the first game, but when you have a big that plays GREAT position defense - so great that the opposition frequently dumps it off rather than contest him - there are going to be fewer fouls called. It's not that Nevada was just shooting from the 3-point line, but they took A LOT of mid-range shots rather than go to the hoop.

Offensive rebounds - USU 17 Nevada 1. And did those ORb provide second chance points? 11 of them led to a score on the follow-up shot. 20+ points on second chance baskets. That was the killer. It has to be so demoralizing to play defense well enough to cause the first miss and still give up points.

62 meaningful minutes off the bench (before the clearing at the end of the game). Friday night (in an admittedly closer game) 4 of the 5 starters played 30+ minutes. Today only Queta did with 33. That should be beneficial given that there are two games this week.

11 steals. More than 1 every four minutes. Amazing for a team with so much size.
These users thanked the author SectionBAggie for the post (total 2):
Roy McAvoyhipsterdoofus21

Aggie84025

Re: Some key stats

Post by Aggie84025 » February 28th, 2021, 8:40 pm

Awesome game, the offensive rebounding was just a clinic. I loved the hustle plays going out of bounds 1 by Shulga and then the highlight one by Bean. Did not shoot the ball well and still won by 21. Awesome to see Worster come back and play well. When the ball does not stick on offense the Aggies are really efficient. I am happy the way the aggies are playing.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

SLB

Post by SLB » February 28th, 2021, 9:10 pm

The rebounding was really from 3 players.
Queta - 13 (6 offensive)
Bean- 13 (6 offensive)
Shulga- 8 (1 offensive)
The defensive rebounding surprised me in that Queta, Bean, and Shulga had the same number of defensive rebounds.
Steals
Shulga - 4
Bean- 3
Anderson -2
Queta- 1
Worster-1
Worster had a big impact in his limited minutes.
Anthony and everyone who defended against Sherfield made Sherfield's stats the following.
25% from the field, 6 points, 7 assists, and 6 TOs.
The biggest stat to show how much we dominated the game was shooting 42.6% from the field and 18.2% from 3 and still won by 21 and the bench played at the end. Nevada shot 47.1 % from the field and 42.1 % from 3.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » February 28th, 2021, 9:16 pm

SectionBAggie wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:19 pm
+15 at the FT line. Alford alluded to the disparity after the first game, but when you have a big that plays GREAT position defense - so great that the opposition frequently dumps it off rather than contest him - there are going to be fewer fouls called. It's not that Nevada was just shooting from the 3-point line, but they took A LOT of mid-range shots rather than go to the hoop.

Offensive rebounds - USU 17 Nevada 1. And did those ORb provide second chance points? 11 of them led to a score on the follow-up shot. 20+ points on second chance baskets. That was the killer. It has to be so demoralizing to play defense well enough to cause the first miss and still give up points.

62 meaningful minutes off the bench (before the clearing at the end of the game). Friday night (in an admittedly closer game) 4 of the 5 starters played 30+ minutes. Today only Queta did with 33. That should be beneficial given that there are two games this week.

11 steals. More than 1 every four minutes. Amazing for a team with so much size.
I gotta say I expected someone else to start this thread. @SLB how did you let someone beat you the stats for the night?
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Real Life Aggie

SLB

Post by SLB » February 28th, 2021, 9:58 pm

slcagg wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 9:16 pm
SectionBAggie wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:19 pm

I gotta say I expected someone else to start this thread. @SLB how did you let someone beat you the stats for the night?
Caught me slacking on the stats, and we are all capable folks.

Locked Previous topicNext topic