The view from the perception of the winning team

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SectionBAggie

The view from the perception of the winning team

Post by SectionBAggie » January 27th, 2024, 8:10 pm

I understand that losses cause frustration and that refs are often mentioned when "my" team loses. But the BSU game thread https://247sports.com/college/boise-sta ... 20/?page=1 takes it to a new level given that:
  • Both teams shot the same number of FTs
  • One team tried to "foul for profit" numerous times in OT
  • One team shoots poorly from the FT line year-in and year -out
Given the fact that BSU picked up their third team foul in the 2H at 17:27 (followed by the tech) and USU never made it to the bonus in regulation, I have to laugh at the accusations that the refs gave it to USU.
These users thanked the author SectionBAggie for the post (total 4):
IdaAg93MrBiggleAggieFBObsessionFull

IdaAg93

Re: The view from the perception of the winning team

Post by IdaAg93 » January 27th, 2024, 8:17 pm

Eleven (11) unanswered fouls is hard to overcome...and the bsu announcers, obvious homers, knew it too. We played well through it.
These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post (total 4):
USU78EngineeringAggieMrBiggleAggieFBObsession

papaj

Post by papaj » January 27th, 2024, 8:25 pm

You have to put yourself in their shoes as the once and future pride of the Big East conference, then you’ll realize the sting it is to lose to a team from…uh…the…west?
These users thanked the author papaj for the post:
IdaAg93

Welcome to Utah State University: A Little Piece of Heaven on the North Side of Hell

SLB

Post by SLB » January 27th, 2024, 8:27 pm

IdaAg93 wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 8:17 pm
Eleven (11) unanswered fouls is hard to overcome...and the bsu announcers, obvious homers, knew it too. We played well through it.
Even the Boise State announcers were shaking their heads over the 11 straight fouls on us.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 27th, 2024, 8:32 pm

SectionBAggie wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 8:10 pm
I understand that losses cause frustration and that refs are often mentioned when "my" team loses. But the BSU game thread https://247sports.com/college/boise-sta ... 20/?page=1 takes it to a new level given that:
Given the fact that BSU picked up their third team foul in the 2H at 17:27 (followed by the tech) and USU never made it to the bonus in regulation, I have to laugh at the accusations that the refs gave it to USU.
I didn’t read that thread but to be fair that thread would be the equivalent to reading the chat history during a close game.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
DkdavisPacobag

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » January 27th, 2024, 8:43 pm

SectionBAggie wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 8:10 pm
I suspect there are some irrational fans from every fanbase. Almost every time we lose, we’ll see a few fellow Aggies complain about the refs. Imperfect refs are part of the game and just like players being unable to make 100% of their shots or to execute with zero turnovers, the refs aren’t going to be 100% consistent. It stinks when there are a few egregious calls that go against the Aggies in a close loss, but I’m not into the conspiracy theories that the league hates USU.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic