Spectrum Magic

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
VegasBornAggie

Spectrum Magic

Post by VegasBornAggie » February 1st, 2024, 10:01 am

In honor of Spectrum Magic night on Tuesday vs Nevada I would love to hear everyone’s favorite memories in the spectrum and some of your stories from the spectrum.
It seems like a good time to reflect on some of those memories with Spectrum Magic and the court renaming next week!
These users thanked the author VegasBornAggie for the post:
kofdog

JFWAggie

Re: Spectrum Magic

Post by JFWAggie » February 1st, 2024, 10:07 am

Majerus bringing in his team just off a championship game appearance to the spectrum just to get beat by stew and a bunch of unknowns! May have been the loudest game I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to hundreds in there
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post (total 6):
cdaAgAggieArmyHomeTownkofdogAggieBluesaggies22

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 1st, 2024, 10:23 am

I recall a game where the student section chanted "Bob beats his wife! Bob beats his wife!" every time the official named Bob made a bad call and then when Bob made a good call the student section would chant "We love Bob! We love Bob!"
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post (total 2):
cdaAgkofdog

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 1st, 2024, 10:23 am

1. Nevada can you hear me now game (that's me with the sign btw)
2. The Ducharme Noooo.YESSSS shot
3. The Spicy Spicer shot
4. 8-0 run in 1:04 to beat Boise State
5. NMSU Pizza Boy/Reggie Theus games

Honorable mention: Prestin Medlin somehow beating Idaho
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 5):
bigblue32cdaAgAggieArmykofdogaggies22

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » February 1st, 2024, 10:24 am

The Spectrum is basketball mecca to me. It's a sacred sanctuary that gives me the chills every time I walk into it. I've been attending games in the Spectrum since I was small enough to be carried in by my Grandfather to avoid having to buy an extra ticket for me. The sights and smells in the Spectrum re-ignite so many good memories for me that they are too many to count. The epic UNLV battles when they had Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, Greg Anthony, Anderson Hunt & co. The pure dominance over Big West foes including multiple undefeated seasons at home. The incredibly clever signage and chants from the Student Section over the years (and decades). Watching Jaycee Carroll get carried around the court on the shoulders of his teammates after he broke the all-time scoring record. The buzzer beaters against Utah and Boise State in the Chaz Spicer era that led to eerie silence when the decibel levels got so high that my ear drums stopped processing sound. The Brady Jardine / Stavon Williams beat down of Nevada that may be the loudest any sporting event has ever gotten, inciting pure pandemonium after Mark Fox foolishly went on record saying that the Spectrum Crowd would have no effect on his players.

One of my favorite memories was from when I was attending Utah State circa 2004. The team was dominant and the games were selling out. In fact, for the Long Beach State game that year Utah State announced 10,381 people in attendance which was higher than the capacity of the Spectrum. I had a student card and was able to get into the games for free, but near the end of the year I was scheduled to work until 6pm on the night of a game. I sped up to the Spectrum after work only to see huge lines trying to enter the Spectrum. I got to the doors at maybe 6:30 or 6:45 and they told me I could not enter because they had already admitted the full allotment of students into the game. I looked past the ticket takers and the Fire Marshall was standing there with a very pissed off look on his face watching the crowds entering the building. I had not missed a home game in about 15 years and wasn't about to miss one that night. I stood outside asking people in the lines if they had any extra tickets I could buy, and no one did. Finally I saw one of my friends walking up with a ticket in hand and I told him to push open one of the doors on the side of the spectrum with no handle on the outside and I'd be ready to get in. I waited for a few minutes and sure enough one of the doors opened slightly and I jammed my hand into the crack. I pulled the door open and my wife and I ran through the door. I looked back and the dejected students outside saw the opening and started pouring through it like a funnel. I heard the Fire Marshall yell "Hey!! STOP!" and I took off running. As I got around the corner I quickly turned down one of the aisles and took a seat. Probably the combination of Spectrum Magic, Aggie Basketball, and the shift of emotions from pure dejection to joy and the feeling of getting away with something made that a memorable experience for me.

Now that I live over 2,000 miles away from Logan I rarely get to attend games in the Spectrum. I do plan to make the trip out to the New Mexico game this year and can't wait. As I mentioned, that's quite possibly my favorite place on earth.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 24):
bigblue32918AGGAggie84025NEAggieEngineeringAggieFoolonthehillToastedFlakes52trevordudecrazywookiecdaAg and 14 more users

00Aggie

Post by 00Aggie » February 1st, 2024, 10:25 am

After several paper airplanes made their way onto the Spectrum floor, Stew Morrill grabs the PA and tells everyone to "stop throwing (I can't express myself without swearing) onto the floor." :)
These users thanked the author 00Aggie for the post (total 3):
FoolonthehillcdaAgkofdog

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » February 1st, 2024, 10:27 am

JFWAggie wrote:
February 1st, 2024, 10:07 am
Majerus bringing in his team just off a championship game appearance to the spectrum just to get beat by stew and a bunch of unknowns! May have been the loudest game I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to hundreds in there
^^^^^
I was there. My ears were ringing afterwards as well. Clearly one of my favorite games ever. Some of the games with Tark like when they passed out 10k color masks of him was fun too.
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post (total 5):
treesap32cdaAgkofdogosuaggieaggies22

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 1st, 2024, 10:30 am

The win over a ranked Nevada team when they had Nick Fazekas was a fun game.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post (total 5):
cdaAgAggieArmydirtnsnowkofdogaggies22

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » February 1st, 2024, 10:33 am

So hard to whittle it down to just a moment or two but I'll try.
Jaycees 44 point night, you just expected the ball to fall through the net every time it left his hands.
Nevada in 2019, the exact moments that I remember are one of the martins absolutely throwing down a massive dunk and Sam taking the charge. Sealed the game really IIRC.
The 55th anniversary of Estes death and eclipsing 2000 points in 2019. They played a tribute to Estes and put his shoes on the court at the location of his final shot. I was emotional. Big win in February over Boise. Sam was set to pass Wayne that night but got into foul trouble.
These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post (total 4):
cdaAgkofdogosuaggieaggies22

bigblue32
Pick'em Champ - '23 FB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue32 » February 1st, 2024, 10:35 am

treesap32 wrote:
February 1st, 2024, 10:24 am
The Spectrum is basketball mecca to me. It's a sacred sanctuary that gives me the chills every time I walk into it. I've been attending games in the Spectrum since I was small enough to be carried in by my Grandfather to avoid having to buy an extra ticket for me. The sights and smells in the Spectrum re-ignite so many good memories for me that they are too many to count. The epic UNLV battles when they had Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, Greg Anthony, Anderson Hunt & co. The pure dominance over Big West foes including multiple undefeated seasons at home. The incredibly clever signage and chants from the Student Section over the years (and decades). Watching Jaycee Carroll get carried around the court on the shoulders of his teammates after he broke the all-time scoring record. The buzzer beaters against Utah and Boise State in the Chaz Spicer era that led to eerie silence when the decibel levels got so high that my ear drums stopped processing sound. The Brady Jardine / Stavon Williams beat down of Nevada that may be the loudest any sporting event has ever gotten, inciting pure pandemonium after Mark Fox foolishly went on record saying that the Spectrum Crowd would have no effect on his players.

One of my favorite memories was from when I was attending Utah State circa 2004. The team was dominant and the games were selling out. In fact, for the Long Beach State game that year Utah State announced 10,381 people in attendance which was higher than the capacity of the Spectrum. I had a student card and was able to get into the games for free, but near the end of the year I was scheduled to work until 6pm on the night of a game. I sped up to the Spectrum after work only to see huge lines trying to enter the Spectrum. I got to the doors at maybe 6:30 or 6:45 and they told me I could not enter because they had already admitted the full allotment of students into the game. I looked past the ticket takers and the Fire Marshall was standing there with a very pissed off look on his face watching the crowds entering the building. I had not missed a home game in about 15 years and wasn't about to miss one that night. I stood outside asking people in the lines if they had any extra tickets I could buy, and no one did. Finally I saw one of my friends walking up with a ticket in hand and I told him to push open one of the doors on the side of the spectrum with no handle on the outside and I'd be ready to get in. I waited for a few minutes and sure enough one of the doors opened slightly and I jammed my hand into the crack. I pulled the door open and my wife and I ran through the door. I looked back and the dejected students outside saw the opening and started pouring through it like a funnel. I heard the Fire Marshall yell "Hey!! STOP!" and I took off running. As I got around the corner I quickly turned down one of the aisles and took a seat. Probably the combination of Spectrum Magic, Aggie Basketball, and the shift of emotions from pure dejection to joy and the feeling of getting away with something made that a memorable experience for me.

Now that I live over 2,000 miles away from Logan I rarely get to attend games in the Spectrum. I do plan to make the trip out to the New Mexico game this year and can't wait. As I mentioned, that's quite possibly my favorite place on earth.
Nailed it with that opening.

Great read. Thank you for sharing. Chills
These users thanked the author bigblue32 for the post (total 2):
kofdogosuaggie

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » February 1st, 2024, 10:43 am

Definitely the Spicer shot to beat Utah.

I had a goal that game to yell full-throat for every second that Utah had the ball and to start (or join in on) USU chants when we had the ball. My mother made me a Utah State 'A' cape (yes, you know you want one) that I was wearing during the game. At halftime, my girlfriend (now wife) smuggled in some homemade quesadillas (she can cook) that I wolfed down. I started to feel really sick at about 5 minutes left in regulation. Immediately after the Spicer shot, I knew I had to puke, but I had nowhere to remit the upchuck, so I took off the Aggie cape and puked in it. I seriously had no other options. It was a gross, leaky, greasy mess in the cape, and I'm deeply sorry to the custodian who had to find that godforsaken thing.

I finally felt a bit better after the madness calmed down. I went outside with my wife to meet her friend for the first time. As I went to shake hands, I felt the uncontrollable urge to puke again, so I puked in the bushes right outside of the Spectrum. It was totally humiliating, but I was an Aggie warrior, coming home from battle, with the scars and bruises to show it.

After I got home, I laid in bed, totally feeling like crap, and I realized that I probably shouldn't scream for 40 minutes in one night ever again.

I'm still upset that I had to puke in my cape, but it was an emergency, and I had no realistic alternatives.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post (total 6):
treesap32cdaAgkofdogAggieBluesOKAggieaggies22

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » February 1st, 2024, 10:56 am

treesap32 wrote:

I remember that Long Beach Game because it had both an "up by 30 chant" and all time great chant: "Long Beach High School."

Another favorite memory from that season was the Cardell Butler put back dunk to seal the game vs UCSB. I remember the weather being awful that day, with lots of snow and difficult driving conditions but the fans and students still showed up en masse.

My spectrum magic low light is when we blew an 8 point lead to Pacific with 30+ seconds left. Yuck.
Last edited by Aggie702 on February 1st, 2024, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post (total 4):
treesap32cdaAgkofdogaggies22

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » February 1st, 2024, 10:58 am

The Spicer shot to beat Utah. The crowd was so loud it was almost quiet. I was with a die-hard Ute fan friend that just turned to me with his mouth gaping open. He said he had never heard anything that loud and that it was awesome. That same phenomenon happened again when Stavon Williams hit about 3 or 4 three pointers in the space of about a minute or so against Nevada. So loud it was quiet.

Cardell Butler kissing the floor at half-court on senior night was another great Spectrum moment. The Troy Rolle dunk against Boise St. There are countless memories.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post (total 10):
treesap32FoolonthehillcdaAgPacobag918AGGAngusAgkofdogAggieBluesStanfordAggieaggies22

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 1st, 2024, 11:05 am

I have so many. One of my earlier ones that i loved was when the Aggies smoked BYU by like 25 points in the early 90's with Silas Mills leading the way. The game against Boise in 2000 when the Aggies went undefeated in conference and sitting on the front row watching Troy Rolle literally jump over a Boise defender and hammer it down. Some of the more recent ones were the Nevada game in 2019 and the 20+ point comeback last year against Nevada when everything seemed to done after Baker hit 6 three's in the first 4 minutes.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
cdaAgaggies22

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » February 1st, 2024, 11:24 am

treesap32 wrote:

This is great. As a fellow cache valley native I had similar experiences as you. I grew up in the spectrum watching Utah State. I never even looked at a different university due to my experiences at the Spectrum with friends and family.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 2):
aggiesdotcomkofdog

Foolonthehill

Post by Foolonthehill » February 1st, 2024, 11:45 am

Spencer’s put back jumper with :01 left to beat byu in 2003. This was one year after the horrendous meltdown against those jerks in football. We came close to doing the same thing in this game. The Aggies had a huge halftime lead (I remember we scored over 50 points in the first half) until get-your-own-damn-blue tied it up late. Spencer saved the day and we rushed the court.

Thanks for bringing up Cardell Butler. He’s one of my all time favorites. He was so much fun to watch and his logo kiss cemented his spot as an Aggie legend.
These users thanked the author Foolonthehill for the post (total 6):
cdaAgkofdogjackattackosuaggieOKAggieaggies22

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » February 1st, 2024, 11:54 am

Too many life-enriching memories to count!

Waiting inside the box for hours and hours on end to be on the front row in Section L was where some amazing friendships were made. We became a part of the team and willed the Aggies to so many victories. The court rushings in the late 2000s were epic. My favorite was after beating #9 Nevada in OT. I broad jumped over the south side scorers tables and on to the floor and the Spectrum floor was legit bouncing.

Loved beating the team down south in 2009 with that one chucker they had. Never in doubt.
These users thanked the author Section_L_Aggie for the post (total 5):
cdaAgFoolonthehilldirtnsnowkofdogaggies22

:utah: :state: :scotsman:

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » February 1st, 2024, 11:54 am

I don't even know where to begin since I've been to almost every game for the past 40 years but I remember all of these games/moments vividly:
-One of my core memories as maybe 6-7 year old was Greg Grant with a 2 handed breakaway dunk to secure a win over BYU and the blue decibel lights on the Dominos' sign lighting up to the sounds of victory. Must have been around 1983.
-The 1994 win over BYU with the first play of the game a backdoor alley-oop to Silas Mills to set the tone. We eviscerated them 83-59, I won't forget that scoreline.
-The time in the mid 2000's where the entire Spectrum chanted "waste of tithing" while we beat BYU to a pulp.
-The Spicer 3 to beat Utah.
-The time we beat the defending National Runners Up Utah in 1999
-Mid 1990's when the entire Spectrum chanted "WYYYAAATTT" anytime NMSU star player Wyatt had the ball and totally got spooked by the Spectrum taunts and had a miserable game. Corwin Woodard hit 2 free throws in the final seconds to win the game 69-68. This is back when NMSU was a Top 25 program.
-The 1980s and 1990s when the Blue Hairs used to show up to the games on time and stand during the line-ups and to celebrate the first basket and during anytime the fight song was played. (not to mention the toilet paper era, haha)
-Obviously the Stavon Williams sequence vs. Reno and the other time Reno's star Fazekas melted down.
-A sold out crowd on their feet leading up to the shot where Jaycee Carroll beat the scoring record.
-Sr Night when Cardell Butler kissed mid court on his way off for the final time.
-The streaker that ran across the court and up the tunnel and reluctantly tackled by the Police Officer, early 90's
-The water bomb vs. UNLV
-The miracle comeback vs. Boise State with George Karl in attendance as his son melted down under the Spectrum pressure.
-Stew's final game.
-Danny Sprinkle's 100th career win.
These users thanked the author aggiesdotcom for the post (total 4):
cdaAgtreesap32kofdogaggies22

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » February 1st, 2024, 12:08 pm

Some of the same memories for the late 2000s and on up to 2012 when we moved away the first time.

Chaz Spicer’s shot. The Nevada games. Taking my oldest to a few.

Also remember singing the Scotsman at a women’s game and my second son was so loud everyone heard him in the arena. Good job son. Even though it isn’t hard to do at them still happy he sang it proud.

I tip my hat to you for the story about the cape and puking. Made me laugh to the point of crying.
These users thanked the author crazywookie for the post (total 3):
cdaAgkofdogaggies22

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » February 1st, 2024, 12:43 pm

My first date with my wife was an Aggie basketball game in the Spectrum. I knew she was the one for me.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 6):
AggiePTToastedFlakes52FloridaAggie13kofdogStanfordAggieaggies22

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » February 1st, 2024, 12:57 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
February 1st, 2024, 11:05 am
I have so many. One of my earlier ones that i loved was when the Aggies smoked BYU by like 25 points in the early 90's with Silas Mills leading the way. The game against Boise in 2000 when the Aggies went undefeated in conference and sitting on the front row watching Troy Rolle literally jump over a Boise defender and hammer it down. Some of the more recent ones were the Nevada game in 2019 and the 20+ point comeback last year against Nevada when everything seemed to done after Baker hit 6 three's in the first 4 minutes.

These users thanked the author tipitup for the post (total 3):
Aggie84025kofdogaggies22

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 1st, 2024, 1:13 pm

For me it's the fire extinguisher game.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 4):
FloridaAggie13kofdogStanfordAggieaggies22

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 1st, 2024, 1:32 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 1st, 2024, 1:13 pm
For me it's the fire extinguisher game.
Such a great game and season. That game was so satisfying because the Aggies had been middle of the pack the last few years of Stew and then Duryea was just plain subpar in terms of Aggie expectations. That was the game where it finally felt like we were back and that the Spectrum was returning at least to a respectable version of itself in terms of the glory days in the 2000's.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 3):
ProvoAggiekofdogaggies22

Huddleclubber
Has thanked: 0

Post by Huddleclubber » February 1st, 2024, 2:07 pm

I remember first attending games as a child in the Field House and loved that arena sitting on the balcony above the east basket with my dad but was sold on the “Assembly Center” in the first game when Utah State knocked off Ohio State in December of 1970. The Assembly Center was later changed to the Spectrum and I have been attending games ever since. 53 years now! One game that stands out to me is back in the early 70’s Utah State played a very good New Mexico State team coached by Lou Henson who took NMSU to the final 4 in 1970. After the Aggies beat New Mexico State they trashed the visitor locker room of the brand new spectrum. Too many great game memories to count! I hope to be around for another 50 years! I secured a burial plot not far from the east doors of the Spectrum so I can always be close!
These users thanked the author Huddleclubber for the post (total 5):
Aggie84025FloridaAggie13918AGGkofdogaggies22

stu

Post by stu » February 1st, 2024, 2:48 pm

My best memories:
1990-91 - It wasn't the first game I attended that season, but for some reason it's my first memory. UNLV at its height, with LJ, Augmon, Anderson, Hunt, etc. They were such a big deal back then, and to see them play my school was pretty awesome, I invited a couple friends from home to come for the game. I was sure that UNLV would wipe the floor with us, but led by Jay Goodman's three point shooting, the Aggies kept it pretty close. It was a great atmosphere, great game!
1993-94 - UNLV again, I don't know how long it had been since we beat UNLV, but it had been a while. This iteration of UNLV was past their prime, but still a NCAA tourney team, led by Everik Gray (sp?). Aggies won and my roommates and I (along with hundreds of others) stormed the court. I think that's been my one and only court storming.
Season? - Not sure which season, but the final regular season game, I believe against Boise State, to go undefeated in Big West play, 16-0. Huge crowd, loud and into it, fantastic game to watch and be part of.
Early 90's - BYU game with Shawn Bradley. Don't remember the name of our player, but he looked about 35, balding - running down the court and giving Bradley a big elbow. Thought I was going to witness a brawl for a second.

Non Spectrum - attending the Kansas State 1st round tournament game in Tucson, with brother and nephew. First half wasn't so great, but the 2nd half comeback was super fun to be there in person for, even though we came up short in the end. Only NCAA Tournament game I have been to.
Last edited by stu on February 1st, 2024, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author stu for the post (total 3):
Aggie84025kofdogaggies22

BountifulAg
Has thanked: 0

Post by BountifulAg » February 1st, 2024, 3:41 pm

Jan. 2, 1985. 3 OT loss to UNLV 140-142. I remember being physically drained and soaked with sweat at the end of that game. My ears were ringing from how loud it was. I couldn't speak for a couple of days from all the yelling. At that time the highest scoring game in NCAA history. And it was Jerry Tarkanian's 600th career victory. Freddie Banks was clutch for UNLV. Jeff Anderson had 37, Vince Washington had 36 and Greg Grant had 31. What a game.
These users thanked the author BountifulAg for the post (total 5):
ProvoAggiekofdogFloridaAggie1388USUAggieaggies22

AngusAg

Post by AngusAg » February 1st, 2024, 3:58 pm

Corwin Woodard's coast to coast to finally beat UNLV.

Youngblood's game against UNLV where he almost beat them single handedly.

Greg Grant stealing the inbound from A Parrish for slam dunk to win.

Honestly, too many to list.
These users thanked the author AngusAg for the post (total 4):
kofdogFloridaAggie1388USUAggieaggies22

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 1st, 2024, 4:59 pm

Section_L_Aggie wrote:Too many life-enriching memories to count!

Waiting inside the box for hours and hours on end to be on the front row in Section L was where some amazing friendships were made. We became a part of the team and willed the Aggies to so many victories. The court rushings in the late 2000s were epic. My favorite was after beating #9 Nevada in OT. I broad jumped over the south side scorers tables and on to the floor and the Spectrum floor was legit bouncing.

Loved beating the team down south in 2009 with that one chucker they had. Never in doubt.
I assume we spent a lot of time together those winters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
kofdogSection_L_Aggie

Oldmainblue

Post by Oldmainblue » February 1st, 2024, 5:22 pm

One of my all time favorite Spectrum student section antics was the giant cardboard Neemias Queta free throw distraction. It had arms 10 feet long that would bend and be in motion by a team of students. I've seen nothing like it!
These users thanked the author Oldmainblue for the post:
ProvoAggie

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » February 1st, 2024, 5:40 pm

Bear in mind I haven't been in the Spectrum since 1993. Overlooked in the UNLV water bomb game, where the #1 ranked Rebels escaped with a two-point win in 1990, was the fact that USU ran up and down the court with the Rebels that night, holding nothing back. Midway through the first half Alan Gordon leads a fast break, dishing behind the back to Kendall Youngblood for a reverse dunk and forcing Tark to call a time out. That's the loudest I heard the Spectrum.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
Aggie in Boise

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 1st, 2024, 5:57 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
February 1st, 2024, 5:40 pm
Bear in mind I haven't been in the Spectrum since 1993. Overlooked in the UNLV water bomb game, where the #1 ranked Rebels escaped with a two-point win in 1990, was the fact that USU ran up and down the court with the Rebels that night, holding nothing back. Midway through the first half Alan Gordon leads a fast break, dishing behind the back to Kendall Youngblood for a reverse dunk and forcing Tark to call a time out. That's the loudest I heard the Spectrum.
When are you going back?

When I was in elementary school, I remember watching Kendall Youngblood play for Bonneville High School. My bball teammate's dad was the head coach of Bonneville High School so I went with him to a lot of the games. Kendall was doing reverse dunks then, too! I remember watching Tanoka Beard play, too.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 1st, 2024, 6:04 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
February 1st, 2024, 10:23 am
Honorable mention: Prestin Medlin somehow beating Idaho

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 1st, 2024, 6:08 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
February 1st, 2024, 10:56 am
My spectrum magic low light is when we blew an 8 point lead to Pacific with 30+ seconds left. Yuck.
That was also when the students prematurely chanted Overrated!

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » February 1st, 2024, 6:15 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
February 1st, 2024, 5:57 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
February 1st, 2024, 5:40 pm
When are you going back?

When I was in elementary school, I remember watching Kendall Youngblood play for Bonneville High School. My bball teammate's dad was the head coach of Bonneville High School so I went with him to a lot of the games. Kendall was doing reverse dunks then, too! I remember watching Tanoka Beard play, too.
I don't know; I go back at least once a year to see family and just need to schedule it around a basketball game. The other thing I remember was lining up outside the doors and sprinting down the steps to get seats on the first or second row. I can't imagine that still allowed due to injury risk.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » February 1st, 2024, 6:19 pm

treesap32 wrote:

We just need this in James Earl Jones' Field of Dreams voice and we can all sustain it as scripture.
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13treesap32ProvoAggie

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic