Boise fans tears

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Hoot

Re: Boise fans tears

Post by Hoot » February 12th, 2024, 7:53 pm

Dwigt wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 6:59 pm
Hoot wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 9:30 am
Dwigt wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 8:30 am
Hoot wrote:
February 11th, 2024, 11:32 am

A publication so prestigious that I’ve never heard of it!

Look man, I appreciate that you are for some reason expending effort to change my opinion on Boise Idaho but it’s not gonna happen. I’ve lived there, I have to go there all the time, to me it’s an absolute dump and the “benefits” of living there are very mediocre. If you like it then good for you!

Let’s move on with the day now :lol:
I’m okay not taking anyone about Boise, I’m more interested in how you have never heard of US News.
If it sounds like a website where SLB gets his news I’m not interested.
:lol:

US News are World Report has been around for decades. They are most known for the university rankings every year. They are in the middle on the Ad Fontes Media Bias chart so probably are hyper-left according to SLB.
That’s hilarious. I studied journalism at USU for a few years and I’d have to check my old notes but I don’t think they were even mentioned once. We talked about most of the other big ones though and even many of the not so big ones.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » February 12th, 2024, 10:37 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 1:58 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 10:10 am
NVAggie wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 9:27 am
We've all seen it on our own site. We may just not notice it as much.
Agreed, and that's kind of my point as well. Never a good look to complain about refs when you were beat.
Blaming the refs for losses is and always has been one of the lamest things a fanbase can do. In a close second to that is saying that a higher power (conference, league, etc) hates and is conspiring against you.
I used to think that too until I stood there and listened to Dave Hall recount about 10 different ways he threw calls against USU because we wouldn't remove fans who were bothersome to him, causing us to lose a close game to SDSU. They do change games and sometimes they do it on purpose.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13cvalUSU78

Gidbob

Post by Gidbob » February 12th, 2024, 11:51 pm

Ahbye wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 10:37 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
NVAggie wrote:
Agreed, and that's kind of my point as well. Never a good look to complain about refs when you were beat.
Blaming the refs for losses is and always has been one of the lamest things a fanbase can do. In a close second to that is saying that a higher power (conference, league, etc) hates and is conspiring against you.
I used to think that too until I stood there and listened to Dave Hall recount about 10 different ways he threw calls against USU because we wouldn't remove fans who were bothersome to him, causing us to lose a close game to SDSU. They do change games and sometimes they do it on purpose.
Links?

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » February 13th, 2024, 7:05 am

Hoot wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 7:53 pm
Dwigt wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Dwigt wrote:
Hoot wrote:

Look man, I appreciate that you are for some reason expending effort to change my opinion on Boise Idaho but it’s not gonna happen. I’ve lived there, I have to go there all the time, to me it’s an absolute dump and the “benefits” of living there are very mediocre. If you like it then good for you!

I’m okay not taking anyone about Boise, I’m more interested in how you have never heard of US News.

US News are World Report has been around for decades. They are most known for the university rankings every year. They are in the middle on the Ad Fontes Media Bias chart so probably are hyper-left according to SLB.
That’s hilarious. I studied journalism at USU for a few years and I’d have to check my old notes but I don’t think they were even mentioned once. We talked about most of the other big ones though and even many of the not so big ones.
I was a Journalism Major, but long before you. Purely print and legacy media. US News has been around for about 80 years or so and used to have a print publication similar to Time and Newsweek.

Ad Fontes Media scale is purely subjective.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » February 13th, 2024, 12:09 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
February 13th, 2024, 7:05 am
Hoot wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 7:53 pm
Dwigt wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Dwigt wrote:
Hoot wrote:

I was a Journalism Major, but long before you. Purely print and legacy media. US News has been around for about 80 years or so and used to have a print publication similar to Time and Newsweek.

Ad Fontes Media scale is purely subjective.
These users thanked the author BearLakeMonster for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13Real Life Aggie

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » February 14th, 2024, 6:06 pm

Ahbye wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
NVAggie wrote:
I’m sure it happens- just not as often as some of our fans think it does.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post:
Ahbye

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » February 14th, 2024, 6:47 pm

Gidbob wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 11:51 pm
Ahbye wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
NVAggie wrote:
Links?
Why would you think that's necessary? Our Ahbye is professionally trained in observation and retention.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic