MW Tournament Tickets

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Section_L_Aggie

MW Tournament Tickets

Post by Section_L_Aggie » February 21st, 2024, 2:49 pm

Has anybody heard any rumors about when we'll actually get the MW tournament all-session passes purchased through USU? The ticket office told me they'd be digital tickets through Ticketmaster but didn't have a date on when we'd get them.

:utah: :state: :scotsman:

Dkdavis

Re: MW Tournament Tickets

Post by Dkdavis » February 21st, 2024, 2:57 pm

I bought Premium seats through Airforce, and they first told me 3 weeks before the tournament. They have since told me end of the month when I followed up.

Side note: I kind of regret buying premium seats through Air Force. I was hoping that we would get better seats because they wouldn't be able to sell all of their premium seats, but they did. I'm worried we are going to be stuck at the top of whatever premium section we are in.

Full

Post by Full » February 21st, 2024, 4:32 pm

The deadline for priority seat assignment was Feb 12. You have to call the ticket office to order now. I assume it would be soon since they have presumably assigned the seats.

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » February 26th, 2024, 5:53 pm

Word on the street/ticket office is that tickets will start being emailed tomorrow. So we should have them by tomorrow or Wednesday.

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » February 27th, 2024, 4:13 pm

Tickets came from Ticketmaster today! Section 102 woot woot!

newtonianblue

Post by newtonianblue » February 27th, 2024, 4:15 pm

Yep, got mine!
These users thanked the author newtonianblue for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 27th, 2024, 5:01 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
February 21st, 2024, 2:57 pm
I bought Premium seats through Airforce, and they first told me 3 weeks before the tournament. They have since told me end of the month when I followed up.

Side note: I kind of regret buying premium seats through Air Force. I was hoping that we would get better seats because they wouldn't be able to sell all of their premium seats, but they did. I'm worried we are going to be stuck at the top of whatever premium section we are in.
That's always the problem buying "premium" seats in the club level, I feel like it kind of takes you out of the game, sitting up their in your own box... sure there's likely booze up there, but I'd rather be down on the floor closer to the action :joking:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » February 27th, 2024, 7:50 pm

ViAggie wrote:
February 27th, 2024, 5:01 pm
Dkdavis wrote:
February 21st, 2024, 2:57 pm

That's always the problem buying "premium" seats in the club level, I feel like it kind of takes you out of the game, sitting up their in your own box... sure there's likely booze up there, but I'd rather be down on the floor closer to the action :joking:
Ha, well thankfully in this case “premium” means slightly closer to the floor. Not as close as VIP, but closer than regular all session passes. It’s interesting how they’ve changed up seating this year compared to years past.

Rawbirds

Post by Rawbirds » March 3rd, 2024, 2:40 pm

I was expecting to be in section 103, I bought premium tickets through USU but when I got my tickets they’re in 106, I’m not complaining just curious if this happened to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » March 3rd, 2024, 3:10 pm

Rawbirds wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 2:40 pm
I was expecting to be in section 103, I bought premium tickets through USU but when I got my tickets they’re in 106, I’m not complaining just curious if this happened to anyone else?

I bought the regular "peasant" tickets and got section 102.

USUFAN5

Post by USUFAN5 » March 3rd, 2024, 3:20 pm

I bought 2 all session tickets on ticketmaster a while ago for what I thought was a great deal. ($300 for both). Now I'm wondering if I'm going be disappointed. The day after I got them I got an email with the tickets for just the final session. I called ticketmaster and they assured me that I did buy the all session pass and that they will send individual emails for each session. Has anyone gone through this? I seem to remember a thread a while ago discussing this topic.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 3rd, 2024, 3:56 pm

Rawbirds wrote:

They advertised that the Premium and VIP seats were in a common area.
*Note, to provide you with the best seats available, VIP and Premium Seats are located in a common area and may not be located in your institution’s block (see seating chart below)
https://themw.com/2024-basketball-championships/#links

Rawbirds

Post by Rawbirds » March 3rd, 2024, 4:04 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
Rawbirds wrote:

They advertised that the Premium and VIP seats were in a common area.
*Note, to provide you with the best seats available, VIP and Premium Seats are located in a common area and may not be located in your institution’s block (see seating chart below)
https://themw.com/2024-basketball-championships/#links
Thank you, that makes sense.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 3rd, 2024, 4:10 pm

USUFAN5 wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 3:20 pm
I bought 2 all session tickets on ticketmaster a while ago for what I thought was a great deal. ($300 for both). Now I'm wondering if I'm going be disappointed. The day after I got them I got an email with the tickets for just the final session. I called ticketmaster and they assured me that I did buy the all session pass and that they will send individual emails for each session. Has anyone gone through this? I seem to remember a thread a while ago discussing this topic.
I bought a few as well, but they haven’t ever sent them to me. I’m just banking on getting refunded on the 10th when the women sessions start and I don’t have my tickets yet. You might get refunded and walk away with some free tickets to the championship game.
These users thanked the author Dkdavis for the post:
USUFAN5

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 3rd, 2024, 4:13 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
USUFAN5 wrote:
I bought a few as well, but they haven’t ever sent them to me. I’m just banking on getting refunded on the 10th when the women sessions start and I don’t have my tickets yet. You might get refunded and walk away with some free tickets to the championship game.
The ones I bought specifically said Men's All Session. I bought 2 sets of 4 and haven't received anything yet either. I'm thinking we're gonna need to look elsewhere. Wish it would get resolved soon.

I'm addition to that. Did anyone buy all session passes that isn't planning on using the Women's tickets? I'll be looking for 2-3 for the Women's games on Sunday. I doubt we advance but I'll still support them for that game.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » March 3rd, 2024, 4:14 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 4:13 pm
Dkdavis wrote:
USUFAN5 wrote:
The ones I bought specifically said Men's All Session. I bought 2 sets of 4 and haven't received anything yet either. I'm thinking we're gonna need to look elsewhere. Wish it would get resolved soon.

I'm addition to that. Did anyone buy all session passes that isn't planning on using the Women's tickets? I'll be looking for 2-3 for the Women's games on Sunday. I doubt we advance but I'll still support them for that game.

I bought the all session pass but won’t be there for the women’s games. I got 2 in section 102 if you’d be interested.

Rawbirds

Post by Rawbirds » March 3rd, 2024, 4:22 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
Dkdavis wrote:
USUFAN5 wrote:

I have 3 in section 106 that I won’t be using.

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » March 4th, 2024, 7:00 am

Dkdavis wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 4:10 pm
USUFAN5 wrote:
I bought 4 all session men's passes on Ticketmaster. $325 each. Section 103. Downloaded them from TM to my apple wallet. Good to go.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 4th, 2024, 8:10 am

I also bought 7 premium all session passes straight from Air Force and have not received them yet.

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » March 4th, 2024, 8:18 am

Got mine downloaded to Apple Watch today! Section 103!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 4th, 2024, 9:00 am

AggiePT wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 8:18 am
Does the Apple watch support showing the barcodes or just tap to enter. Last year when I tried to use the tap to enter with my phone they said it didn't work with their readers and wouldn't let me try it. It showed as an option in the Ticketmaster app but the T&M staff said it didn't work.

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » March 4th, 2024, 9:06 am

Section_L_Aggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 4:14 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
Dkdavis wrote:
USUFAN5 wrote:

I bought the all session pass but won’t be there for the women’s games. I got 2 in section 102 if you’d be interested.
Same here, also section 102 - gratis to anybody who wants to go to any of the women's sessions through the semis, let me know. I'm keeping the W finals tickets.

EDIT: Taken
Last edited by OKAggie on March 4th, 2024, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nobody here knows anything.

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » March 4th, 2024, 10:05 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 9:00 am
AggiePT wrote:
Does the Apple watch support showing the barcodes or just tap to enter. Last year when I tried to use the tap to enter with my phone they said it didn't work with their readers and wouldn't let me try it. It showed as an option in the Ticketmaster app but the T&M staff said it didn't work.
Now that you mention it, both the phone and watch only have the tap to pay. No barcodes. Did they make you pull up the Ticketmaster website to get in?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 4th, 2024, 10:24 am

AggiePT wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 10:05 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 9:00 am
AggiePT wrote:
Now that you mention it, both the phone and watch only have the tap to pay. No barcodes. Did they make you pull up the Ticketmaster website to get in?
Typically on the phone there is a button on the screen to View the Barcode. They made me use that.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
AggiePT

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 4th, 2024, 12:44 pm

Air force was having some technical issues with transfer from customer to customer. But I was able to get onto the mountain west portal and see where they are. We'll be in in Section 105 in the premium section. Super excited for the tournament!

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 4th, 2024, 3:12 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
Dkdavis wrote:
USUFAN5 wrote:

I just got told, "Hi Devan, this is Andreo. I understand that you're requesting a refund because you received the wrong tickets for this event, I'd like to help you with this, so I've checked the refund eligibility for this event.

Upon checking your event, I'm sorry, Devan, I noticed that your tickets came from a Third-Party Ticketing provider, meaning that it is for an event that Ticketmaster doesn't sell the primary tickets for. You purchased your tickets from another fan who posted it for sale on our marketplace. We can only process refunds if the event cancels, so we have no control over it and at this time, your event is still scheduled to take place."

This sucks. What happened to money back guarantee???

*edit*
I called Ticketmaster and they're "escalating" my case. They said it will take 3-5 business days before I get a call back.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 4th, 2024, 3:31 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 3:12 pm
I just got told, "Hi Devan, this is Andreo. I understand that you're requesting a refund because you received the wrong tickets for this event, I'd like to help you with this, so I've checked the refund eligibility for this event.

Upon checking your event, I'm sorry, Devan, I noticed that your tickets came from a Third-Party Ticketing provider, meaning that it is for an event that Ticketmaster doesn't sell the primary tickets for. You purchased your tickets from another fan who posted it for sale on our marketplace. We can only process refunds if the event cancels, so we have no control over it and at this time, your event is still scheduled to take place."

*edit*
I called Ticketmaster and they're "escalating" my case. They said it will take 3-5 business days before I get a call back.
In chat I had my case escalated and they said 3-5 days for a response...8 days later I didn't have one so I followed up and they said they had no clue. They asked me to provide a link to the original ticket website...which happens to be Ticketmaster. They are the original marketplace for the tickets and don't even know it. Did they transfer you just the Championship game tickets? Ticketmaster support does seem to be a joke. They actually told me to reach out to the person I bought the tickets from. When I asked how they told me it wasn't possible.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
QuackAttackAggie

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 4th, 2024, 3:33 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 3:31 pm
Dkdavis wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 3:12 pm

*edit*
In chat I had my case escalated and they said 3-5 days for a response...8 days later I didn't have one so I followed up and they said they had no clue. They asked me to provide a link to the original ticket website...which happens to be Ticketmaster. They are the original marketplace for the tickets and don't even know it. Did they transfer you just the Championship game tickets? Ticketmaster support does seem to be a joke. They actually told me to reach out to the person I bought the tickets from. When I asked how they told me it wasn't possible.
Yeah, I bought two sets of tickets. One of them arrived, and it was only for the championship game. I've worked with StubHub on getting refunded for tickets, and they made it super easy. I figured Ticketmaster would be the same way....

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 4th, 2024, 3:39 pm

Well hopefully it turns out well. This is a screenshot from my Ticketmaster Support Chat.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 5th, 2024, 9:56 am

I'm going to continue calling Ticketmaster and bugging them about this, but in the meantime I found a Reddit comment with another source of action that we can take:

"Reach out to the Better Business Bureau and ticketmaster will respond and fix there mistakes. The only way to get them actually to do their job."

"If you want actual results file a dispute with the bbb and they answer right away it's kinda amazing. No hoops and endless fake lies like going through customer service online or phone."

fetchingaggiefan22

Post by fetchingaggiefan22 » March 6th, 2024, 10:55 am

I am having the same issue. Purchased "All Session" tickets from Ticketmaster for them only to be the championship. Ticketmaster essentially told me to kick rocks. I just filed with the BBB. I would rather buy an all session for $325 from the university if the friday and saturday sessions are going to be well over $100. If anyone has any success dealing with Ticketmaster on this I would love to hear how.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 6th, 2024, 10:59 am

I just also received just the Championship game tickets after purchasing All Session passes. I called Ticketmaster and they assured me that the rest of the sessions would still be coming. I told them that the event begins March 10. They looked it up and verified. They said I should have All Sessions and not just Session 9. They said that because the event is 4 days away I will hear back within 3 days...I doubt it. If all else fails I'll dispute it with my credit card. You can't say that you're selling "All Sessions" and then only deliver "Session 9." I don't know what happened here but something on Ticketmasters end made people believe that they were only selling the Championship game even though it was listed as an All Session ticket.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 7th, 2024, 12:24 pm

Filing through the Better Business Bureau worked!

Here is Ticketmaster's response:

"I am reaching out to you today concerning your ticket purchase. Unfortunately, there was a listing error and the tickets purchased are not for All Sessions, just Session 9. You can certainly keep the order as is, or return the Session 9 to TMRMobileTransfer@ticketmaster.com and we will be happy to refund the purchase or look for other suitable All Session seating."
These users thanked the author Dkdavis for the post:
fetchingaggiefan22

fetchingaggiefan22

Post by fetchingaggiefan22 » March 7th, 2024, 12:28 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
March 5th, 2024, 9:56 am
I'm going to continue calling Ticketmaster and bugging them about this, but in the meantime I found a Reddit comment with another source of action that we can take:

"Reach out to the Better Business Bureau and ticketmaster will respond and fix there mistakes. The only way to get them actually to do their job."

"If you want actual results file a dispute with the bbb and they answer right away it's kinda amazing. No hoops and endless fake lies like going through customer service online or phone."

You just saved our tournament week. I bought 6 all sessions for $103 when they popped up a few weeks ago. When they sent the tickets they were only for session 9 (Championship game). I reached out to ticket master and they essentially told me to kick rocks because I bought them from a third party seller. After seeing your post I filed a complaint with the BBB showing my communications with ticketmaster telling me I bought from the All-Session listing, and that they were not doing anything to fix it. This morning I woke up to an email from Ticketmaster offering me All-Session tickets in a different location of the arena or a refund for the originals I bought. I had them move us and honor the all-session. I would recommend filing a complaint with the BBB if you are having issues!! GO AGGIES!!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 7th, 2024, 12:35 pm

I filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday and had a response later that the other tickets should have been sent to me. I declined it. Hoping for the option to get moved to another section in the arena.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic