MW Tournament hospitality package

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
rAggie

MW Tournament hospitality package

Post by rAggie » February 23rd, 2024, 12:10 pm

Have any of you guys purchased the hospitality package at the tourney before? My buddy and I are planning to attend all games and it seems like potentially a good deal given Vegas prices to get 3 days worth of booze and food for $300, but wanted to check to see if you all had experienced it before and found it to be good value.

Go Aggies

Showing my True Colors since 2022

Coloraggie

Re: MW Tournament hospitality package

Post by Coloraggie » February 23rd, 2024, 12:27 pm

I haven't ever bought the big hospitality package but I know I've bought stuff for $10 for individual games. You were supposed to sign up in advance but then they let everyone in the door and ran out of food and Aggie Ice Cream so for $10 I got to be frustrated that there wasn't anything there.
These users thanked the author Coloraggie for the post (total 2):
rAggieaggies22

rAggie

Post by rAggie » February 23rd, 2024, 12:28 pm

I'm asking specifically about the one offered through the Mountain West. The USU Alumni hospitality situation is always a CF but I do appreciate the Alumni Association for hosting it.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 23rd, 2024, 12:39 pm

I've seen the Hospitality room walking around the T&M the past couple of years and there are usually 10-15 people in there at a time but it hasn't been terribly crowded. I know they sell single day passes to it as well. I'm not sure how much they are but it's something you could try on a day by day basis. Ultimately you'd get the most out of it on Wednesday and Thursday when there are games all day long (assuming you're attending every game) while Friday with 2 games and Saturday with 1 aren't going to give you as much value. It looks like the Hospitality package is also for the Women's games so you're likely paying for those days as well. I don't believe that the single day passes were $100 but I may be wrong.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
rAggieaggies22

stewusu98

Post by stewusu98 » February 24th, 2024, 9:27 am

I do know they serve wasatch brewing beers at the Thomas and Mack. Not sure if they do in the hospitality tent.
I always thought that it was funny that I had to leave Utah to get my favorite Wasatch beers of theirs on tap.

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » February 24th, 2024, 1:17 pm

I've never done it. Perhaps a question worth asking on the MWC forum if you don't get a good answer here.

My concern would be that the beer is bud, bud light and coors light and the food is hot dogs, chicken tenders and fries. Basically low quality food/drink, lol. You might be better off pregaming somewhere, and getting two $12 beers ( I think that's what they cost there) a game.

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » February 24th, 2024, 5:33 pm

Never have done the MW one, but the USU alumni one last year was fantastic. Get there early, as we did and there was plenty of food and drink to go around, until there isn't.

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » March 20th, 2024, 1:55 pm

rAggie wrote:
February 23rd, 2024, 12:28 pm
I'm asking specifically about the one offered through the Mountain West. The USU Alumni hospitality situation is always a CF but I do appreciate the Alumni Association for hosting it.
Following up to see how you liked it?
Unlimited drinks?? Cocktails or just beer?? Would you do it again??
Usually just watch the Aggies. This year I was at all 10 games. Probably would have been money ahead to do the package in retrospect.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » March 20th, 2024, 2:44 pm

GordoAggie wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 1:55 pm
rAggie wrote:
Usually just watch the Aggies. This year I was at all 10 games. Probably would have been money ahead to do the package in retrospect.
Will do again without question. It was a phenomenal experience. Had great conversations with fans, it was a great place to retreat to to watch games and there was a variety of seats from comfy seating, tall tables, bar seating, there were games such as cornhole, jenga, pop shot, a putting mat...

There was constantly food being served and it was of decent quality, the meals were actually quite good (all buffet style) and the snacks were pretty good. Chicken/ribs, tacos, sliders, chicken strips, various salads, hot dogs, breakfast on Thursday.

Drinks...we got our moneys worth. Cocktails were cash bar but beer/wine/seltzers were complimentary and they had really nice seltzer/teas from Longball that I'd never had before. The founders of Longball were there and I talked to them for a while, they are from San Diego and are Aztec donors, but are working on getting school-branded cans for every Mountain West school (hoping that USU doesn't deny them licensing rights to the logo) and give 1 percent of sales of the branded cans to each school's NIL collective.

All in all, wonderful experience, well worth the money, and if you're going to be there for all games, it is very worth it.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post (total 3):
trevordudeGordoAggieCacheCow

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 21st, 2024, 11:43 am

rAggie wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 2:44 pm
GordoAggie wrote:
March 20th, 2024, 1:55 pm
rAggie wrote:
Will do again without question. It was a phenomenal experience. Had great conversations with fans, it was a great place to retreat to to watch games and there was a variety of seats from comfy seating, tall tables, bar seating, there were games such as cornhole, jenga, pop shot, a putting mat...

There was constantly food being served and it was of decent quality, the meals were actually quite good (all buffet style) and the snacks were pretty good. Chicken/ribs, tacos, sliders, chicken strips, various salads, hot dogs, breakfast on Thursday.

Drinks...we got our moneys worth. Cocktails were cash bar but beer/wine/seltzers were complimentary and they had really nice seltzer/teas from Longball that I'd never had before. The founders of Longball were there and I talked to them for a while, they are from San Diego and are Aztec donors, but are working on getting school-branded cans for every Mountain West school (hoping that USU doesn't deny them licensing rights to the logo) and give 1 percent of sales of the branded cans to each school's NIL collective.

All in all, wonderful experience, well worth the money, and if you're going to be there for all games, it is very worth it.
I was hoping you'd do a follow-up, good stuff. Sounds like it was a good deal. No doubt next year will be $350 a person or something, but it sounds like it was worth it if you were doing the entire tournament.

I never heard of Longball, so I had to look them up; there's only one place in town that serves them, and it's a Dave and Busters type of restaurant we have, so I'll have to wait until the next time I'm down in SD to try them.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic