Danny Sprinkle on Dan Patrick Show

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
HomeTown

Danny Sprinkle on Dan Patrick Show

Post by HomeTown » March 8th, 2024, 9:28 am

They're talking to Danny Sprinkle on the Dan Patrick show right now. Ryan Leaf is guest hosting and is friends with Danny Sprinkle from Montana.
These users thanked the author HomeTown for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggieArmy

Hoot

Re: Danny Sprinkle on Dan Patrick Show

Post by Hoot » March 8th, 2024, 9:29 am

Leaf is a surprisingly good guest host when he fills in for guys.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
aggies22

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » March 8th, 2024, 9:36 am

Host asked where is your coaching goal.
"I want to win a national championship. Getting to the big dance is great but once you get a taste you don't want to stop. I think Utah State and the Mountain West is a league and place that you can do that."
These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post (total 11):
flying_scotsman2.0Section_L_Aggiestewusu98AGinNEIowa88USUAggieaggies22Zaggie07AggieArmyOldmainbluenewtonianblue and one more user

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » March 8th, 2024, 9:54 am

tysteve20 wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 9:36 am
"I want to win a national championship. Getting to the big dance is great but once you get a taste you don't want to stop. I think Utah State and the Mountain West is a league and place that you can do that."
If he leaves after this season, these quotes are going to be even more frustrating. It's one thing to say this stuff before any rumors/reports come out. Another thing entirely once there are whispers of you leaving after the season. I'd rather he dodge the question and say he's focused on NM and the MWC tournament. Or sign a fat extension and put the rumors to bed.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 8th, 2024, 10:05 am

tysteve20 wrote:
Stop doing this to my heart, Danny.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 8th, 2024, 10:20 am

tysteve20 wrote:
notice he said a place that "you" can do that, not a place that "I" can do that.

Sprinkle to UCLA confirmed.
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 4):
WannabeAgAlumtrevordudeOldmainblueViAggie

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 8th, 2024, 10:22 am

I refuse to allow any of the coaching carousel to ruin this amazing season. Whatever happens after the season is going to happen. Right now, I just want to keep watching this team pull out wins.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 12):
Aggiefan160Aggie formerly in HawaiiAggiePTToastedFlakes52trevordudeaggies22JSHarveyCodingAggieBlueFoolonthehillCacheCow and 2 more users

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 8th, 2024, 10:26 am

Anyone have a link?

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » March 8th, 2024, 10:38 am

Danny Sprinkle is like that hot ex-girlfriend that we all wished things would have worked out in high school, and that we still think about from time to time decades later. We are just waiting for him to break up with us.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 8th, 2024, 11:09 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 10:22 am
I refuse to allow any of the coaching carousel to ruin this amazing season. Whatever happens after the season is going to happen. Right now, I just want to keep watching this team pull out wins.
Yep I'm not worried about any of this until after the season. Too excited about the possibilities this season has to worry about that now

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » March 8th, 2024, 11:19 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 10:20 am
tysteve20 wrote:
notice he said a place that "you" can do that, not a place that "I" can do that.

Sprinkle to UCLA confirmed.
So, is Ryan Leaf going to be a good coach for us?
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post:
ViAggie

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 8th, 2024, 11:24 am

Aggie702 wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 9:54 am
tysteve20 wrote:
If he leaves after this season, these quotes are going to be even more frustrating. It's one thing to say this stuff before any rumors/reports come out. Another thing entirely once there are whispers of you leaving after the season. I'd rather he dodge the question and say he's focused on NM and the MWC tournament. Or sign a fat extension and put the rumors to bed.
Just already assume in your mind that he's gone and enjoy this one season for what it is.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » March 8th, 2024, 11:32 am

You can find it here. Just scroll down to Hour 3 - Danny Sprinkle

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-the ... -60330018/
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post (total 4):
trevordudeslcaggAggieArmyViAggie

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » March 8th, 2024, 11:57 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
Aggie702 wrote:
tysteve20 wrote:
Just already assume in your mind that he's gone and enjoy this one season for what it is.
I am trying so hard to have this mindset. The past 6 years have made it easier to develop. The college athletics world has changed and I don’t think it is going back to the way it was. It was easy to become a big fan of a coach as he was going to be around for a number of years. It was easy to become a long term fan of players as we would have them for 2-4 years. Those days are gone. My new attitude that I’m trying to develop is to be a fan of Utah State Basketball. I have learned that it’s possible to fall in love with a player that will only be here 1 year or a coach that will only be here one year. I KNOW that USU basketball is here to stay. I know they can’t take the Spectrum away from us. Both of these things are bigger than a player or a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » March 8th, 2024, 12:11 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 11:24 am
Aggie702 wrote:
tysteve20 wrote:
I made peace with it after the Goodman tweet (and Samuri Hoops tweeted a "Sprinkle one and done" gif during the SJSU game). However, comments like this and the ones he made at the luncheon give me a small spark of false hope I'd rather not have lol. I'd rather he just didn't say this stuff at this point.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 8th, 2024, 12:15 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
tysteve20 wrote:
Notice, he didn't say he was going to stay instead he said, "I think Utah State and the Mountain West is a league and place that you can do that." I take "you" to mean anyone. Also, coaches say sh!t all the time and then change their minds once the money is placed in front of them. I hope he stays, but if not, he is doing a great job of getting Utah State national recognition. I really like Danny and have the utmost respect for him regardless of whether he goes (unless it is to B_U or Utah) or stays. Obviously, I will like him better if he stays unless he starts sucking. :stirpot:
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
ViAggie

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » March 8th, 2024, 12:19 pm

Do y'all remember when we were all in love with Craig Smith? Same rules apply.

Danny can do whatever he wants - and after what he's done for us so far - and possibly even after a nice contract buyout - I honestly won't feel a shred of anger about it.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post (total 4):
ViAggieReal Life AggieAGinNEIowaAgMac

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 8th, 2024, 12:50 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 12:15 pm
Aggie702 wrote:
tysteve20 wrote:
Notice, he didn't say he was going to stay instead he said, "I think Utah State and the Mountain West is a league and place that you can do that." I take "you" to mean anyone. Also, coaches say sh!t all the time and then change their minds once the money is placed in front of them. I hope he stays, but if not, he is doing a great job of getting Utah State national recognition. I really like Danny and have the utmost respect for him regardless of whether he goes (unless it is to B_U or Utah) or stays. Obviously, I will like him better if he stays unless he starts sucking. :stirpot:
I said this as a joke but I should have known better
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
Aggie in Boise

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 8th, 2024, 1:18 pm

These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
slcagg

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » March 8th, 2024, 3:12 pm

Well SDSU showed a team from the MW can get the the final game, if we do it the Danny can say mission accomplished. :-)

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

GUS

Post by GUS » March 8th, 2024, 5:31 pm

Not a thing I can do about staying or going except increase my NIL donation. So, I did that, and like the rest of you have said, just enjoy the ride while it lasts.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

ghsaggie

Post by ghsaggie » March 8th, 2024, 9:42 pm

The question I keep asking myself is do I support coaches, players, or the program as a whole? The answer I end up on is the program. Whether or not Danny stays, it's been a CRAZY fun year and it's been good for the program. If we keep rotating coaches year in and year out, I feel like it shows the strength of the program here. Go Aggies!
These users thanked the author ghsaggie for the post (total 2):
Aggie in BoiseAggieFBObsession

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 8th, 2024, 9:57 pm

ghsaggie wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 9:42 pm
The question I keep asking myself is do I support coaches, players, or the program as a whole? The answer I end up on is the program. Whether or not Danny stays, it's been a CRAZY fun year and it's been good for the program. If we keep rotating coaches year in and year out, I feel like it shows the strength of the program here. Go Aggies!
Amen! Let's hope Danny leaves so we can elevate the program. I trust Bovee to find us a good replacement.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 9th, 2024, 12:06 am

ghsaggie wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 9:42 pm
Agreed. But what puts a damper on my enthusiasm is when players leave with the coach and the next coach needs to rebuild nearly from scratch.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 9th, 2024, 12:10 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 11:24 am
Aggie702 wrote:
tysteve20 wrote:
Well, unless we can win in the tourney it’s just a slightly more surprising version of just about every other year in the last 20 years. Entertaining, then over with a whimper.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
gomretat

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic