Danny Extension Offer

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Danny Extension Offer

Post by aggies22 » March 10th, 2024, 6:37 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 11:55 am
aggies22 wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 11:32 am
FromLItoLogan wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:59 am
Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:56 am
:wtf: is taking Danny and his agent so damn long to sign or at least verbally commit to the extension?????

:stirpot:
It's a big decision and with a major extension offer now on the table I'm sure it's not just Washington who's come calling hoping to get in and undercut Washington or before he signs that extension.
DePaul has called.
I didn't say it wasn't funny, I just said they called. Awhile ago actually.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
FloridaAggie13bigblue32Aggie in Boisehipsterdoofus21

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 10th, 2024, 7:18 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 3:42 pm
Coloraggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 3:36 pm
Honestly, if I'm DS I'm going to tell DS thank you and that I'll review it and make a decision to sign when the season is over. He should also be telling Washington, Depaul or anyone else who calls to get to him when USU has been eliminated from play this year. To sign now with USU or anyone else would seem to take a lot of effort with the review, negotiations, legal, etc... Focus on finishing the season and know that you are loved here.
If DePaul calls, you say yes before they even give an amount.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Post by JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) » March 12th, 2024, 3:29 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 9th, 2024, 9:39 pm
I posted this in the other thread, but I heard it’s $2M with incentives on top of that.

I don’t even think it’s about that though. In the old system this would’ve been amazing, but now it’s about having a massive NIL $ pot to be able to try to compete for the national championship. That’s why I think we lose him.
While it appears the Contract Extension presented to Sprinkle this preceding week should definitely give him pause and while I truly believe it was more than enough to compel him to stay... I have since learned that the NIL appears woefully short, in spite of the fact that it was significantly increased, but only within the last week or so. My utter frustration is with the fact that the process, for the NIL especially, should and could have been started at least a year or more prior. All whom are acutely aware of the fact that the college landscape, being dictated by the ever-changing conference alignments and NIL, leave Utah State with and apparent finite window with which to maximize and realize its abject potential within the next 2-3 years, before it unequivocally closes. Simply put... we have this opportunity to shoot for the moon and obtain talents to contend with the Power 5's. While we clearly are poised to, in seemingly EVERY way with this Administration and its apparent ambitions, the most critical and complicated element of NIL and the bolstering of it, seems to have fallen short. There needs to be an absolute clarion call and an overwhelming collective sense of urgency by one and all to address this issue, starting with each and every 1%er Alumni that have yet to to do so, to every capable one of us in Aggie Nation. Its now or never. PERIOD.
These users thanked the author JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) for the post:
AggieFBObsession

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 12th, 2024, 3:45 pm

JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:29 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
I posted this in the other thread, but I heard it’s $2M with incentives on top of that.

I don’t even think it’s about that though. In the old system this would’ve been amazing, but now it’s about having a massive NIL $ pot to be able to try to compete for the national championship. That’s why I think we lose him.
While it appears the Contract Extension presented to Sprinkle this preceding week should definitely give him pause and while I truly believe it was more than enough to compel him to stay... I have since learned that the NIL appears woefully short, in spite of the fact that it was significantly increased, but only within the last week or so. My utter frustration is with the fact that the process, for the NIL especially, should and could have been started at least a year or more prior. All whom are acutely aware of the fact that the college landscape, being dictated by the ever-changing conference alignments and NIL, leave Utah State with and apparent finite window with which to maximize and realize its abject potential within the next 2-3 years, before it unequivocally closes. Simply put... we have this opportunity to shoot for the moon and obtain talents to contend with the Power 5's. While we clearly are poised to, in seemingly EVERY way with this Administration and its apparent ambitions, the most critical and complicated element of NIL and the bolstering of it, seems to have fallen short. There needs to be an absolute clarion call and an overwhelming collective sense of urgency by one and all to address this issue, starting with each and every 1%er Alumni that have yet to to do so, to every capable one of us in Aggie Nation. Its now or never. PERIOD.
Do you now or have you ever worked for the athletics department?
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Aggies1888

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » March 12th, 2024, 3:48 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:

Who’s burner
These users thanked the author Bullnamed_gus for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21aggies22

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 12th, 2024, 3:50 pm

Stick with us Sprink. We can grow it together.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 2):
JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)Real Life Aggie

Aggies1888

Post by Aggies1888 » March 12th, 2024, 3:50 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:45 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:

He appears to be 1) a DJ and 2) a roofing inspector
These users thanked the author Aggies1888 for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21aggies22

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 12th, 2024, 4:38 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:

Hands up don't shoot.
Last edited by ViAggie on March 12th, 2024, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » March 12th, 2024, 4:46 pm

I'll triple my season tickets if Sprinkle stays for one more year.

I'll double it no matter what.

This time, I mean it, I swear.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post (total 2):
ViAggieJefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 12th, 2024, 4:46 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:

Wow. Where have you been hiding? The power of script sometimes is incredible.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 12th, 2024, 4:58 pm

Expecting a Mountain West school that hasn't won an NCAA tourney game in (**checks notes**) 20+ years to have the NIL war chest necessary to buy players to compete for a national championship is, as the kids say, totally "delulu."

I was super stoked to learn earlier this week that we even had an NIL presence that would make us top 1/3rd in the MW. How about we maybe focus on winning ONE NCAA tourney game for the first time in 20+ years before we start demanding an SEC level NIL war chest and chartered flights to every game.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 10):
ViAggieAggies18883rdGenAggiegomretatflying_scotsman2.0brossp24trevordudeNavyBlueAggieAggiecpaJSHarvey

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » March 12th, 2024, 5:07 pm

Shivers. Not only the words but those eyes...just show me where to sign. And please don't hurt me or my family.
These users thanked the author WannabeAgAlum for the post:
jazzdog56466

AgMac

Post by AgMac » March 12th, 2024, 5:13 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 4:58 pm
Expecting a Mountain West school that hasn't won an NCAA tourney game in (**checks notes**) 20+ years to have the NIL war chest necessary to buy players to compete for a national championship is, as the kids say, totally "delulu."

I was super stoked to learn earlier this week that we even had an NIL presence that would make us top 1/3rd in the MW. How about we maybe focus on winning ONE NCAA tourney game for the first time in 20+ years before we start demanding an SEC level NIL war chest and chartered flights to every game.
Yeah, I'm not saying we shouldn't try to have an NIL presence, but to pretend like we could compete year in and year out (or even one year) with P5 NIL money is silly. The reality is that if we're successful, we're going to consistently be looking for an up-and-coming coach who can build a team from his former school and from the transfer portal. That's our recipe for success in this era of college ball.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post (total 3):
ChowderAggieJefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)JSHarvey

aggie4L

Post by aggie4L » March 12th, 2024, 5:15 pm

Do we need more in NIL? Yes
Is djjefferyb an inside source? No

JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Post by JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) » March 12th, 2024, 5:22 pm

Aggies1888 wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:50 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:45 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:

He appears to be 1) a DJ and 2) a roofing inspector
I am a former Aggie Athlete, ASUSU Activities VP, and USU Graduate with a BA in Marketing and Business Administration from USU. As a lifelong resident of Cache Valley, DJing for Utahs VFX and performing at world class venues, Utah State has always been my home, coursing through my veins, and an active part of my life. Concurrently I am one of the leading Insurance Claims Specialist and lowly "roofing inspector". A a result of my unique and expansive network, specifically Aggie Alumnus, I will always be tireless in my efforts to facilitate the support of USU, especially our athletics.
These users thanked the author JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) for the post (total 5):
Aggies1888greggers1868CacheCowvegasaggieMetsJetsAggies

JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Post by JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) » March 12th, 2024, 5:25 pm

aggie4L wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 5:15 pm
Do we need more in NIL? Yes
Is djjefferyb an inside source? No
I made every effort to convey my point and motivation about USU Athletics... not about me.
These users thanked the author JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB) for the post:
bigblue32

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » March 12th, 2024, 5:42 pm

AgMac wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 5:13 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 4:58 pm

Yeah, I'm not saying we shouldn't try to have an NIL presence, but to pretend like we could compete year in and year out (or even one year) with P5 NIL money is silly. The reality is that if we're successful, we're going to consistently be looking for an up-and-coming coach who can build a team from his former school and from the transfer portal. That's our recipe for success in this era of college ball.
Two things can be true: 1) we can't compete with the top P5 NIL pools; and 2) our admin has been dragging it's feet on NIL efforts and is unorganized. Had it had it's act together earlier on the NIL end, we could have a larger NIL pool now to either help entice Sprinkle to sign an extension or use as a selling point to help attract quality candidates.

If Sprinkle was promised NIL would increase when he was hired (I have no idea if it was, this is a hypo), and that hasn't happened or efforts haven't been made and now we are going to him asking him to sign an extension and again promising to increase NIL if he signs, why would he believe the admin NIL will change?

Even if NIL increase wasn't promised, he can certainly see the appeal of going to a school with a large NIL pool.
These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post:
JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 12th, 2024, 6:01 pm

One small detail that keeps getting lost in this mess. NILs are not run or organized by the AD or the University admin. They are wholly separate and run by boosters and those with a rooting interest in a particular University. As it exists now, donor-fueled NIL collectives must run independently and anyone associated with an official athletic department may not be a board member or control any financial aspect of a collective.

A school can't make a promise about NIL funding to a coach as part of a contract when they have ZERO control over it. The governing board of the collective could make some "promises" to a coach but again, they would be basing it on pure speculation and future pledged donations - not exactly concrete money in the bank.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
JSHarvey

utaggies

Post by utaggies » March 12th, 2024, 6:48 pm

Aglicious wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 6:01 pm
One small detail that keeps getting lost in this mess. NILs are not run or organized by the AD or the University admin. They are wholly separate and run by boosters and those with a rooting interest in a particular University. As it exists now, donor-fueled NIL collectives must run independently and anyone associated with an official athletic department may not be a board member or control any financial aspect of a collective.

A school can't make a promise about NIL funding to a coach as part of a contract when they have ZERO control over it. The governing board of the collective could make some "promises" to a coach but again, they would be basing it on pure speculation and future pledged donations - not exactly concrete money in the bank.
The notion that schools operate independent of NIL cooperatives is simply fiction. While it technically is true that the cooperatives are not run by the schools there is constant communication between the two. A coach says that he would like player A and the cooperative does its level best to deliver. Schools can inform athletes about NIL opportunities and collaborate with cooperatives. Schools may provide tickets and suites to cooperatives but those assets cannot be used as enticements for others to fund the activities of the cooperative (😂😂😂).

These two interests most certainly do not operate in a vacuum.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 12th, 2024, 7:00 pm

This DJJEFFERYB communicates like an artificial intelligence that has become totally sentient.

But he (it?) is right. Start ponying up for the NIL ya’ll!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
LarryTheAggieGaryTakeTheWheel

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 12th, 2024, 7:23 pm

Jeff Baird is a cover. He’s DJ Jazzy Jeff. He and De Niro have been closet Aggies for years.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 12th, 2024, 7:48 pm

Hoot wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 7:23 pm
Jeff Baird is a cover. He’s DJ Jazzy Jeff. He and De Niro have been closet Aggies for years.
I'm looking forward to catching him at USANA in July with Paula Abdul and New Kids on the Block.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Hoot

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 12th, 2024, 11:33 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:50 pm
Stick with us Sprink. We can grow it together.
DJ Jazzy Jeff here can't be Danny. There was not a single word emphasized by use of quotation marks.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » March 13th, 2024, 4:16 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 9th, 2024, 9:44 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:I posted this in the other thread, but I heard it’s $2M with incentives on top of that.

I'd donate to NIL if I didn't think the coach and players would just leave next year anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we pile up good NIL money and he leaves, then we are in good position to get a great new coach. And maybe Sprinkle stays, and eventually opens his own Bar. :cheers:

bpd

Post by bpd » March 13th, 2024, 5:53 pm

ViAggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 12:30 pm
I'm glad you guys brought up the NIL... as I said in the original thread, I THINK THAT you'll likely hear some exciting news this week. Hope I'm correct, I could be wrong on this one.

But I wont be :stirpot:
You sure?
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
JefferyBaird(DJJEFFERYB)

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » March 16th, 2024, 2:52 pm

So no updates on the contract extension?

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » March 16th, 2024, 3:03 pm

ChowderAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2024, 2:52 pm
So no updates on the contract extension?
I think it has become pretty obvious, if he hasnt signed the extension, he aint coming back, that seemed to be cemented in the way he managed the game last night, did not seem to care one bit, ending the game with three timeouts that could have been used to stop sdsu runs, calm down team, set up a couple offensive plays. I guess money changes people thought right?? I guess he feels he dont owe no rent any more??
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post:
ChowderAggie

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic