Staying or Leaving Poll

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Does Sprinkle stay?

Poll ended at March 20th, 2024, 1:24 pm

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 195

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Re: Staying or Leaving Poll

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 10th, 2024, 9:27 pm

I'm pessimistic, but I say 30/70 he stays. That's up from like 10/90 before hearing about how competitive the extension offer is.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » March 10th, 2024, 9:42 pm

I just keep thinking that the grass isn't always greener. He can take the team with him, have more NIL and charters, but the Spectrum and the HURD stay at Utah State. That type of culture and environment takes a lot more time and effort to build up, if it ever happens. While a program does need investment to win, it's not as much as football and the tournament is the great equalizer.

We talk about ego leading coaches and players to the bigger conferences. I can see it more for players since they have a defined eligibility window. I think the ultimate ego accomplishment for a coach should be taking a program with sufficient resources and building it into a power and attracting the resources, becoming a legend, rather than chasing the resources. It takes more work and a little patience.

If I were Washington or any other deep pocket school, I would have a little pause about Coach Sprinkle. The team easily could have lost to Akron, Santa Clara, San Francisco, @ UNLV, @ Boise, SDSU at home, @ Fresno, and New Mexico at home. The season has been a great accomplishment, especially relative to expectations, but our team hasn't exactly been dominant. If we're 18-13 this isn't even a discussion. It might not be one if we're 22-9. Maybe he feels he has to strike while the iron is hot, but if that's the case he always had one foot out the door anyway.

Lastly, I don't really buy any of the lifestyle arguments. Basketball coaches are very busy people. It might be nice to have bars and more of a nightlife, but the presence of those can also be more of a distraction for a team. If those are any type of factor, I think it's more of an excuse and this is similar to Odom. I don't get that from Sprinkle.
These users thanked the author Zaggie07 for the post (total 5):
Aggie84025LarryTheAggiejazzdog56466vegasaggieMetsJetsAggies

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » March 10th, 2024, 9:43 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 7:43 pm
Guys, Sprinkle is gone.
Troll. 🤣😉
Last edited by AggieIceCream05 on March 10th, 2024, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » March 10th, 2024, 9:47 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 8:58 pm
Zaggie07 wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 8:47 pm
Perhaps if we sweeten the contract extension with a blue laser pointer he will consider staying?
Didn't work for the last guys...
But it might work for Sprinkle...

These users thanked the author Zaggie07 for the post:
AndroidAggie

jazzdog56466

Post by jazzdog56466 » March 10th, 2024, 9:55 pm

Zaggie07 wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:42 pm
I just keep thinking that the grass isn't always greener. He can take the team with him, have more NIL and charters, but the Spectrum and the HURD stay at Utah State. That type of culture and environment takes a lot more time and effort to build up, if it ever happens. While a program does need investment to win, it's not as much as football and the tournament is the great equalizer.

We talk about ego leading coaches and players to the bigger conferences. I can see it more for players since they have a defined eligibility window. I think the ultimate ego accomplishment for a coach should be taking a program with sufficient resources and building it into a power and attracting the resources, becoming a legend, rather than chasing the resources. It takes more work and a little patience.

If I were Washington or any other deep pocket school, I would have a little pause about Coach Sprinkle. The team easily could have lost to Akron, Santa Clara, San Francisco, @ UNLV, @ Boise, SDSU at home, @ Fresno, and New Mexico at home. The season has been a great accomplishment, especially relative to expectations, but our team hasn't exactly been dominant. If we're 18-13 this isn't even a discussion. It might not be one if we're 22-9. Maybe he feels he has to strike while the iron is hot, but if that's the case he always had one foot out the door anyway.

Lastly, I don't really buy any of the lifestyle arguments. Basketball coaches are very busy people. It might be nice to have bars and more of a nightlife, but the presence of those can also be more of a distraction for a team. If those are any type of factor, I think it's more of an excuse and this is similar to Odom. I don't get that from Sprinkle.

You are my spirit animal
These users thanked the author jazzdog56466 for the post:
Zaggie07

bpd

Post by bpd » March 10th, 2024, 9:56 pm

Turtle wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 4:53 pm
I'm hearing optimistic things at least as things are right now. Don't expect a signed contract soon, though..
Everyone should be asking: If he was staying, why not sign?

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » March 10th, 2024, 10:00 pm

This thread is amazing! Everyone knows everything and nothing all at the same time! 🤣🤣🤣 Because no one actually knows anything, why not hope that he stays? Are you protecting yourself from getting hurt?
These users thanked the author AggieIceCream05 for the post (total 2):
LarryTheAggieReal Life Aggie

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 10th, 2024, 10:13 pm

AggieIceCream05 wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:00 pm
This thread is amazing! Everyone knows everything and nothing all at the same time! 🤣🤣🤣 Because no one actually knows anything, why not hope that he stays? Are you protecting yourself from getting hurt?
This is the aggie way ;)
These users thanked the author MrBiggle for the post:
AggieIceCream05

Where only sage brush grows

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:17 pm

bpd wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:56 pm
Turtle wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 4:53 pm
I'm hearing optimistic things at least as things are right now. Don't expect a signed contract soon, though..
Everyone should be asking: If he was staying, why not sign?
Never sign without negotiating.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » March 10th, 2024, 10:20 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:13 pm
AggieIceCream05 wrote:
This is the aggie way ;)
We not only need to open our wallets, but must open our hearts and allow “hope” to reside within. Namaste 🙏🏼 ❤️

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 11th, 2024, 1:25 am

Zaggie07 wrote:

100%

It was a great accomplishment to do what Sprinkle did, build a new roster basically from scratch minus Falslev, Johnson, Sahko and Templin, win the MW regular season title in a very competitive year, it’s all great. But realistically there is not much difference between this team and the Odom teams, or the Smith teams. All 3 were able to build very competitive rosters, they had good KenPom numbers and Net ratings, that’s where we are as a program…it’s a baseline for any competent coach to achieve.

If Washington thinks Sprinkle is that great, awesome for Sprinkle. I’m not sure why a school with supposedly so much money isn’t going after a more successful high major coach at a school with less resources (Otzelberger at ISU, Shaka Smart, McCasland at TT, Wazzu coach maybe, hell even Pope). I really don’t see how they will be any different from Utah since Smith got there, which is decent but either borderline tourney team or not a tourney team.

We can wish Sprinkle the best, I assume multiple players will follow him, others may transfer out, but the coaches who are successful at Utah State are the beneficiaries of the symbiotic relationship at the school more than the usual HC (likely true in football too).

Oh well, more money for us
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post (total 2):
Zaggie07FloridaAggie13

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 11th, 2024, 6:04 am

AggieIceCream05 wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:20 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:13 pm
AggieIceCream05 wrote:
This is the aggie way ;)
We not only need to open our wallets, but must open our hearts and allow “hope” to reside within. Namaste 🙏🏼 ❤️
:lol:

Where only sage brush grows

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 11th, 2024, 9:17 am

I don't find this important enough to worry about at this point in the season. As long as it isn't a distraction for the tournaments, I don't really care.

The reality is that Washington, or any of the big boys for that matter, will get what they want. There isn't an offer we can give that will change that. We have known this to be the case for decades. We have also seen good coaches come in and have immediate success. With the increased philanthropy of our fanbase, we should be fine moving forward. That shouldn't be attached to Sprinkle, it should be attached to creating a competitive program, which we have.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » March 11th, 2024, 9:36 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 1:25 am
Zaggie07 wrote:

100%

It was a great accomplishment to do what Sprinkle did, build a new roster basically from scratch minus Falslev, Johnson, Sahko and Templin, win the MW regular season title in a very competitive year, it’s all great. But realistically there is not much difference between this team and the Odom teams, or the Smith teams. All 3 were able to build very competitive rosters, they had good KenPom numbers and Net ratings, that’s where we are as a program…it’s a baseline for any competent coach to achieve.

If Washington thinks Sprinkle is that great, awesome for Sprinkle. I’m not sure why a school with supposedly so much money isn’t going after a more successful high major coach at a school with less resources (Otzelberger at ISU, Shaka Smart, McCasland at TT, Wazzu coach maybe, hell even Pope). I really don’t see how they will be any different from Utah since Smith got there, which is decent but either borderline tourney team or not a tourney team.

We can wish Sprinkle the best, I assume multiple players will follow him, others may transfer out, but the coaches who are successful at Utah State are the beneficiaries of the symbiotic relationship at the school more than the usual HC (likely true in football too).

This. The more successful coaches that move on, the more I believe it’s due to tradition than a single man or luck.

Let’s just keep rolling.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 11th, 2024, 9:40 am

All of us are experienced enough in this that we should cycle through the stages of grief quickly. I'm in acceptance mode. UW is likely offering 3.5-4 MM a year. They are building a brand new 60 MM practice facility and are overflowing with NIL funds. They will be playing in an elite basketball conference.

I would love it and be surprised if Sprinkle stays, but it's really hard to turn all that down. If he leaves, I'm confident in our ability to offer someone good to come and maintain success.

My only audacious ask is that Sprinkle wins a tourney game on his way out. If he does that, I will harbor no bitterness.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 3):
Aggie84025Usu0505MetsJetsAggies

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 11th, 2024, 10:02 am

Usu0505 wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 9:36 am
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 1:25 am
Zaggie07 wrote:

100%

Whenever USU ran a good search we have hit with solid hires. Started with Stew and then also with Smith, Odom and Sprinkle. Duryea is an awesome assistant coach but a very mediocre head coach and that was just an overall super lazy hire by Barnes. If USU needs a new coach and does a solid search they will get a very good coach with ample prior head coaching experience.
This. The more successful coaches that move on, the more I believe it’s due to tradition than a single man or luck.

Let’s just keep rolling.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 11th, 2024, 10:14 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:05 pm
No one here is saying USU is a better job than Washington
It depends on how you look at it.

If you're a massive competitor with a big ego, no doubt, Washington is the better job.

If you're still a competitor but recognize the limitations of Washington and want a more stable job, you wait at least another year for a better opportunity especially with the roster you have returning, the conference you're playing in, the counter offer you've been given and the success you had in 2024.

If you're just looking for long term stability and love Logan, then you stay in Logan indefinitely.

It's not difficult to understand. Simply because there is 3-4MM on the table doesn't mean you take it. I understand that it's a lot of money but so is similar money in a stable job next year. I argue that Washington will be damn near the dregs of the big 10. I don't think I'm far off. If we were talking Arizona or UCLA it's a different story.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
Aggie84025

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » March 11th, 2024, 10:52 am

I voted gone. While I'm sure it's probably happened a couple times, I can't think of any examples where national media guys were saying a P5 school was locked in on a candidate and the non-P5 candidate coach elected to stay.

At this point, I think the only way he stays is if we go on a deep tournament run - maybe sweet 16 but would probably need elite 8. It would be hard to walk away from a team that advanced that far and was bringing the core back (similar to Porter Moser at Loyala a few years ago, or Dusty May at FAU last year). Of course, Loyola lost Moser a couple years later, and rumor is May is going to end up at Ohio St this year. But at least we'd get another year of Sprinkle and this core to run it back.

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » March 11th, 2024, 11:06 am

Aggie702 wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 10:52 am
I voted gone. While I'm sure it's probably happened a couple times, I can't think of any examples where national media guys were saying a P5 school was locked in on a candidate and the non-P5 candidate coach elected to stay.

At this point, I think the only way he stays is if we go on a deep tournament run - maybe sweet 16 but would probably need elite 8. It would be hard to walk away from a team that advanced that far and was bringing the core back (similar to Porter Moser at Loyala a few years ago, or Dusty May at FAU last year). Of course, Loyola lost Moser a couple years later, and rumor is May is going to end up at Ohio St this year. But at least we'd get another year of Sprinkle and this core to run it back.
Or.....he'd just take this core to Washington with him, but I like the optimism.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 11th, 2024, 11:35 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 10:14 am
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 9:05 pm
No one here is saying USU is a better job than Washington
It depends on how you look at it.

If you're a massive competitor with a big ego, no doubt, Washington is the better job.

If you're still a competitor but recognize the limitations of Washington and want a more stable job, you wait at least another year for a better opportunity especially with the roster you have returning, the conference you're playing in, the counter offer you've been given and the success you had in 2024.

If you're just looking for long term stability and love Logan, then you stay in Logan indefinitely.

It's not difficult to understand. Simply because there is 3-4MM on the table doesn't mean you take it. I understand that it's a lot of money but so is similar money in a stable job next year. I argue that Washington will be damn near the dregs of the big 10. I don't think I'm far off. If we were talking Arizona or UCLA it's a different story.
It’s pretty hard to turn down a job offering 1.5-2+ mil more a year guaranteed over 5-7+ years. I think USU is a better program right now than Washington, while they have the resources to have a higher ceiling but also a lower floor competing against tons of insanely well funded programs, good coaches and tons of NIL money.

USU is great because it has so many things going for it that money can’t buy. I think coaches who leave and their new schools will eventually figure that out
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionZaggie07

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » March 11th, 2024, 11:59 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 9:17 am
I don't find this important enough to worry about at this point in the season. As long as it isn't a distraction for the tournaments, I don't really care.

The reality is that Washington, or any of the big boys for that matter, will get what they want. There isn't an offer we can give that will change that. We have known this to be the case for decades. We have also seen good coaches come in and have immediate success. With the increased philanthropy of our fanbase, we should be fine moving forward. That shouldn't be attached to Sprinkle, it should be attached to creating a competitive program, which we have.
I don't think that this is entirely true. We are probably never going to be able to match P5 offers, admittedly. But I feel like the calculus becomes a lot different once we can offer coaches around $2M per year (as we supposedly offered Sprinkle). An $800k salary is definitely very nice, but once you subtract taxes and other expenses and consider the fact that many coaches only last 4-5 years, it's not a salary that guarantees a comfortable living for the rest of your life. But a 5-year contract at $2 million per year means you are set for life even if you fail. And maybe I can't comprehend the life of the ultra-wealthy, but I feel like once you are earning $2 million per year, raising that to $3-$4 million per year isn't going to drastically improve your quality of life. Sure if Kansas wants USU's coach, they are almost certainly going to get them. But I feel like we will be far less likely to lose coaches to low/mid-tier P6 programs if we can pay coaches $2 million and give them the resources to succeed.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 11th, 2024, 12:01 pm

Danny Sprinkle is great. I hope he stays. If not, then I will cheer for his team wherever he ends up.

If he decides to leave, I hope that he doesn't settle for Washington. Aside from the in-state rivalry piece, it was disappointing that Craig Smith followed the $ to a middling PAC-12 team with no fan support. Don't let Danny do the same.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » March 11th, 2024, 12:19 pm

TrueBlue wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 11:06 am
Aggie702 wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 10:52 am

Or.....he'd just take this core to Washington with him, but I like the optimism.
Oh for sure, that would still be a the very likely outcome, and a deep run makes him even more attractive. However, at least there is some precedent for a coach staying after a deep run. Whereas, if we get bounced in the first round it wouldn't even make the decision hard for Danny.

ColoAg
Has thanked: 0

Post by ColoAg » March 11th, 2024, 12:46 pm

Danny Sprinkle has a lot to consider before taking the Washington job. It's true that he gets a big raise. However, there is no way that UW offers a first year coach more than $3.5M-$4M. With the much higher cost of living in Seattle, This will eat away a substantial amount of the increase from the new USU contract being offered. Also, UW is a total football school. Sprinkle will be giving up one of the great home courts in the country and great fans for a place that has a dead arena and not a lot of fan support. This is no different than what Craig Smith inherited at Utah. Likewise, the far left Woke culture of Seattle seems very different than the Montana culture that Sprinkle loves. Is he really going to enjoy Seattle where a lot of crime gets ignored, urban camping is allowed with it's many problems of open drug use, poop on the sidewalks, etc.

With what looks to be a great contract offer from USU along with our upward trajectory in the MWC, our program now offers a lot to coach. Also, the MWC is now close to being a High-Major conference as opposed to mid-major. Danny Sprinkle certainly has a lot to consider. If he leaves for perceived greener pastures, he will certainly be leaving a lot behind at USU.
These users thanked the author ColoAg for the post (total 2):
Section_L_Aggiecval

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 11th, 2024, 12:56 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 12:01 pm
Danny Sprinkle is great. I hope he stays. If not, then I will cheer for his team wherever he ends up.

If he decides to leave, I hope that he doesn't settle for Washington. Aside from the in-state rivalry piece, it was disappointing that Craig Smith followed the $ to a middling PAC-12 team with no fan support. Don't let Danny do the same.
It's called karma in this case. Just as it was karma that Gary Andersen went to Wisconsin. You may say, but but but, Gary grabbed a ton of cash. Yes. However look at how picking a bad job ruined his career for the long term. Is he hurting now because of it? No. But he's not a head coach with a winning reputation and a legend either. Those two things are worth some money. Coach Smith will not fall as hard but his days of being a head coach are numbered

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » March 11th, 2024, 12:56 pm

Out side of Utah State I dont really follow coaching changes. How often do power 5 coaches leave for other jobs? To me it seems at that level coaches either get fired or stay put long term. Does that factor into a decision to go to a place like Washington if its not be where Sprinkle would want to be long term. Or maybe its the exact place he wants to be long term i have no idea what he wants.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 11th, 2024, 12:57 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 12:56 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:

It's called karma in this case. Just as it was karma that Gary Andersen went to Wisconsin. You may say, but but but, Gary grabbed a ton of cash. Yes. However look at how picking a bad job ruined his career for the long term. Is he hurting now because of it? No. But he's not a head coach with a winning reputation and a legend either. Those two things are worth some money. Coach Smith will not fall as hard but his days of being a head coach are numbered
Former HCs at USU have not had much on field/court success as they've moved on recently: Football and basketball included.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 11th, 2024, 12:59 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 12:57 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 12:56 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:

Former HCs at USU have not had much on field/court success as they've moved on recently: Football and basketball included.
When was the last one that picked a more stable program. Wisconsin? Nope. Barry Alvarez was still the boss there. I can't think of one. Every coach has taken jobs that are revolving doors because it's so difficult to win there consistently.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 11th, 2024, 1:09 pm

Before anyone jumps on my case, I'm just saying that Utah State coaches should strike while the iron is red hot not white the iron is just getting hot. Why? You can jump from Utah State to a basketball school that wins not to a revolving door. That is if they're a little more patient, calculated and are young in their career like Sprinkle.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
MrBiggle

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 11th, 2024, 1:20 pm

Porter Moser leaving Oklahoma to go to Depaul. I know he’s an Illinois guy formerly of Loyola Illinois but this seems like an interesting move.

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » March 11th, 2024, 1:23 pm

ColoAg wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 12:46 pm
With the much higher cost of living in Seattle, This will eat away a substantial amount of the increase from the new USU contract being offered.
There it is again, the cost of living argument….

So if Danny wants to invest $1million/year in an S&P 500 fund, buy a $5 million ranch in Montana, take his parents on multiple lavish vacations around the world, invest in or donate to other endeavors, can you help me understand why that will cost substantially more if he’s living in Seattle?

What if Sprinkle has a couple of sub .500 seasons at USU, how many fans would want to move on? Not a lot of job security in head coaching.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 11th, 2024, 2:48 pm

Pacobag wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 1:23 pm
ColoAg wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 12:46 pm
With the much higher cost of living in Seattle, This will eat away a substantial amount of the increase from the new USU contract being offered.
There it is again, the cost of living argument….

So if Danny wants to invest $1million/year in an S&P 500 fund, buy a $5 million ranch in Montana, take his parents on multiple lavish vacations around the world, invest in or donate to other endeavors, can you help me understand why that will cost substantially more if he’s living in Seattle?

What if Sprinkle has a couple of sub .500 seasons at USU, how many fans would want to move on? Not a lot of job security in head coaching.
I could live on 3.5-4 MM a year in Seattle + a car allowance + free food.. but it would take VERY careful budgeting.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 2):
PacobagUSU78

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » March 11th, 2024, 3:04 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:No one here is saying USU is a better job than Washington, but I don’t think It’s worth leaving for if his aspirations are bigger. Feels like a dead end and not a spot he can win a natty at. Plus the travel is going to be pretty crappy
Agreed. If he goes to Washington he will be on the hot seat in year 3 and fired the following year. Then what? You’re done. No where to go now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
AggieFBObsession

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » March 11th, 2024, 3:07 pm

Dutcher signed his contract extension before the MW and NCAA tourney, and took a massive distraction off the table.

If Sprinkle were staying, he wouldn’t he do the same?

I’m just hoping 74% of you see something I don’t.
These users thanked the author ChowderAggie for the post:
JFWAggie

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » March 11th, 2024, 3:14 pm

ChowderAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 3:07 pm
Dutcher signed his contract extension before the MW and NCAA tourney, and took a massive distraction off the table.

If Sprinkle were staying, he wouldn’t he do the same?

I’m just hoping 74% of you see something I don’t.
Apples and Oranges, based on timing alone.
when did Dutcher get his new contract to review and counter and re-review and sign? All we know is he signed on Thursday last week.

When did Sprinkle get his new contract to review and counter an re-review and sign? All we know is the contract was first given to him on Friday, the night before a key game for clinching the undisputed regular season conference championship.
I hope he wouldn't have spent Saturday reviewing and preparing a counter -and it seems they were locked into beating UNM that day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic