SAMFORD & RYLAN JONES MADE IT!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
spud

SAMFORD & RYLAN JONES MADE IT!

Post by spud » March 11th, 2024, 7:43 pm

Played East Tennessee State in the championship game. Rylan had a nice game. Would be fun to play them in the tournament.
These users thanked the author spud for the post (total 3):
StanfordAggieSection_L_AggieAggieArmy

aggieohio
Has thanked: 0

Re: SAMFORD & RYLAN JONES MADE IT!

Post by aggieohio » March 11th, 2024, 7:52 pm

Hey so just wanna make sure but we as a message board love Rylan because he transferred down but hate ashworth because he transferred up? Lmfao
These users thanked the author aggieohio for the post:
Real Life Aggie

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » March 11th, 2024, 7:54 pm

aggieohio wrote:Hey so just wanna make sure but we as a message board love Rylan because he transferred down but hate ashworth because he transferred up? Lmfao
USU said he was done due to concussions. Totally different situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post (total 3):
Aggie in Boiseaggies22MetsJetsAggies

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 11th, 2024, 7:55 pm

aggieohio wrote:Hey so just wanna make sure but we as a message board love Rylan because he transferred down but hate ashworth because he transferred up? Lmfao
He was no longer medically eligible to play at utah state. Samford reached a different conclusion on their medical review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22MetsJetsAggies

aggieohio

Post by aggieohio » March 11th, 2024, 7:57 pm

So just to be clear but we would feel the same about Rylan and Steven if Rylan just transferred because he wasn’t getting playing time?

aggieohio

Post by aggieohio » March 11th, 2024, 7:59 pm

My ultimate point being that if we can feel good about one person leaving we can feel good about another. It’s not like Steven slandered USU on the way out

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 11th, 2024, 8:01 pm

aggieohio wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 7:57 pm
So just to be clear but we would feel the same about Rylan and Steven if Rylan just transferred because he wasn’t getting playing time?
Our egos are very fragile, like the precious flowers we are. If we rejected a player (medical or lack of playing time), we'll cheer for him and like him (e.g., Rylan, Szymon, McBuckets). If he rejected us by transferring when he would have gotten playing time, he'll be forever mocked (e.g., Steven, McEwen, Rollie).

It's a power and control thing.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 3):
flying_scotsman2.0gomretattrevordude

spud

Post by spud » March 11th, 2024, 8:05 pm

Actually I still wish Ashworth nothing but the best.
These users thanked the author spud for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13Aggie in Boise

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 11th, 2024, 8:05 pm

aggieohio wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 7:52 pm
Hey so just wanna make sure but we as a message board love Rylan because he transferred down but hate ashworth because he transferred up? Lmfao
Due to concussions, Rylan was told thank you but no thank you at the end of last year. He wasn't given a choice.

aggieohio

Post by aggieohio » March 11th, 2024, 8:06 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 8:01 pm
aggieohio wrote:
Our egos are very fragile, like the precious flowers we are. If we rejected a player (medical or lack of playing time), we'll cheer for him and like him (e.g., Rylan, Szymon, McBuckets). If he rejected us by transferring when he would have gotten playing time, he'll be forever mocked (e.g., Steven, McEwen, Rollie).

Fair. All I’m saying is we are acting like the hot girlfriend/boyfriend that thinks they can’t do better than their significant other. Like jeez we can do better than anyone that leaves us so let’s act like we can. We have the best Aggie team in the last 5-7 years?? And people still complain about a kid that left to go to creighton to average 11 a game.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 11th, 2024, 8:11 pm

aggieohio wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 8:06 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
aggieohio wrote:

Fair. All I’m saying is we are acting like the hot girlfriend/boyfriend that thinks they can’t do better than their significant other. Like jeez we can do better than anyone that leaves us so let’s act like we can. We have the best Aggie team in the last 5-7 years?? And people still complain about a kid that left to go to creighton to average 11 a game.
Most of us don't care enough to follow the adventures of a player who leaves. I'd guess it is a vocal minority who begrudge Ashworth for taking the $$ and going to Creighton; I probably would have done the same.

Rylan was a baller (so was Ashworth) who had a run of concussions and if he wanted to keep playing he had to go elsewhere as USU wasn't going to take the risk on him anymore. Rylan is also a key reason Falslev transferred to USU after decommitting from Utah.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 4):
flying_scotsman2.0MrBiggleSweepDanceAggie in Boise

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 11th, 2024, 8:49 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
aggieohio wrote:

I’m cool with Ashworth. Wish he would’ve stayed, but best of luck to him. McEwen is made fun of mostly for his aspiration to become the greatest Aggie of all time. As for Rollie, anyone who transfers to an instate rival deserves to get crap, like Collette or Davis. And anyone who transfers from a rival to us will be praised forever, like Falslev.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 4):
MrBiggleReal Life Aggie3rdGenAggieAggie in Boise

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 11th, 2024, 9:04 pm

aggieohio wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 7:59 pm
My ultimate point being that if we can feel good about one person leaving we can feel good about another. It’s not like Steven slandered USU on the way out
I think most people want him to do well. I don’t blame him for leaving at all. I wouldn’t have blamed him even if Odom stayed, though it would have been less understandable.
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
gomretat

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 11th, 2024, 10:08 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 8:49 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
aggieohio wrote:

I’m cool with Ashworth. Wish he would’ve stayed, but best of luck to him. McEwen is made fun of mostly for his aspiration to become the greatest Aggie of all time. As for Rollie, anyone who transfers to an instate rival deserves to get crap, like Collette or Davis. And anyone who transfers from a rival to us will be praised forever, like Falslev.
Eh, let's not group Rollie, Davis, and Collette into quite the same grouping. I think we can all agree that Collette is the worst and deserves a separate sort of despisement. It's one thing to leave the team. It's a whole damn other deal to leave at such a terrible time, leaving the team high and dry.

Rollie and Davis left for an in-state rival, but they did it in the off-season. One followed a coach and one took the transfer year off specifically for surgery on his leg. Despise their choices, but at least they weren't terrible human beings about it.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 2):
AggieArmyaggieguy13

spud

Post by spud » March 11th, 2024, 10:15 pm

Speaking of Rollie, what was his injury that has kept him out so long?

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 11th, 2024, 10:28 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 10:08 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 8:49 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
aggieohio wrote:

Eh, let's not group Rollie, Davis, and Collette into quite the same grouping. I think we can all agree that Collette is the worst and deserves a separate sort of despisement. It's one thing to leave the team. It's a whole damn other deal to leave at such a terrible time, leaving the team high and dry.

Rollie and Davis left for an in-state rival, but they did it in the off-season. One followed a coach and one took the transfer year off specifically for surgery on his leg. Despise their choices, but at least they weren't terrible human beings about it.
That’s true, Collette left nasty. He was definitely the worst.

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » March 11th, 2024, 10:55 pm

spud wrote:
March 11th, 2024, 8:05 pm
Actually I still wish Ashworth nothing but the best.
Unless the Aggies meet up with Creighton in the tournament of course. 😉

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » March 12th, 2024, 7:49 am

aggieohio wrote:
I think most of us totally understand why SA left and wish the best for him, or at least don't hate the guy. But Rylan is completely different, you should know that.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 12th, 2024, 8:05 am

SaintAggie wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 7:49 am
aggieohio wrote:
I think most of us totally understand why SA left and wish the best for him, or at least don't hate the guy. But Rylan is completely different, you should know that.
Rylan Jones also played a big part in getting Falslev too. I'm stoked for Rylan.

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » March 12th, 2024, 8:45 am

These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 12th, 2024, 9:57 am

Happy for Rylan, he leaves it all on the court.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
trevordude

Stockypoo2212

Post by Stockypoo2212 » March 13th, 2024, 3:11 pm

max shulga played a perfect game today. did not miss and had 7 boards with 4 assists. I would love to play them in the first round

jazzdog56466

Post by jazzdog56466 » March 13th, 2024, 6:34 pm

Stockypoo2212 wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 3:11 pm
max shulga played a perfect game today. did not miss and had 7 boards with 4 assists. I would love to play them in the first round
I would much rather they miss the tournament.
These users thanked the author jazzdog56466 for the post (total 3):
SectionBAggieLarryTheAggieFloridaAggie13

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » March 13th, 2024, 7:02 pm

jazzdog56466 wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 6:34 pm
Stockypoo2212 wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 3:11 pm
I would much rather they miss the tournament.
I’m glad that he played well. They really needed it to beat fordham who is *checks notes* 13-20.
These users thanked the author Bullnamed_gus for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13MrBiggle

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic