NAR: #AMERICANPOW6R

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Full

NAR: #AMERICANPOW6R

Post by Full » March 16th, 2024, 11:54 am

AAC fans reported buts in the seat attendance of 37 for the Temple-Charlotte quarter final.

Everyone is not a Lobo, and I don’t ever want to hear S D clap, clap S U clap clap after another game. Being annoyed is much better than no atmosphere at all.

StanfordAggie

Re: NAR: #AMERICANPOW6R

Post by StanfordAggie » March 16th, 2024, 12:41 pm

You know, this is another understated benefit of a geographical conference consisting of peer schools. Vegas is an easy trip for basically all MWC members, and it's a destination city with plenty to do. There's no good place to host a conference tournament when your conference is a geographic monstrosity spanning multiple time zones. That said, I would have thought that it was obvious that Orlando would be a better option than Fort Worth even if UCF is no longer in the conference.
These users thanked the author StanfordAggie for the post:
ProvoAggie

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 16th, 2024, 1:03 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2024, 12:41 pm
You know, this is another understated benefit of a geographical conference consisting of peer schools. Vegas is an easy trip for basically all MWC members, and it's a destination city with plenty to do. There's no good place to host a conference tournament when your conference is a geographic monstrosity spanning multiple time zones. That said, I would have thought that it was obvious that Orlando would be a better option than Fort Worth even if UCF is no longer in the conference.
Orlando is an armpit.

My humble opinion of course.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 16th, 2024, 1:08 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 16th, 2024, 1:03 pm
StanfordAggie wrote:
You know, this is another understated benefit of a geographical conference consisting of peer schools. Vegas is an easy trip for basically all MWC members, and it's a destination ;) city ;) with plenty to do. There's no good place to host a conference tournament when your conference is a geographic monstrosity spanning multiple time zones. That said, I would have thought that it was obvious that Orlando would be a better option than Fort Worth even if UCF is no longer in the conference.
Orlando is an armpit.

I see your Orlando and I raise you one Boise. ;)
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
FloridaAggie13

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 16th, 2024, 1:10 pm

Hoot wrote:
March 16th, 2024, 1:08 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
You know, this is another understated benefit of a geographical conference consisting of peer schools. Vegas is an easy trip for basically all MWC members, and it's a destination ;) city ;) with plenty to do. There's no good place to host a conference tournament when your conference is a geographic monstrosity spanning multiple time zones. That said, I would have thought that it was obvious that Orlando would be a better option than Fort Worth even if UCF is no longer in the conference.
Orlando is an armpit.

I see your Boise and, going all in, raise you a Miami. Call.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » March 16th, 2024, 1:10 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
Orlando is an armpit.

If I'm trying to convince my wife (who is not a big basketball fan) to come on a trip with me to a conference tournament, Vegas or Orlando would be easier to sell than Fort Worth. Just saying.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 16th, 2024, 1:13 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 16th, 2024, 1:10 pm
Hoot wrote:
March 16th, 2024, 1:08 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
Orlando is an armpit.

I see your Boise and, going all in, raise you a Miami. Call.
I see your Miami and I raise you a Johannesburg.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 16th, 2024, 1:17 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2024, 1:10 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
Orlando is an armpit.

If I'm trying to convince my wife (who is not a big basketball fan) to come on a trip with me to a conference tournament, Vegas or Orlando would be easier to sell than Fort Worth. Just saying.
Agreed.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 16th, 2024, 3:09 pm

I wonder how many conference tournaments would just be better off in Vegas. With the Pac12 leaving T-Mobile it’s possible another conference like the Big 10 or Big 12 at least consider it

It’s not close but flights are cheap and people want to go to Vegas

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 16th, 2024, 3:18 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:I wonder how many conference tournaments would just be better off in Vegas. With the Pac12 leaving T-Mobile it’s possible another conference like the Big 10 or Big 12 at least consider it

It’s not close but flights are cheap and people want to go to Vegas
There was some speculation that the Big 12 might consider it but they just renewed with Kansas City until 2031. I don't see anyone else moving to Vegas for now.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
stwinward

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 16th, 2024, 3:19 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
Orlando is an armpit.

My wife would concur with this statement.

Eutaw St. Aggie

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » March 16th, 2024, 6:24 pm

I watched the end of the FAU/Temple game before flipping over to the end of the SDSU/New Mexico game. It made me very happy to be in the MWC. The FAU/Temple game was basically a tomb. There couldn't have been more than a couple hundred fans in the stands. But the MWC final was jam packed and sounded like a New Mexico home game. Yes, it is a better destination, and better teams were playing. But I also think it shows that fans simply don't get as excited about a made-for-TV league with teams spread coast to coast.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic