Blind Seeding

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggiesdidwhat

Blind Seeding

Post by aggiesdidwhat » March 17th, 2024, 7:18 pm

Not sure if this has ever been discussed. But I'm curious what seeding would be like if the committee couldn't see the teams name. Only their record, net ranking and had to seed them that way :) Then once the teams are shown, they could tweak a team if they are conference mates. Aggies to my knowledge didn't lose a q2 or lower game all season right? And decent q1 record. But to be fair, I have no idea how all the other teams would look. Just thought it would be fun if they had to do it that way :)

Section_L_Aggie

Re: Blind Seeding

Post by Section_L_Aggie » March 17th, 2024, 7:23 pm

It would be fair. But that would be too easy.

Their BS about poor OOC scheduling doesn't hold water for South Carolina for example. Ours wasn't great at 198 but South Carolina was 289. Yet they're 2 seed lines ahead of us. And they had 2 Q3 losses.

Whatever.
These users thanked the author Section_L_Aggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22SLB

:utah: :state: :scotsman:

dogie

Post by dogie » March 17th, 2024, 7:40 pm

For one day, all of the losses were Q1, but then Nevada dropped down and that loss became Q2.

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » March 17th, 2024, 8:14 pm

dogie wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 7:40 pm
For one day, all of the losses were Q1, but then Nevada dropped down and that loss became Q2.
Oh! Darn it! Effing Nevada ;)

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 17th, 2024, 8:18 pm

Wally and Rothstein on CBS are very vocal about the MWC being seeded too low across the board.

For the first time ever, I'm filling out my bracket strictly on KenPom score for my . No gut feelings, no personal preferences, no regard to team color/mascot, no historical performance. I'm going strictly on KenPom. We'll see how that works out.

Eutaw St. Aggie

SLB

Post by SLB » March 17th, 2024, 8:19 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 8:14 pm
dogie wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 7:40 pm
Oh! Darn it! Effing Nevada ;)
According to the NET rankings
Our worst home loss was against to #34 Nevada.
This is only behind UConn, Purdue, and Houston in this department of lack of bad losses.

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » March 17th, 2024, 8:21 pm

Section_L_Aggie wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 7:23 pm
It would be fair. But that would be too easy.

Their BS about poor OOC scheduling doesn't hold water for South Carolina for example. Ours wasn't great at 198 but South Carolina was 289. Yet they're 2 seed lines ahead of us. And they had 2 Q3 losses.

Whatever.
If the committee really believed that the whole Big 12 should be 2-3 seeds lower.
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post (total 3):
Section_L_Aggieblueaggie3rdGenAggie

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 17th, 2024, 8:35 pm

I'm listening to this guy on CBS (Carter? - former player and coach in the Big East) just go off on the MW getting 6 teams in and the Big East getting 3. He specifically mentioned USU not having a Quad 1 win outside the conference (I wonder how many BE teams have Q1 wins outside their conference?). If he is this upset - I suggest he tell his Big East friends to get on a plane in the non-conference and go to The Pit, or Viejas, or the Spectrum, or Moby, or whatever they call the venue in Boise, and put their money where their mouth is. Come and show the MW how good you are.

P.s.

I would also remind him that two MW beat the #2 team in the BE this year.
Last edited by Yossarian on March 17th, 2024, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 4):
AngusAgblueaggieFloridaAggie13AggieFBObsession

Eutaw St. Aggie

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » March 17th, 2024, 9:02 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 7:18 pm
Not sure if this has ever been discussed. But I'm curious what seeding would be like if the committee couldn't see the teams name. Only their record, net ranking and had to seed them that way :) Then once the teams are shown, they could tweak a team if they are conference mates. Aggies to my knowledge didn't lose a q2 or lower game all season right? And decent q1 record. But to be fair, I have no idea how all the other teams would look. Just thought it would be fun if they had to do it that way :)
Honestly that is how it should be done but that would make too much sense.
These users thanked the author blueaggie for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » March 17th, 2024, 9:06 pm

Couldn’t agree more! Take the hats in the mall off the table and just go by quality of wins!

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 17th, 2024, 9:10 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 17th, 2024, 8:35 pm
I'm listening to this guy on CBS (Carter? - former player and coach in the Big East) just go off on the MW getting 6 teams in and the Big East getting 3. He specifically mentioned USU not having a Quad 1 win outside the conference (I wonder how many BE teams have Q1 wins outside their conference?). If he is this upset - I suggest he tell his Big East friends to get on a plane in the non-conference and go to The Pit, or Viejas, or the Spectrum, or Moby, or whatever they call the venue in Boise, and put their money where their mouth is. Come and show the MW how good you are.
Yep the P5’s literally have every advantage. Typically aren’t replacing a coach and a bunch of player, get higher rated recruits and good transfers (from G5), get into best exempt preseason tournaments, get good neutral games and NEVER play a true road game. Then get in conference play and teams like Michigan are still Q2 so literally never have Q3 or Q4 games

Many G5 teams aren’t sure what they have in a team and have a hard time putting a schedule together. Should we with a new coach and no returning players go on the road and play a bunch of P5 teams in preseason? The tournament we were in Drake (I can't express myself without swearing) the bed and got destroyed by SFA eliminating a decent OOC game.

No MW goes to 20 game schedule so now that eliminated 2 OOC games - more for committee to (I can't express myself without swearing) about.

I guess when we replace our coach and key players we need to start to on the road to the east coast and play a bunch of power teams and if we lost then we didn’t have any good preseason winsome

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 17th, 2024, 10:02 pm

Cui Bono answers all relevant questions.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
AhbyeFloridaAggie13

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 17th, 2024, 10:09 pm

Creighton lost to UNLV and Colorado State.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » March 18th, 2024, 10:23 pm

Yossarian wrote:I'm listening to this guy on CBS (Carter? - former player and coach in the Big East) just go off on the MW getting 6 teams in and the Big East getting 3. He specifically mentioned USU not having a Quad 1 win outside the conference (I wonder how many BE teams have Q1 wins outside their conference?). If he is this upset - I suggest he tell his Big East friends to get on a plane in the non-conference and go to The Pit, or Viejas, or the Spectrum, or Moby, or whatever they call the venue in Boise, and put their money where their mouth is. Come and show the MW how good you are.

P.s.

I would also remind him that two MW beat the #2 team in the BE this year.
I’m sick of him bashing the MWC. I looked at the Big East records OOC. Only the 3 teams that made the tournament did anything in the OOC and even then isn’t much better than what SDSU, CSU, UNR and BSU did in the OOC. USU and UNM didn’t have the hardest schedule but didn’t take bad losses. Then they proved themselves against those 4 that proved themselves in OOC.

That doesn’t count though for MWC teams, only P5 teams get that benefit. Most power conferences don’t play more than 1-2 tough games OOC and almost never a true road game.

It’s BS that they change the rules for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
AggieFBObsession

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 18th, 2024, 10:30 pm

Oregon State and Washington State are too good for the MWC, so they join the WCC. I know I'm oversimplifying it slightly, but regardless it's mostly true. Now they're sitting and watching while the MWC sends 6 teams to the NCAAT. Meanwhile they're beloved skeleton of a PAC 12 is getting 4 teams (3 deserved), which is less than the MWC.

And, oh, the WCC is such a good conference compared to the MWC. Yeah, sure. SDSU won at Gonzaga and what's the record for the MWC against the rest of the WCC? Oh. That's right. We dominated the WCC!

But, Oregon State and Wazzu, take your little piece of the pie that you have left of the PAC 12 and try to hold onto it for as long as possible while you both wither away to complete irrelevance.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
Aggie84025

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 19th, 2024, 6:51 am

Washington State is joining the six MWC teams in the NCAA tournament.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionAggie formerly in Hawaii

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic