I’ve collected all the data that I need.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieIceCream05

I’ve collected all the data that I need.

Post by AggieIceCream05 » March 22nd, 2024, 4:07 pm

Thank you to everyone. I must leave for good. It’s been fun getting to know all of you, and I genuinely hope your Aggies win tonight!

Title: "Exploring the Effects of Trolling Behavior on Online Communities: A Mock Experiment"

Abstract:
This study investigates the impact of trolling behavior on online fan forum communities. Participants were recruited from various fan forums and were randomly assigned roles as either genuine contributors or trolls. The experiment aimed to observe the reactions of genuine contributors to trolling behavior and assess the overall effect on the community dynamic.

Methodology:
1. Participant Recruitment: Participants were recruited from multiple fan forums covering different topics to ensure diversity in interests and demographics.
2. Role Assignment: Participants were randomly assigned roles as either genuine contributors or trolls. Trolls were instructed to engage in disruptive behavior, while genuine contributors were asked to participate as they normally would.
3. Data Collection: Data was collected through observation of forum interactions, including posts, replies, and reactions to trolling behavior.
4. Analysis: The data was analyzed to identify patterns in responses to trolling behavior, changes in community dynamics, and the overall impact on forum engagement.

Results:
1. Response Patterns: Genuine contributors exhibited a range of responses to trolling behavior, including ignoring, confronting, or attempting to reason with trolls.
2. Community Dynamics: Trolling behavior was found to disrupt the normal flow of conversation and reduce overall engagement among genuine contributors.
3. Impact on Forum Engagement: Trolling behavior led to decreased participation and increased negativity within the community.

Conclusion:
This mock experiment highlights the detrimental effects of trolling behavior on online fan forum communities. The findings emphasize the importance of fostering a positive and supportive environment for genuine contributors to thrive.

Limitations and Future Research:
Further research could explore the long-term effects of trolling behavior on online communities and examine potential strategies for mitigating its impact. Additionally, this study relied on simulated trolling behavior and may not fully capture the complexities of real-world interactions.

Dkdavis

Re: I’ve collected all the data that I need.

Post by Dkdavis » March 22nd, 2024, 4:15 pm

Lol nice chat gpt report. This report says nothing. I’m impressed by the amount of time you were able to spend on this forum trolling. I find it fascinating that there are people out there who get so much enjoyment out of stirring up controversy in others.

Oldmainblue

Post by Oldmainblue » March 22nd, 2024, 4:17 pm

He also hacked Goodman's account and leaked a false report about Washington's interest in Danny Sprinkle.
These users thanked the author Oldmainblue for the post (total 2):
stwinwardViAggie

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » March 22nd, 2024, 4:31 pm

This looks like a perfect manuscript to submit to the Journal of Remedial Studies.
Last edited by ChowderAggie on March 22nd, 2024, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » March 22nd, 2024, 4:36 pm

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 22nd, 2024, 4:41 pm

I wish you good fortunes in the wars to come.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 22nd, 2024, 4:59 pm

AggieIceCream05 wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 4:07 pm
Thank you to everyone. I must leave for good. It’s been fun getting to know all of you, and I genuinely hope your Aggies win tonight!

Title: "Exploring the Effects of Trolling Behavior on Online Communities: A Mock Experiment"

Abstract:
This study investigates the impact of trolling behavior on online fan forum communities. Participants were recruited from various fan forums and were randomly assigned roles as either genuine contributors or trolls. The experiment aimed to observe the reactions of genuine contributors to trolling behavior and assess the overall effect on the community dynamic.

Methodology:
1. Participant Recruitment: Participants were recruited from multiple fan forums covering different topics to ensure diversity in interests and demographics.
2. Role Assignment: Participants were randomly assigned roles as either genuine contributors or trolls. Trolls were instructed to engage in disruptive behavior, while genuine contributors were asked to participate as they normally would.
3. Data Collection: Data was collected through observation of forum interactions, including posts, replies, and reactions to trolling behavior.
4. Analysis: The data was analyzed to identify patterns in responses to trolling behavior, changes in community dynamics, and the overall impact on forum engagement.

Results:
1. Response Patterns: Genuine contributors exhibited a range of responses to trolling behavior, including ignoring, confronting, or attempting to reason with trolls.
2. Community Dynamics: Trolling behavior was found to disrupt the normal flow of conversation and reduce overall engagement among genuine contributors.
3. Impact on Forum Engagement: Trolling behavior led to decreased participation and increased negativity within the community.

Conclusion:
This mock experiment highlights the detrimental effects of trolling behavior on online fan forum communities. The findings emphasize the importance of fostering a positive and supportive environment for genuine contributors to thrive.

Further research could explore the long-term effects of trolling behavior on online communities and examine potential strategies for mitigating its impact. Additionally, this study relied on simulated trolling behavior and may not fully capture the complexities of real-world interactions.
Are you sure you collected all the data you needed? Did you collect this?

These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
ViAggie

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

justinmorrey

Post by justinmorrey » March 22nd, 2024, 5:01 pm

I don't know if you didn't realize this, but 90% of the board knew you were a troll from day 1.
These users thanked the author justinmorrey for the post (total 2):
SaintAggieHoot

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 22nd, 2024, 5:35 pm

AggieIceCream05 wrote:

Abstract:

Methodology:

Results:

Conclusion:

Thanks Stunner
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 2):
AndroidAggieStanfordAggie

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » March 22nd, 2024, 5:54 pm

But what if we get past TCU? How will Great Do against thier center? It’s been something I’ve been thinking about. It’s an interesting match up. For instance I don’t see them doubling Great.
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post:
ViAggie

#hornsup!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 22nd, 2024, 6:01 pm

AggieIceCream05 wrote:

Abstract:

Methodology:

Results:

Conclusion:

and your final grade? F-
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 3):
Aggie in BoiseSaintAggieHoot

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 22nd, 2024, 6:52 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thanks Stunner
surprised pikachu face

how did i not see it
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
NAggsty Butler

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 22nd, 2024, 6:53 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 6:52 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thanks Stunner
surprised pikachu face

how did i not see it
It was brutally evident from his very first post and his user name LOL.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 22nd, 2024, 6:54 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 6:53 pm
don't rub it in i'm not that bright ok

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 22nd, 2024, 6:56 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 6:54 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 6:53 pm
don't rub it in i'm not that bright ok
I forgot to add in the “to me” part. I don’t think it would’ve been that obvious to most. His style is just so… stunner.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post:
AndroidAggie

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 22nd, 2024, 6:57 pm

stunner is a really good dude deep down, but he sure does like to use his marionette strings and make us dance
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
Madmartigan

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » March 22nd, 2024, 7:42 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 4:15 pm
Lol nice chat gpt report. This report says nothing. I’m impressed by the amount of time you were able to spend on this forum trolling. I find it fascinating that there are people out there who get so much enjoyment out of stirring up controversy in others.
I find it fascinating that people can be so unsuccessful that they go to message boards of mid-level schools to "troll". He was immediately outted after like, two posts. Ask any "researcher" what the Hawthorne Effect does to the legitimacy of their "research".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_effect
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13SaintAggieDkdavis

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » March 22nd, 2024, 11:21 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 4:15 pm
I feel sorry for him. Imagine what must be lacking in your life to feel the need to do this over and over to garner the attention they are obviously not getting from the relationships close to them.
These users thanked the author Dwigt for the post (total 3):
HootFloridaAggie13Dkdavis

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 22nd, 2024, 11:23 pm

AggieIceCream05 wrote:

Abstract:

Methodology:

Results:

Conclusion:

Please provide your IRB # and institution. Someone is getting fired for research malfeasance.
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post (total 2):
tovliFloridaAggie13

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Cuchelain

Post by Cuchelain » March 22nd, 2024, 11:40 pm

Breaking: Aggie ice cream has been found to have plagiarized large sections of his thesis. Review of each of his other publications is now underway.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 22nd, 2024, 11:46 pm

Lets make this official mods!

Where only sage brush grows

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 23rd, 2024, 12:26 am

You may be ice cream 5 but you'll always be #1stunner in our hearts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
StanfordAggieFloridaAggie13

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 23rd, 2024, 6:30 am

MrBiggle wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 11:46 pm
Lets make this official mods!
Twas the mods who believed in him :lol:
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
Aggie in Boise

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 23rd, 2024, 7:27 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 12:26 am
You may be ice cream 5 but you'll always be #1stunner in our hearts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic