Great vs Edey

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FloridaAggie13

Great vs Edey

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 23rd, 2024, 1:45 pm

Great has several "launch points" in his arsenal, he doesn't need to shoot over top of his defender. Using his size and long arms to keep the defender behind him to protect against the blocked shot and scooping the layup from underneath.

Adrian Dantley (yeah, I'm dating myself) won NBA scoring titles as a 6'5 small forward who could score in the paint on anyone using guile, footwork and technique. This is who Great reminds me of.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
Aggie in BoiseBlue Sage

AggieFBObsession

Re: Great vs Edey

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 23rd, 2024, 1:46 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 1:45 pm
Great has several "launch points" in his arsenal, he doesn't need to shoot over top of his defender. Using his size and long arms to keep the defender behind him to protect against the blocked shot and scooping the layup from underneath.

Adrian Dantley (yeah, I'm dating myself) won NBA scoring titles as a 6'5 small forward who could score in the paint on anyone using guile, footwork and technique. This is who Great reminds me of.
Wow! I hadn't thought of the Adrian Dantley comparison. But you're spot on.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post (total 5):
FloridaAggie13AngusAgGreenAgBlue SageIdaAg93

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 23rd, 2024, 1:48 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:

And if our guards can make rainbow jumpers like Darrell Griffith we should be in great shape.
Last edited by Aggie in Boise on March 23rd, 2024, 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13Blue Sage

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 23rd, 2024, 1:51 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 1:48 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

And if our guards can make rainbow jumpers like Darrell Griffith we should be in great shape.
With a gentle push and a mild arc the cowhide globe hits home.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
Aggie in BoiseNEAggie

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 23rd, 2024, 1:53 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 1:46 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Wow! I hadn't thought of the Adrian Dantley comparison. But you're spot on.
I've been thinking about the comparison all year because AD just found a way to somehow get shots off in the paint while surrounded by taller players. Osobor, in my mind, does a lot of the same things. If he could consistently hit an 18 foot jumper he would be unstoppable.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 23rd, 2024, 1:54 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 1:51 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Any word on how Great's basic basketball lessons are going?
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
AggieArmy

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 23rd, 2024, 1:59 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 23rd, 2024, 1:54 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Any word on how Great's basic basketball lessons are going?
They are in the second phase if I recall. This phase covers how to lace high tops, put on a uniform and where your eyes should be (or not be) in the postgame shower.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
Aggie in Boise

gomretat

Post by gomretat » March 23rd, 2024, 2:33 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

From the Parking Lot!
These users thanked the author gomretat for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 23rd, 2024, 2:50 pm

Does that make Darius Ricky Green?

Eutaw St. Aggie

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » March 23rd, 2024, 8:57 pm

Yossarian wrote:Does that make Darius Ricky Green?
Fastest of them all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » March 23rd, 2024, 9:29 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Stockton, yoyos the ball as he brings it down the court ziggin right, then hippity hops left, flips the ball off with a pass smooth as silk, and who’s there? It’s Griff, snagging it out of the air. He gives it a gentle push and a mild arc and the Cowhide globe hits home!!! Tally up another triple for the Golden Griff baby!
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post (total 2):
Aggie in BoiseMrBiggle

#hornsup!

USUaggienation

Post by USUaggienation » March 24th, 2024, 10:52 am

I love discussions about upcoming games!

Obviously our bigs are going to be vital in this game. But I also see the perimeter defense is going to be the aspect I’ll be looking at. We’re a good 3-point defensive team and we’re going to need to be even better than we have been all year.
These users thanked the author USUaggienation for the post:
ImportAggie

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic