8 on 5 is tough!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Elkaggie

Re: 8 on 5 is tough!

Post by Elkaggie » March 24th, 2024, 2:19 pm

Such soft fouls against Fish
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post (total 5):
AV8AGSection_L_AggieEngineeringAggieSLBFloridaAggie13

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 24th, 2024, 2:23 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 2:19 pm
The only thing more annoying than complaining about refs when they don't suck is defending them when they do suck. Get off their jock, they aren't calling you back for a second date either way.
Lol it is a 31 point game. Sometimes you just get your (I can't express myself without swearing) kicked, but if whining makes you feel better, have at it.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
trevordudeImakeitrain

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » March 24th, 2024, 2:27 pm

Apparently there’s no 3 second in basketball anymore either.

Bigger_Blue_Aggie

Post by Bigger_Blue_Aggie » March 24th, 2024, 2:28 pm

I'm just hoping we can finish this within 20. Come on Aggies!

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 24th, 2024, 2:28 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 2:23 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
The only thing more annoying than complaining about refs when they don't suck is defending them when they do suck. Get off their jock, they aren't calling you back for a second date either way.
Lol it is a 31 point game. Sometimes you just get your (I can't express myself without swearing) kicked, but if whining makes you feel better, have at it.
Wait. Do you think I think we'd be winning if not for the refs? Let me assure you, I do not.

Now, at least make the refs buy you dinner before you let them have their way.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » March 24th, 2024, 2:29 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
Agreed. It’s like they saw who our best player was in the first round and decided to take him out with foul trouble.

That said, we still probably get beat by 10 but at least we’d have had our big guns in there.

Oh well.

:utah: :state: :scotsman:

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 24th, 2024, 2:30 pm

Stop acting like officiating doesn't matter. It makes you look stupid. And no, USU would not be winning with a clean game, but that doesn't mean you have to pretend like the officiating is great.

Read the comments to this...basically none are USU fans.

These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 4):
SaintAggietrevordudeSection_L_AggieEngineeringAggie

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 24th, 2024, 2:31 pm

SaintAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 2:10 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 1:49 pm
We aren’t playing well enough to complain about calls
Entire team on the bench because of soft refs and we get "it's NoT tHE ReFS FaULt"
I agree there were bad calls. But that doesn’t explain a blowout.

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » March 24th, 2024, 2:32 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 2:31 pm
SaintAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 2:10 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 1:49 pm
We aren’t playing well enough to complain about calls
Entire team on the bench because of soft refs and we get "it's NoT tHE ReFS FaULt"
I agree there were bad calls. But that doesn’t explain a blowout.
Fair enough. We can agree on that

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 24th, 2024, 2:36 pm

The refs were not great but had no bearing on the game. Purdue is just a damn good team.

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » March 24th, 2024, 2:36 pm

ronburgandee wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 2:13 pm
I think the refs have been fine. Sometimes other teams are just better.
Troll

SLB

Post by SLB » March 24th, 2024, 2:53 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
Refs let him off the hook against TCU.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 2:53 pm

ronburgandee wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 2:13 pm
I think the refs have been fine. Sometimes other teams are just better.
Really??

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 2:55 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 2:36 pm
The refs were not great but had no bearing on the game. Purdue is just a damn good team.
Disagree. Purdue probably wins, but when we have to go to our 9th and tenth guys on the bench 12 minutes into the game because of fouls, then yes, they had a bearing on the game.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 4):
Section_L_AggieSLBcval3rdGenAggie

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 24th, 2024, 2:57 pm

The refs took us out of our game, it was Sprinkles job to get them to settle down and not let the awful reffing and crowd get to them, we did not do that. Such is life

We looked fine for a while but once they went on the run we got frazzled and let it get out of hand
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post (total 2):
Section_L_AggieFloridaAggie13

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 2:58 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
Game was even until we had to go to our 9th player on the bench with 8 minutes left in the first half because we were in foul trouble at the FIVE minute mark of the game.

cval

Post by cval » March 24th, 2024, 3:00 pm

Edey gets more protection than….

Never mind 😀

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » March 24th, 2024, 3:00 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 2:58 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Game was even until we had to go to our 9th player on the bench with 8 minutes left in the first half because we were in foul trouble at the FIVE minute mark of the game.
Exactly.

We probably still lose by 15 but the foul trouble killed us. Foul count needs to be increased to 6 in college. Makes for poor games.

:utah: :state: :scotsman:

boilerD
Has thanked: 0

Post by boilerD » April 2nd, 2024, 6:50 pm

ryguy417 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 1:30 pm
Hard to win when it’s 8 on 5. Need to create better looks, but the decks is certainly stacked. #homecooking!
Not at all. Here’s how I think you guys see officiating:

> say we all agree that a post defender can put a forearm in the back of an offensive post man. If osobor was to do that to say filipowsk, I’m not sure filipowski could back him down.

If osobor was instead to put two hand and his body into filipowski’s back and push, all neutral observers would say that’s a foul.

Where you guys are wrong right off the bat when you b*tch about Purdue is.. you say “hey edey is 7’4” 300, and that’s not fair, so what you can’t do against most players you should be able to do against him.”

You’re already wrong. A foul against one player doesn’t become not a foul against another because he’s big. If you get a forearm on filipowski or Ben Gregg’s back, then that’s what you get on edey. It’s not the job of officials to say “no he’s big so now there are different rules.”

> then, on top of being just as wrong as you could possibly f-ing be, after your guy is hanging on edey with two hands and their body. YOU EXPECT EDEY NOT TO BE ABLE TO FIGHT FOR THAT SAME SPACE. And if he does, you want an offensive foul called on him.

> and then, you’re too dumb to realize that what is actually called comes after your guy hangs on him, he fights for that same space, then your guy hits his left arm or slams into his body on the way up for his shot.

Edey isn’t hard to officiate at all. Whatever movements or motions are allowed against your guy with the weird mustache are allowed against him. Nothing more. Officials don’t get to decide what is and isn’t allowed … to make it fair.

Don’t like it? Go get your own 7’4” 300 lb player and develop his post game into a fully functional post game. You’ll pay on the other end on pick n rolls, but you’ll have a player who is legally able to win matchups and get the best shots to can get.

calaggie

Post by calaggie » April 2nd, 2024, 6:54 pm

boilerD wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 6:50 pm
ryguy417 wrote:
Hard to win when it’s 8 on 5. Need to create better looks, but the decks is certainly stacked. #homecooking!

> say we all agree that a post defender can put a forearm in the back of an offensive post man. If osobor was to do that to say filipowsk, I’m not sure filipowski could back him down.

If osobor was instead to put two hand and his body into filipowski’s back and push, all neutral observers would say that’s a foul.

Where you guys are wrong right off the bat when you b*tch about Purdue is.. you say “hey edey is 7’4” 300, and that’s not fair, so what you can’t do against most players you should be able to do against him.”

You’re already wrong. A foul against one player doesn’t become not a foul against another because he’s big. If you get a forearm on filipowski or Ben Gregg’s back, then that’s what you get on edey. It’s not the job of officials to say “no he’s big so now there are different rules.”

> then, on top of being just as wrong as you could possibly f-ing be, after your guy is hanging on edey with two hands and their body. YOU EXPECT EDEY NOT TO BE ABLE TO FIGHT FOR THAT SAME SPACE. And if he does, you want an offensive foul called on him.

> and then, you’re too dumb to realize that what is actually called comes after your guy hangs on him, he fights for that same space, then your guy hits his left arm or slams into his body on the way up for his shot.

Edey isn’t hard to officiate at all. Whatever movements or motions are allowed against your guy with the weird mustache are allowed against him. Nothing more. Officials don’t get to decide what is and isn’t allowed … to make it fair.

Don’t like it? Go get your own 7’4” 300 lb player and develop his post game into a fully functional post game. You’ll pay on the other end on pick n rolls, but you’ll have a player who is legally able to win matchups and get the best shots to can get.
Why do you care, boilerdouchebag? Don’t you have another fan base to whine to?
These users thanked the author calaggie for the post:
Blue Sage

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » April 2nd, 2024, 6:56 pm

boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

Im glad you thought about little old USU during your teams historic season. Don't try to be too happy. You remind me of a Purdue alum I used to work with. Smart engineer. Whined about his kids, his wife, his salary, his job, a joy to work with.

On a hunch, I looked up the leading free throw shooter by attempts in the country. Huh, Edey. I don't think fouls on Edey were a major reason USU lost to Purdue. I do think Edey gets a favorable whistle, and it's to be expected.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-baske ... -attempted

Not sent from Tapatalk

boilerD

Post by boilerD » April 2nd, 2024, 7:02 pm

calaggie wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 6:54 pm
boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

Nice counterargument. At least you got to read that you don’t actually know what you think you know about officiating (I can't express myself without swearing)

boilerD

Post by boilerD » April 2nd, 2024, 7:07 pm

trevordude wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 6:56 pm
boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

Im glad you thought about little old USU during your teams historic season. Don't try to be too happy. You remind me of a Purdue alum I used to work with. Smart engineer. Whined about his kids, his wife, his salary, his job, a joy to work with.

On a hunch, I looked up the leading free throw shooter by attempts in the country. Huh, Edey. I don't think fouls on Edey were a major reason USU lost to Purdue. I do think Edey gets a favorable whistle, and it's to be expected.

Of course he leads the nation in fouls. He’s 7’4” 300 stooge. You can’t stop him with legal post defense. You know how you stop or slow him? How FDU did. You bracket him with two guys. Except unlike last year, Purdue has the shooters to break a 3 on 4 defense.

You know that’s how you slow him … outside of getting David Robinson as your own center. But you don’t want to play 3 on 4, so you’re hoping you can play as physical as possible and that the refs don’t call them all. Then when they do call them, you’re flabbergasted lol.

Imagine this.. when your guy had two arms and a body in his back pushing and it’s only allowed cause he’s big, imagine if he could turn around and put his two hands on your guy and shove him as hard as he could. Would you really like no whistles then (I can't express myself without swearing) for brains?

bigblue32
Pick'em Champ - '23 FB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue32 » April 2nd, 2024, 7:08 pm

boilerD wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 7:07 pm
trevordude wrote:
boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

Of course he leads the nation in fouls. He’s 7’4” 300 stooge. You can’t stop him with legal post defense. You know how you stop or slow him? How FDU did. You bracket him with two guys. Except unlike last year, Purdue has the shooters to break a 3 on 4 defense.

You know that’s how you slow him … outside of getting David Robinson as your own center. But you don’t want to play 3 on 4, so you’re hoping you can play as physical as possible and that the refs don’t call them all. Then when they do call them, you’re flabbergasted lol.

Imagine this.. when your guy had two arms and a body in his back pushing and it’s only allowed cause he’s big, imagine if he could turn around and put his two hands on your guy and shove him as hard as he could. Would you really like no whistles then (I can't express myself without swearing) for brains?
Lmao my god. Imagine thinking you actually did something by posting this (I can't express myself without swearing) for brains.

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » April 2nd, 2024, 7:14 pm

boilerD wrote:
trevordude wrote:
boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

What causes you to come back a week later to our fanpage? Was this little girl you? Did Edey hurt you? Are you ok?
These users thanked the author trevordude for the post:
ImportAggie

Not sent from Tapatalk

ImportAggie

Post by ImportAggie » April 2nd, 2024, 7:15 pm

bigblue32 wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 7:08 pm
boilerD wrote:
trevordude wrote:
boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

Lmao my god. Imagine thinking you actually did something by posting this (I can't express myself without swearing) for brains.
(I can't express myself without swearing) for brains is right. Nothings says “I’m not insecure at all in my position” like coming to post and argue on an opposing teams fan board weeks after we played hahahaha
These users thanked the author ImportAggie for the post:
EngineeringAggie

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » April 2nd, 2024, 7:28 pm

This stuff cracks me up. Did it take this guy that long to write a few paragraphs, or have our complaints been living in his head rent free for this long?
These users thanked the author EngineeringAggie for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » April 2nd, 2024, 7:28 pm

There's zero chance this guy is a Purdue fan. Zero chance a Purdue fan would make an account today to argue this on a dead thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
MetsJetsAggies

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » April 2nd, 2024, 7:30 pm

boilerD wrote:
trevordude wrote:
boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

Did you actually watch Purdue v USU? Our guys didn’t use two hands very much, I am sure it happened but it was rare. Maybe you are thinking of Sundays game(two days ago)? Now in that game the Tennessee dude was basically countering Edey with a shoulder and two arms, it was kind a funny to watch.
Your blood must be truly boiling if you think refs call Edey fair on defense. I will give you the point that guys are raking him when he backs down with the ball, but watching every Purdue game so far in this tournament I have noticed that what he does on defense, when guarding a player that has the ball and is in the process of shooting, is no were close to being officiated equally. If it was, he would likely not play more than ten minutes for either fouling out or fear of fouling out.
He has some nice handles with the hook shots though.

Oh and, Good Day Sir!
Last edited by MrBiggle on April 2nd, 2024, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where only sage brush grows

calaggie

Post by calaggie » April 2nd, 2024, 7:36 pm

boilerD wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 7:02 pm
calaggie wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 6:54 pm
boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

Nice counterargument. At least you got to read that you don’t actually know what you think you know about officiating (I can't express myself without swearing)
It wasn’t a counter argument. That was the whole point.
Now, waddle back to your mom’s basement and let the adults talk.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 2nd, 2024, 7:39 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 7:28 pm
This stuff cracks me up. Did it take this guy that long to write a few paragraphs, or have our complaints been living in his head rent free for this long?
I have a brother in law who went to Purdue and he’s a fatal dumb a$$. I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » April 2nd, 2024, 9:43 pm

So... this thread is weird.

The Old Bull

Post by The Old Bull » April 2nd, 2024, 9:58 pm

boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

Hmm consider me skeptical that a Purdue fan would come here talking smack 2 weeks after the fact wanting to argue what a foul is. Welcome back, how is the troll study coming along… now go get yourself some AggieIceCream. 😜😂
These users thanked the author The Old Bull for the post:
Blue Sage

boilerD

Post by boilerD » April 3rd, 2024, 6:17 am

MrBiggle wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 7:30 pm
boilerD wrote:
trevordude wrote:
boilerD wrote:
ryguy417 wrote:

Did you actually watch Purdue v USU? Our guys didn’t use two hands very much, I am sure it happened but it was rare. Maybe you are thinking of Sundays game(two days ago)? Now in that game the Tennessee dude was basically countering Edey with a shoulder and two arms, it was kind a funny to watch.
Your blood must be truly boiling if you think refs call Edey fair on defense. I will give you the point that guys are raking him when he backs down with the ball, but watching every Purdue game so far in this tournament I have noticed that what he does on defense, when guarding a player that has the ball and is in the process of shooting, is no were close to being officiated equally. If it was, he would likely not play more than ten minutes for either fouling out or fear of fouling out.
He has some nice handles with the hook shots though.

Oh and, Good Day Sir!
No, that’s the thing. Opposing fan bases like to say that. And then I’ll have a buddy who is an Illinois fan in a room full of neutral friends and we roll the tape and the guy gets laughed out of the room like “dude what are you talking about, dain dainja is hanging all over him.”

You think Great Osobor was guarding him with one forearm to the back? I didn’t know he was Hakeem Olajuwon.

And again, if you talk to Tennessee fans, I bet they tell you their guy wasn’t doing that and think it’s not a foul if he did. AND THEN they expect Edey not to fight back for space or they think THAT is the real foul lol.

Ahhh … you think edey is the one committing the real fouls on defense. Have you thought about how that sounds? He’s 7’4” with a 7’7” wing span and a vertical in the mid 30” range. And you think he’s the one who needs to foul.

Now, what players like osobor do is try to do is go into his body to draw a foul. But I bet even though you think it’s only fair if someone hangs all over edey, you expect edey to have someone hop into his body and react by backing up and running away.

By the way, you do realize that four of the first five fouls on your team were actually committed against Trey Kaufman-Renn right? All that Utah state fan crying I watched and you guys didn’t even have the right guy lol.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » April 3rd, 2024, 6:31 am

Your name says it all. Anyone else think of one thing when you read BoilerD?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic