8 on 5 is tough!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
boilerD
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 on 5 is tough!

Post by boilerD » April 3rd, 2024, 6:37 am

Usu0505 wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 6:31 am
Your name says it all. Anyone else think of one thing when you read BoilerD?
So you’re saying that with all the crying you guys did, you’re not aware you had the wrong guy? Trey Kaufman-Renn basically got your whole front court in foul trouble. Sakho. That dude with the creepy mustache. And then you guys had that dude from the cobra Kai in falling down on defense.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » April 3rd, 2024, 6:49 am

I didn’t say any such thing, BoilerD.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » April 3rd, 2024, 8:31 am

Interesting that this BoilerD guy shows up the same day as AggieIceCream comes back to the board to say he missed us and he wants a second chance. Hahaha. Thanks for the fun post AggieIce Cream. I bet the moderators can look up the IP address and prove you are the same person.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » April 3rd, 2024, 8:31 am

boilerD wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 6:17 am
And again, if you talk to Tennessee fans, I bet they tell you their guy wasn’t doing that and think it’s not a foul if he did. AND THEN they expect Edey not to fight back for space or they think THAT is the real foul lol.
It's like the time Edey's elbow was fouled by the Tennessee players face. You think that impartial fans all side with you but reading the Reddit game thread during our game it wasn't Utah State fans whining about the officiating. It was fans of other Big 10 teams that had to deal with this (I can't express myself without swearing) all year long. They were sad to see that he was getting away with it during the tournament too. They constantly called out his 5-6 seconds in the key. They complained that he never had a pivot foot. He'd shuffle both feet without dribbling and the worst was that they'd call a foul on someone for standing next to him. The soft fouls turned to our guys getting frustrated and making blatant frustration fouls. Star treatment has always been a part of the game and it's in play here as well.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieUSU78

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » April 3rd, 2024, 8:33 am

Coloraggie wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 8:31 am
Interesting that this BoilerD guy shows up the same day as AggieIceCream comes back to the board to say he missed us and he wants a second chance. Hahaha. Thanks for the fun post AggieIce Cream. I bet the moderators can look up the IP address and prove you are the same person.
I can confirm that they are not the same person.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
Real Life Aggie

The Old Bull

Post by The Old Bull » April 3rd, 2024, 8:52 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 8:33 am
Coloraggie wrote:
I was trying to give @boilerD the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't that dumb... just trolling... Is it possible I was wrong and he really is that dumb? For the sake of humanity I am going to stick with him being a low level troll.

SLB

Post by SLB » April 3rd, 2024, 8:57 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:
There are a few people who defend refs 24/7 and hate Isaac Johnson that went quiet after the TCU game. I would guess that it was one of those people.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
The Old Bull

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » April 3rd, 2024, 10:44 am

edey has a verticle of 30" now were really talking stuff!!!

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » April 3rd, 2024, 10:54 am

tipitup wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 10:44 am
edey has a verticle of 30" now were really talking stuff!!!
:lol:

boilerD

Post by boilerD » April 3rd, 2024, 10:59 am

The Old Bull wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 8:52 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:
I was trying to give @boilerD the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't that dumb... just trolling... Is it possible I was wrong and he really is that dumb? For the sake of humanity I am going to stick with him being a low level troll.
I was very impressed by osobor and Falslev. That kid could have a big time game if he can work on hitting more threes. It’s not a Utah state thing. We are tired of hearing it from Illinois fans, Marquette fans, everyone. You guys just have a free board that doesn’t restrict others like Gonzaga. I wish your team well next year, but we are just tired of people acting like this is Minnesota but with edey getting the whole team bailed out by the refs.

As for trolling, I remember the good old days 20 years ago. Just about every fan base had at least a free rivals board, and If people came to the Purdue board and gave their best argument, we never cared that it was “our board.”

Good luck. If you guys come out next year and have a great season, you’ll deserve it.
These users thanked the author boilerD for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 11:02 am

boilerD wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 10:59 am
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:
I was very impressed by osobor and Falslev. That kid could have a big time game if he can work on hitting more threes. It’s not a Utah state thing. We are tired of hearing it from Illinois fans, Marquette fans, everyone. You guys just have a free board that doesn’t restrict others like Gonzaga. I wish your team well next year, but we are just tired of people acting like this is Minnesota but with edey getting the whole team bailed out by the refs.

As for trolling, I remember the good old days 20 years ago. Just about every fan base had at least a free rivals board, and If people came to the Purdue board and gave their best argument, we never cared that it was “our board.”

Good luck. If you guys come out next year and have a great season, you’ll deserve it.
You are a rare breed my friend. I think you might find you fit in better on a site called “Reddit”

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

boilerD

Post by boilerD » April 3rd, 2024, 11:05 am

Hoot wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:02 am
boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

You are a rare breed my friend. I think you might find you fit in better on a site called “Reddit”
It’s definitely not personal. Imagine making it to the best place you’ve been in 92 years and having everyone act like nothing is good about your team except the fouls one guy draws.

In closing, I am doing all 50 states when I can. On my Utah trip I thought your town was the best thing the state had town/city wise

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 11:08 am

boilerD wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:05 am
Hoot wrote:
boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

It’s definitely not personal. Imagine making it to the best place you’ve been in 92 years and having everyone act like nothing is good about your team except the fouls one guy draws.

In closing, I am doing all 50 states when I can. On my Utah trip I thought your town was the best thing the state had town/city wise
So you’re on a one man mission to make really dumb posts in an effort to change people’s minds on the internet?

bigblue32
Pick'em Champ - '23 FB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue32 » April 3rd, 2024, 12:16 pm

Hoot wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:08 am
boilerD wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 11:05 am
Hoot wrote:
boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

So you’re on a one man mission to make really dumb posts in an effort to change people’s minds on the internet?
One post a time baby. The old fashioned way.
These users thanked the author bigblue32 for the post (total 2):
HootUSU78

twentytwocactus

Post by twentytwocactus » April 3rd, 2024, 12:34 pm

boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

so this purdue fan that made an account just to argue since every complained about horrible reffing, is strange for doing that. But I do agree with the first two sentences. So you're a weird fellow but you aren't stupid.
These users thanked the author twentytwocactus for the post:
Hoot

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » April 3rd, 2024, 12:59 pm

boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

This a great posts. This individual:
- Deservedly compliments two of our players
- States they're sick of taking s**t from conference members
- Indicates a reason why our board is better than Gonzaga's
- Highlighted some trolling on other fan boards
- Offers us some praise

This man might actually be a Purdue fan, but damnit it all if he doesn't sound like an Aggie, too.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
Hoot

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » April 3rd, 2024, 1:15 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 12:59 pm
boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

- Offers us some praise

This man might actually be a Purdue fan, but damnit it all if he doesn't sound like an Aggie, too.
Must be the land grant school connection.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » April 3rd, 2024, 1:24 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

- Offers us some praise

You are giving him credit for complaining about taking flak from conference members but he never complained about that until after we pointed out that most of the complaining about foul calls was coming from other BIG10 schools. You are giving this kid way too much credit. There are several people here I could guess at that are just trying to have fun and get a reaction. I'd guess it was SLB ("You don't watch the games") except there aren't any references to Trump or the Polls (Cue in 3, 2, 1...)

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » April 3rd, 2024, 1:26 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 1:24 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

- Offers us some praise

You are giving him credit for complaining about taking flak from conference members but he never complained about that until after we pointed out that most of the complaining about foul calls was coming from other BIG10 schools. You are giving this kid way too much credit. There are several people here I could guess at that are just trying to have fun and get a reaction. I'd guess it was SLB ("You don't watch the games") except there aren't any references to Trump or the Polls (Cue in 3, 2, 1...)
I hear if you say "sandbox" three times while looking into a mirror, you can force any thread to devolve into chaos. You're playing a dangerous game, sir.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 3rd, 2024, 1:38 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 1:26 pm
Coloraggie wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

- Offers us some praise

I hear if you say "sandbox" three times while looking into a mirror, you can force any thread to devolve into chaos. You're playing a dangerous game, sir.
What was the thread that SLB begged to be moved to the sandbox so many times that the mods eventually acquiesced and moved it?

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » April 4th, 2024, 3:17 pm

Hoot wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 1:38 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 1:26 pm
Coloraggie wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
boilerD wrote:
The Old Bull wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

- Offers us some praise

What was the thread that SLB begged to be moved to the sandbox so many times that the mods eventually acquiesced and moved it?
I'm not certain—too many sandbox confrontations with SLB means I can't really differentiate one argument from another. But I don't get on the sandbox anymore; I'll leave the prophet to his domain.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
Hoot

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » April 4th, 2024, 3:21 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
- Offers us some praise

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic