Sprinkle will gut the program

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FloridaAggie13

Sprinkle will gut the program

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:08 pm

Looks like it's a done deal.

For all the Sprinkle sycophants. Your hero is going to gut the program to the core, taking the pick of the litter and leaving the discards behind. Then, he will take the recruits with him. This means we haven't had a real recruiting class in a few years because these pieces of shyt come in here saying all the right words and phrases about long term success, claiming they want to be in an established culture with an amazing fanbase. Then they leave for programs that aren't our equal in any of those paradigms, not even close.

Do you really think we will get that lucky twice in a row? We are in for a massive rebuild. NIL money won't be there when there is this much turnover - and Sprinkle bears a lot of the blame for that when he leaves. If there is no DB II banking in threes in the final seconds, we probably aren't even in the NCAA Tournament.

I hope Sprinkles the Clown enjoys Seattle's heroin-tranq-infested streets as he hunts down the bar scene.

20Trae

Re: Sprinkle will gut the program

Post by 20Trae » March 24th, 2024, 7:11 pm

Bro, we just won our first tournament game in 23 years. Let's just enjoy it for at least a week, before we start bashing the coach that has brought us more success than we have seen this century.
These users thanked the author 20Trae for the post (total 5):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiMrBiggleflying_scotsman2.0AggieArmyAGinNEIowa

VegasBornAggie

Post by VegasBornAggie » March 24th, 2024, 7:13 pm

Bro. Chill.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:15 pm

20Trae wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:11 pm
Bro, we just won our first tournament game in 23 years. Let's just enjoy it for at least a week, before we start bashing the coach that has brought us more success than we have seen this century.
Most success this century?

You've never heard of Stew Morrill?

Sprinkle is a mercenary. I'll treat him as such. Pro tip: he doesn't give a shyt about you either, or the school, or the fans that supported him.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
SaintAggie

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » March 24th, 2024, 7:15 pm

I agree with Florida but am not as irritated about Sprinkle leaving. Unfortunately the only reason I am not as irritated is because I have lost so much love for college sports that it just doesn't hurt as bad. The whole thing is wrecked and I'm afraid it's nearing the end for some of us as fans.
These users thanked the author SaintAggie for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13NEAggie

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 24th, 2024, 7:15 pm

Touch some grass, brother.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
TrueBigBlue

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » March 24th, 2024, 7:16 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:Looks like it's a done deal.

For all the Sprinkle sycophants. Your hero is going to gut the program to the core, taking the pick of the litter and leaving the discards behind. Then, he will take the recruits with him. This means we haven't had a real recruiting class in a few years because these pieces of shyt come in here saying all the right words and phrases about long term success, claiming they want to be in an established culture with an amazing fanbase. Then they leave for programs that aren't our equal in any of those paradigms, not even close.

Do you really think we will get that lucky twice in a row? We are in for a massive rebuild. NIL money won't be there when there is this much turnover - and Sprinkle bears a lot of the blame for that when he leaves. If there is no DB II banking in threes in the final seconds, we probably aren't even in the NCAA Tournament.

I hope Sprinkles the Clown enjoys Seattle's heroin-tranq-infested streets as he hunts down the bar scene.
Show me any proof that Sprinkle would do that. You don’t even watch the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
FloridaAggie13

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:17 pm

VegasBornAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:13 pm
Bro. Chill.
Bro, he's a mercenary. He's owes me nothing and I owe him nothing. That's how he wants it.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:17 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:16 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:Looks like it's a done deal.

Show me any proof that Sprinkle would do that. You don’t even watch the games.

Well played! :cheers:

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » March 24th, 2024, 7:19 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:08 pm

Brown is gone! We keep Isaac and Mason. Those two need to be on the court all 40 minutes. If we can keep Ian and Josh, we win. I’d add, Templin has potential tool
Last edited by ChicagoAggie on March 24th, 2024, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ChicagoAggie for the post (total 2):
Aggie in Boiseusutexan

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » March 24th, 2024, 7:20 pm

The only person I’d say it’s more likely than not we keep is Johnson.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:21 pm

SaintAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:15 pm
I agree with Florida but am not as irritated about Sprinkle leaving. Unfortunately the only reason I am not as irritated is because I have lost so much love for college sports that it just doesn't hurt as bad. The whole thing is wrecked and I'm afraid it's nearing the end for some of us as fans.
That's exactly my feeling. Spot. On.

They don't care about the university, the fanbase, the support structures, the culture or history. They are all mercenaries and I will treat them a such going forward.

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » March 24th, 2024, 7:22 pm

Would have we preferred Sprinkle season one finishing 9th in conference, season 2 finishing 4th, and season 3 like this one?

Not sent from Tapatalk

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:23 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:19 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Brown is gone! We keep Isaac and Mason. Those two need to be on the court all 40 minutes. If we can keep Ian and Josh, we winn
Osobor will be gone.
Ian will be gone.
Uduje will be gone.
Good chance Sprinkles the Clown takes all three in fact.
All the recruits we were excited about will move on.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » March 24th, 2024, 7:23 pm

Intermeddler wrote:The only person I’d say it’s more likely than not we keep is Johnson.
Boo!!!!! I want to believe that Mason stays because of him being a cache valley kid. I then remind myself that he signed with the pukes out of high school. He gone!!!

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13SaintAggie

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 24th, 2024, 7:23 pm

trevordude wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:22 pm
Would have we preferred Sprinkle season one finishing 9th in conference, season 2 finishing 4th, and season 3 like this one?
Would probably have just meant a lower buyout when he left
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
trevordude

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » March 24th, 2024, 7:24 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:23 pm
Intermeddler wrote:The only person I’d say it’s more likely than not we keep is Johnson.
Boo!!!!! I want to believe that Mason stays because of him being a cache valley kid. I then remind myself that he signed with the pukes out of high school. He gone!!!

I’m not saying he’s gone for sure but from what I’ve heard I wouldn’t bet on it at even money

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 24th, 2024, 7:25 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:17 pm
VegasBornAggie wrote:
Bro. Chill.
Bro, he's a mercenary. He's owes me nothing and I owe him nothing. That's how he wants it.
It's not just the coach that is a mercenary. All the players that stop through here for 1, maybe 2, seasons are as well. There is no loyalty to a school outside of a few, rare cases. This is the new landscape of college sports. The fans care much, much more than the coaches and players. Sure, the coaches and players want to win, but they don't care about the school or the tradition - they care about the paycheck and the recognition. As a professional in any industry, you should always be looking to improve yourself and the situation for your family. Mercenaries don't care who is paying them - they just want to be paid.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Eutaw St. Aggie

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 24th, 2024, 7:26 pm

Mid Major college sports will never be the same. No more Jaycee Carrolls, no more Stews. Mid Majors feel destined to fight for scraps. College sports was ruined with money. Sad state we are in.
These users thanked the author kofdog for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13AggiePT

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:27 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:25 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:
Bro. Chill.
It's not just the coach that is a mercenary. All the players that stop through here for 1, maybe 2, seasons are as well. There is no loyalty to a school outside of a few, rare cases. This is the new landscape of college sports. The fans care much, much more than the coaches and players. Sure, the coaches and players want to win, but they don't care about the school or the tradition - they care about the paycheck and the recognition. As a professional in any industry, you should always be looking to improve yourself and the situation for your family. Mercenaries don't care who is paying them - they just want to be paid.
Agree, they all are. What was special about college sports has been tossed aside. I can't stand the NBA, NFL or MLB. College sports is now the same but with lesser players.

Maybe time to turn it off for good like I did with the professional leagues.
Aggie in Boise

jackattack

Post by jackattack » March 24th, 2024, 7:28 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Bro, chill.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:29 pm

jackattack wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:28 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Bro, chill.
Bro, he's a mercenary. He can take it.

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » March 24th, 2024, 7:30 pm

kofdog wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:26 pm
Mid Major college sports will never be the same. No more Jaycee Carrolls, no more Stews. Mid Majors feel destined to fight for scraps. College sports was ruined with money. Sad state we are in.
NIL was the first cut. No transfer rule was the critical blow. I'm all for players getting paid. However, now every player is on a one year contract and can move each year to the highest bidder. College sports are just minor league teams now - except they want the fans to pay the salary.
These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post (total 2):
SaintAggieFloridaAggie13

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 24th, 2024, 7:30 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:27 pm
Yossarian wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:25 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
VegasBornAggie wrote:
Bro. Chill.
Agree, they all are. What was special about college sports has been tossed aside. I can't stand the NBA, NFL or MLB. College sports is now the same but with lesser players.

Maybe time to turn it off for good like I did with the professional leagues.
The sad thing is - the NIL is now trickling to the high school level. It will start with those private schools open enrollment. But it will extend to public schools. Don't be surprised if you see high school kids getting big NIL money.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Aggiesbleedblue

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » March 24th, 2024, 7:34 pm

And whatever coach we hire will do the same to his program and bring his best players here. Last year we had no idea who Great Osobor and Darius Brown II were. We will be fine
These users thanked the author Aggiesbleedblue for the post:
Full

jackattack

Post by jackattack » March 24th, 2024, 7:35 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:29 pm
jackattack wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Bro, chill.

I’m just worried about you holding onto all that bitterness… not good for the soul. I’ll definitely be disappointed if he leaves. I really wish we could hire a coach who wants to build something special here.
These users thanked the author jackattack for the post:
MrBiggle

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 24th, 2024, 7:35 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:30 pm
kofdog wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:26 pm
NIL was the first cut. No transfer rule was the critical blow. I'm all for players getting paid. However, now every player is on a one year contract and can move each year to the highest bidder. College sports are just minor league teams now - except they want the fans to pay the salary.
Right, can you image is the Jazz called you to try and help pay to keep Donovan in Utah? It’s a crazy thought if you go there, just how crazy NIL really is.
These users thanked the author kofdog for the post:
Aggie in Boise

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:39 pm

jackattack wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:35 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
jackattack wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Bro, chill.

I’m just worried about you holding onto all that bitterness… not good for the soul. I’ll definitely be disappointed if he leaves. I really wish we could hire a coach who wants to build something special here.
I'm sure I'll be fine! :cheers:
jackattack

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 24th, 2024, 7:44 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:39 pm
jackattack wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
jackattack wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Bro, chill.

A laxative and sleeping pill is all you need.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
FloridaAggie13

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 7:46 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:44 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
jackattack wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
jackattack wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Bro, chill.

Ooh, I'm staying away from this conversation. I've seen where this ends up.
Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now...
Aggie in Boise

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 24th, 2024, 7:57 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:46 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:44 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
jackattack wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
jackattack wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Bro, chill.

Ooh, I'm staying away from this conversation. I've seen where this ends up.
Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now...
Especially if Hoot is involved.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
FloridaAggie13

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Chatman

Post by Chatman » March 24th, 2024, 8:01 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Gut the program? Leave us with no returning players? Oh no! How will we ever recover?

aggieaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by aggieaggie » March 24th, 2024, 8:06 pm

Danny’s sprinklers will not be needed in Seattle.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 24th, 2024, 8:07 pm

Chatman wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 8:01 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Gut the program? Leave us with no returning players? Oh no! How will we ever recover?
Do you think what happened this year is repeatable? New coach, no returning players, then win the MWC and win in the NCAA? Nope. Far more often than not, this would be an eight- or nine-win season at the beginning of a rebuild.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » March 24th, 2024, 8:09 pm

Honestly, if there was one situation when players should always be allowed to transfer with no penalty, it's when a coach leaves. Back in the day, Stanford hired an absolutely horrible women's soccer coach. The entire team wanted to transfer but couldn't under the old rules. He ended up being fired a year later because he was physically abusing his players. Do we really want to live in a world where athletes are trapped into that type of situation just because we don't want our favorite players to leave while we sit on the couch and forget about them as soon as the game is over?

If Sprinkle leaves, he will probably take a lot of players with him, and I'm fine with that. They signed up to play for Sprinkle, not for Utah State necessarily. If they want to keep playing with Sprinkle, they should be able to do that. The new coach will bring in his own guys. Maybe I'm a horrible defeatist fan, but I want players on the team who actually want to be here, not players who are forced to be here playing for a coach they didn't want to play for.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic