In the current environment

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FeartheFro

In the current environment

Post by FeartheFro » March 25th, 2024, 7:41 am

What is more critical? A great coach or a great recruiter. Nice to have both but which is more critical? With a gun to my head, I’m not sure which I choose. Danny was pretty good in both. I do think he was out-coached a number of times and benefited from an extremely savvy point guard. He proved he can recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ratofallaggies

Re: In the current environment

Post by ratofallaggies » March 25th, 2024, 7:46 am

FeartheFro wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 7:41 am
What is more critical? A great coach or a great recruiter. Nice to have both but which is more critical? With a gun to my head, I’m not sure which I choose. Danny was pretty good in both. I do think he was out-coached a number of times and benefited from an extremely savvy point guard. He proved he can recruit.

DS is a great coach and has a solid staff for recruiting. By contrast, Duryea was a great recruiter but not so great head coach. You need both.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post:
AngusAg

bwcrc

Re: In the current environment

Post by bwcrc » March 25th, 2024, 7:46 am

FeartheFro wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 7:41 am

Sounds somewhat like a Duryea v. Smith debate.

I think we all enjoyed the Smith years over the Duryea years.
These users thanked the author bwcrc for the post:
LarryTheAggie

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic