Let Me Set the Record Straight

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Let Me Set the Record Straight

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2024, 1:13 pm

Something somewhere along the line with Tod Kowalczyk changed. I spoke with FOUR non-USU, unrelated sources who were all SURE it was going to be Tod Kowalczyk. Coaches from other schools talk, athletic department people from other schools talk, agents talk, and people talk. I spent nearly 2 days working the phones, DMs, etc. I don't make $hit up. I never have. I don't have the luxury of being anonymous. Between this, the "Aggies22 was wrong" thread, and having Doug Hoffman curse me out and call me names over the phone over the Josh Davis emergency, I'm ready to give this $hit up. File this one under the "Aggies22 was wrong" thread.
Last edited by aggies22 on March 30th, 2024, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 49):
BigBlueDartratofallaggiesnewtonianblueAggie84025Aggie702Real Life AggieStanfordAggieaggieguy13EngineeringAggieOrangeCountyAggie and 39 more users

ratofallaggies

Re: Let Me Set the Record Straight

Post by ratofallaggies » March 29th, 2024, 1:14 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:13 pm
Something somewhere along the line with Tod Kowalczyk changed. I spoke with FOUR non-USU, unrelated sources who were all SURE it was going to be Tod Kowalczyk. Coaches from other schools talk, athletic department people from other schools talk, agents talk, and people talk. I spent nearly 2 days working the phones, DMs, etc. I don't make $hit up. I never have. I don't have the luxury of being anonymous. Between this, the "Aggies22 was wrong" thread, and having Doug Hoffman curse me out and call me names over the phone over the Josh Davis emergency, I'm ready to give this $hit up. File this one under the Aggie22 was wrong thread.
You're a better man than I.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 4):
Real Life AggieAggie in BoiseBlue SageAngusAg

cval

Post by cval » March 29th, 2024, 1:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
Something somewhere along the line with Tod Kowalczyk changed. I spoke with FOUR non-USU, unrelated sources who were all SURE it was going to be Tod Kowalczyk. Coaches from other schools talk, athletic department people from other schools talk, agents talk, and people talk. I spent nearly 2 days working the phones, DMs, etc. I don't make $hit up. I never have. I don't have the luxury of being anonymous. Between this, the "Aggies22 was wrong" thread, and having Doug Hoffman curse me out and call me names over the phone over the Josh Davis emergency, I'm ready to give this $hit up. File this one under the Aggie22 was wrong thread.
Don’t let the weak minded get to you. Keep up the good work.
These users thanked the author cval for the post (total 5):
tjensen_25ereksonaggie95Blue SageAggieFBObsessionJSHarvey

Cuchelain

Post by Cuchelain » March 29th, 2024, 1:16 pm

Aggies22, everyone is wrong sometimes but in my experience you are right more than anyone else on this board and I always trust the information you bring to the board. Brush it off my aggie brother. :thumbsup:
These users thanked the author Cuchelain for the post (total 2):
ereksonaggie95JSHarvey

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » March 29th, 2024, 1:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
I think you've more than earned the benefit of the doubt on here. I can't wait for the 30 for 30 documentary on this coaching search. It's been all over the place....well, at least all over Ohio.
These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post (total 2):
ereksonaggie95bob thomposn

newtonianblue

Post by newtonianblue » March 29th, 2024, 1:17 pm

File this under you did good with the info you had, and the overly anxious handwringers around here should take a deep breath. We will be good when all is said and done. Thanks for what you do Brian 👏
These users thanked the author newtonianblue for the post (total 3):
AgliciousJSHarveyKraken

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 29th, 2024, 1:18 pm

aggies22 wrote:
If you go, I go. You're the only insider I trust. I agree, something didn't smell right yesterday with how it all went down. And Doug Hoffman can go fall in a well as far as I'm concerned. That dude has been the smelly dish rag on the AD counter for far too long and Sabau would do well to drop the dead weight.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
AgliciousAggieFBObsessionbigblue32

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » March 29th, 2024, 1:21 pm

We appreciate the info. It appears people in the AD are indecisive or your sources are prone to gossiping before a decision has been finalized, people who blame you for this are idiots
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21ereksonaggie95

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:23 pm

aggies22 wrote:
The people who aren't whiney **tchers on this site know you're a legit, trustworthy dude. The fact that you said it was definitely him and that news has now changed doesn't reflect poorly on you, imo. It just shows that the process is crazy. I think we can all remember how Coach Smith turned down the U definitively... until they changed the entire situation by drowning him in cash. You didn't lose any credibility then, and you didn't lose any credibility now.

But, then again, I'm not the guy on here slamming our AD, or asking for crazy unenforceable contract clauses, or saying our players couldn't hack it at a higher level. I think those amongst us who are least in touch with reality might be getting to you. Screw 'em (figuratively).
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 4):
Aggie84025bluegrousetjensen_25CodingAggieBlue

AggiePharm

Post by AggiePharm » March 29th, 2024, 1:24 pm

If something you report ends up being incorrect, I never assume it's because you made something up or got bad intel. You've earned that respect. These things are so fluid and can change so fast. All it takes is for 1 extra candidate to express interest or additional information to come up and then everyone was "wrong". Even Rothstein reported this one as essentially done, so something weird happened behind closed doors.

Most of us don't hold this against you at all. Some just get a little too emotionally reactionary in times like this. Thanks for your efforts and passion. This site wouldn't have near this level of engagement without you.
These users thanked the author AggiePharm for the post (total 5):
bluegrousehipsterdoofus21ereksonaggie95AgliciousKraken

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 29th, 2024, 1:24 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:18 pm
aggies22 wrote:
If you go, I go. You're the only insider I trust. I agree, something didn't smell right yesterday with how it all went down. And Doug Hoffman can go fall in a well as far as I'm concerned. That dude has been the smelly dish rag on the AD counter for far too long and Sabau would do well to drop the dead weight.
Aggies22 - you're the Norman Dale to hipster's Jimmy Chitwood.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21mcaggie1

Eutaw St. Aggie

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 29th, 2024, 1:25 pm

Seems like a classic case of ol Mrs. Kowalczyk going to Mr. Kowalczyk and saying “Please don’t move me and uproot our kids to Utah. We love it here and want to stay.” And he relented.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21CacheCow

garyismyhomeboy

Post by garyismyhomeboy » March 29th, 2024, 1:27 pm

Yo 22… you are the reason we come. Don’t let dingleberries dagger you. You don’t hide. You do your best.

You are appreciated.

$%#\ national reporters said the same thing.

https://www.hjnews.com/allaccess/logan- ... ea680.html
These users thanked the author garyismyhomeboy for the post:
EngineeringAggie

SLB

Post by SLB » March 29th, 2024, 1:28 pm

aggies22 wrote:
I don't doubt you, and I figured that there was confusion going on which could lead you to the wrong conclusion.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:28 pm

Things can change fast. Nobody blames you 22! Keep working your sources and drop insight when you can. You have our respect! The Tod Kowalczyk turn will just be a bigger part of the story.

Side note I interned under Hoffman back in the day and can tell you his predessor was WAY better. Also AL Lewis is kind of a duche in person (at least to media interns) but I'm still a huge fan.

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:30 pm

The only thing you could/should/maybe change is explain why you are confident in your report like you did in this thread (at least for substantive stories). At the end of the day, most of us realize you may be wrong and are giving us your best educated guesstimate and if you are wrong, it isn't because you didn't do your job or were just making stuff up, it's because something happened.
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post:
AgMac

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:31 pm

From what I can tell @aggies22 is always super professional, and he will always correct himself if he is wrong. I will read any post that has his comments in it because I respect his thoughts. I also feel like there are few people with as much Aggie pride as 22.
These users thanked the author EngineeringAggie for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionKraken

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 29th, 2024, 1:31 pm

aggies22 wrote:
Appreciate all you do. Sad that some on this board have driven you to feel that a thread like this is even necessary.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 4):
ereksonaggie95vegasaggieAgliciousAggieFBObsession

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:34 pm

I said in the other thread and I stand by it that I believe any info 22 puts out is accurate when it's put out. Nobody can control if something changes behind the scenes at the last minute.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Bluestar

Post by Bluestar » March 29th, 2024, 1:36 pm

Hey 22, I've always admired your accuracy and insights in this forum. We're all here to learn and share information together. Keep up the great work and keep on a posting!
These users thanked the author Bluestar for the post:
SectionBAggie

PTAggie

Post by PTAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:36 pm

I'm a lurker here, but love the board. You're a big part of that to me. Thanks for what you do 22.

2011AggieGrad

Post by 2011AggieGrad » March 29th, 2024, 1:38 pm

I'm another lurker that really appreciates what you bring to the board! Don't give it up! Thanks 22 for all the time and effort you put into keeping us in the know!

SLB

Post by SLB » March 29th, 2024, 1:39 pm

This was the first cycle of news where media people who were truly completely convinced of 2 different coaches were the next head coach which means confusion. 22 is being more professional and doing his best in the madness of the news cycle.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:40 pm

I will say that even if he is ready to "give this s**t up" when it comes to what he knows with this search, as well as other times in the future we have openings for the AD and head football and basketball coaches, he should still continue to report what he knows about smaller things that are the head coach's call. Things like who will be starting, out with injuries, back from an injury for a game, position changes that are or aren't happening, or changes with assistant coaches cause he is fairly accurate there.

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:42 pm

I will just say that I have always appreciated your Aggie support and knowledge on this board. Please, for the majority of us fans that come here for our Aggie info, we appreciate immensely what you bring to this Aggie family!
These users thanked the author RigAggie for the post (total 2):
CivEngAggieAggiefan33

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:42 pm

Appreciate all you do man!
Doug Hoffman can suck a fat one!
These users thanked the author GordoAggie for the post (total 2):
JFWAggie2004AG

whiteboykevin

Post by whiteboykevin » March 29th, 2024, 1:45 pm

You're probably a great person, I don't know you but sorry you feel like people are mad. I just think it's fair for anyone on here to call out someone that posts and also tweets "100% confirmed" on something that was obviously not 100% and/or. Goes for any other person. It's not that serious.
These users thanked the author whiteboykevin for the post (total 2):
GreenAgAgMac

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:46 pm

Are you paid by the university? If not who gives a (I can't express myself without swearing) what Hoffman thinks, he’s an arrogant (I can't express myself without swearing). As far as your post, you can only share what you hear, and I appreciate it, I know you do not make this (I can't express myself without swearing) up. I may disagree at time with your personal opinions or analysis of players, etc…. Your information about usu However I will never doubt, please continue on as you are!!
Last edited by JFWAggie on March 29th, 2024, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post (total 3):
AgliciousAggieFBObsessionBigBlueAggie

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » March 29th, 2024, 1:47 pm

I’ve heard rumors that this website is going to go down to be updated in the offseason. Maybe now is a good time to get that done. Only half-joking.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 29th, 2024, 1:48 pm

Never once crossed my mind that you made something up or didn’t do your due diligence. Just assumed something changed or that you were given bad information by multiple sources. You’re one of the very few reasons I come to this board anymore. Keep up the good work.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
stwinward

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » March 29th, 2024, 1:49 pm

aggies22 wrote:
Dude you are why I even come here. I appreciate the info you have given. Don’t let thumb sucking Monday morning QB’s give you crap. I trust you more than ANY other source. Keep it up!
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post:
ereksonaggie95

#hornsup!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 29th, 2024, 1:52 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:31 pm
From what I can tell @aggies22 is always super professional, and he will always correct himself if he is wrong. I will read any post that has his comments in it because I respect his thoughts. I also feel like there are few people with as much Aggie pride as 22.
Yeah you didn't see Jeff Goodman apologize.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 4):
SLBAggie84025bluegrouseAggieFBObsession

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 29th, 2024, 1:55 pm

GordoAggie wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:42 pm
Appreciate all you do man!
Poetic given your handle. :golfclap:
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
GordoAggieAggieFBObsession

ususports

Post by ususports » March 29th, 2024, 1:58 pm

GordoAggie wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:42 pm
I have heard Kenny Smith likes to do that too.

thrashsoundly

Post by thrashsoundly » March 29th, 2024, 1:58 pm

We also still have no confirmation that 22 was wrong, so he still may have it right. There might have just been a delay. If Sabau actually gets on the radio, then we may get some insight into what's going on.
These users thanked the author thrashsoundly for the post (total 2):
bigblue32Blue Sage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic