#nobodycares

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Heathen

#nobodycares

Post by Heathen » April 2nd, 2024, 3:24 pm

Hey, we can probably put this post in the #nobodycares category. I have seen a lot of newly created accounts, including mine. Rather than everyone assume this is a sockpuppet/troll/temporary account, I'll introduce myself.

I am a second generation Aggie and am proud to be currently sponsoring a third generation Aggie. I live in the Northeast because nobody who knows me out west will give me a job and because I want to be as far from BYU as possible (also a second generation BYU hater - it's not personal, BYU is just gross).

I have lurked on this board and its predecessor for over 20-years. Maybe I am having a midlife crisis and since I can't get a motorcycle (the roads here are crap) and can't have an affair (I don't have any game or "rizz," as the kids call it), I'll just create a message board account to communicate online with anonymous fans of my alma mater. A few quick details, in case you care.

I'm crankier than SeldomSeenSmith
I have a better memory than GFA
I have more money than Archie
I drink harder than ViAggie
I'm more optimistic about our roster than SLB
I know more about running back speed than QuackAttackAggie
I've been a fan longer than mcaggie
I pick up the phone more than RGinSLC
I'm smarter than StanfordAggie thinks he is
I spend more time in the Sandbox than USU78

Oh, and no offense to anyone I just mentioned - just having fun. Unless you want to be offended, in which case, go Aggies!
These users thanked the author Heathen for the post (total 21):
Winning TeamAggies1888ColoraggieAggie formerly in HawaiiutaggiesHootStanfordAggieBluestarAggie in BoiseRoy McAvoy and 11 more users

LarryTheAggie

Re: #nobodycares

Post by LarryTheAggie » April 2nd, 2024, 3:27 pm

Heathen wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 3:24 pm
Hey, we can probably put this post in the #nobodycares category. I have seen a lot of newly created accounts, including mine. Rather than everyone assume this is a sockpuppet/troll/temporary account, I'll introduce myself.

I am a second generation Aggie and am proud to be currently sponsoring a third generation Aggie. I live in the Northeast because nobody who knows me out west will give me a job and because I want to be as far from BYU as possible (also a second generation BYU hater - it's not personal, BYU is just gross).

I have lurked on this board and its predecessor for over 20-years. Maybe I am having a midlife crisis and since I can't get a motorcycle (the roads here are crap) and can't have an affair (I don't have any game or "rizz," as the kids call it), I'll just create a message board account to communicate online with anonymous fans of my alma mater. A few quick details, in case you care.

Oh, and no offense to anyone I just mentioned - just having fun. Unless you want to be offended, in which case, go Aggies!
Okay, but are you as good infront of a Webcam as @FloridaAggie13?
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post (total 3):
ColoraggieFloridaAggie13MrBiggle

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 2nd, 2024, 3:40 pm

Heathen wrote:

Whoa, you know this board.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Heathen

usugoalie13

Post by usugoalie13 » April 2nd, 2024, 3:40 pm

Heathen wrote:

You had me until you said a better memory than GFA. That's a lie and you know it.
These users thanked the author usugoalie13 for the post (total 4):
HeathenProvoAggietrevordudeNAggsty Butler

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » April 2nd, 2024, 3:43 pm

Heathen wrote:

I'm very well aware of the fact that I am very dumb, so you set a pretty low bar. :)
These users thanked the author StanfordAggie for the post:
Heathen

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 2nd, 2024, 3:44 pm

Hi Heathen, I’m Hoot.

I’m four years sober…

Honestly though, I am glad that you have a degree of humility to not try to claim to do anything better than me. No one out-Hoots the Hoot. Just ask your mother.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Heathen

Post by Heathen » April 2nd, 2024, 3:46 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 3:40 pm
Heathen wrote:

Sorry, I should have added, I can derail a thread faster than hipster

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » April 2nd, 2024, 3:48 pm

Heathen wrote:

Is that really you @sockpuppet ? Why am I not surprised?

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 2nd, 2024, 3:50 pm

Heathen wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 3:46 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Heathen wrote:

Who me? I can do a lot in 30 seconds.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » April 2nd, 2024, 3:51 pm

Hoot wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 3:44 pm
Hi Heathen, I’m Hoot.

I’m four years sober…

Honestly though, I am glad that you have a degree of humility to not try to claim to do anything better than me. No one out-Hoots the Hoot. Just ask your mother.
Your mom, Crow, knows that better than anyone else.

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 2nd, 2024, 3:53 pm

Heathen wrote:

Great post. I just have one question. The sandbox can't be access by someone not signed in so....maybe you really are a dupe account?? :headscratch:
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21MrBiggle

kofdog

Post by kofdog » April 2nd, 2024, 3:55 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 3:50 pm
Heathen wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Heathen wrote:

TMI

Heathen

Post by Heathen » April 2nd, 2024, 4:17 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 3:53 pm
Great post. I just have one question. The sandbox can't be access by someone not signed in so....maybe you really are a dupe account?? :headscratch:
Valid point, except that wasn't always the case, I don't think? That fact that '78 is in sandbox is just part of my knowledge base somehow. :noidea:
These users thanked the author Heathen for the post:
USU78

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » April 2nd, 2024, 4:28 pm

Heathen wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 4:17 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 3:53 pm
Valid point, except that wasn't always the case, I don't think? That fact that '78 is in sandbox is just part of my knowledge base somehow. :noidea:
Speaking of which, when you paying me back that $50 I fronted you?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » April 2nd, 2024, 4:32 pm

Heathen wrote:

but can you win more Pick'em and Predict the Score contests than QAA?

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 2nd, 2024, 4:36 pm

@Roy McAvoy with some major sleuthing right there. Glad to have you back AggieIceCream. I guess your thesis isn't quite done yet.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
Hoot

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 2nd, 2024, 4:37 pm

Heathen wrote:

Seriously though, welcome aboard. :cheers:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 2nd, 2024, 4:38 pm

Nobody pounds a 4Loko in the hot tub like @ViAggie
ViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 2nd, 2024, 4:46 pm

NVAggie wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 4:38 pm
Nobody pounds a 4Loko in the hot tub like @ViAggie

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » April 2nd, 2024, 9:39 pm

How do you look in Lycra?
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 2):
NAggsty ButlerLKGates

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 2nd, 2024, 10:11 pm

These damn britbox commercials have me Pavlov'd into thinking "Before he became Cary Grant, Hollywood's leading man" anytime I see or hear the word Archie.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
ViAggie

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » April 2nd, 2024, 10:20 pm

Heathen wrote:

Oh great another Stunner sock

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » April 2nd, 2024, 10:52 pm

NVAggie wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 4:36 pm
@Roy McAvoy with some major sleuthing right there. Glad to have you back AggieIceCream. I guess your thesis isn't quite done yet.
What have I missed?

LKGates

Post by LKGates » April 3rd, 2024, 12:42 am

Stunner! Good to see you bringing some Spirit, Honor, Integrity, and Tradition to the board! So, are you going to be a New Mexico fan now, with Bishop Mendenhall coaching Los Lobos?
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post:
USU78

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

Heathen

Post by Heathen » April 3rd, 2024, 4:43 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 9:39 pm
I didn't really know lycra outfits were a thing until I went to our game @AFA in 2013 and sat near some guy in a blue full bodysuit. I was a little scared. It was a hot day, so I knew he was either very committed or entirely nuts. Maybe both. I assume this was you?

Heathen

Post by Heathen » April 3rd, 2024, 7:35 am

LKGates wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 12:42 am
Stunner! Good to see you bringing some Spirit, Honor, Integrity, and Tradition to the board! So, are you going to be a New Mexico fan now, with Bishop Mendenhall coaching Los Lobos?
I guess I should have expected this. If my writing style mirrors Stunner, then I guess need counselling. Let me add a few details to establish my bona fides as an authentic Aggie.
  • I was a USU athlete in the 90s. We lifted weights in a weight room attached to an orthopedic surgery center adjacent to the track.
    I got hooked on Aggie basketball at a late night ESPN game in 1992 against Rutgers, which we won. I was a big fan of Goodman. I was still in high school and sat in Kimber Hall's seats.
    I remember when the curved road going from Aggie Blvd down to the bottom of Old Main Hill was actually a straight shot steep hill of death down 7th North.
    I have been to the "Nunnery" without being held at gunpoint.
    I know saying the name "Andy Anderson" could trigger PTSD in decades of pre-med and biology students.
    I lived in the same building at University Pines apartments as then Aggie QB and current sports psychology consultant Riley Jensen.
    I hate Jerry Green.
    I have made purchases at 3 separate Al's Sporting Goods locations in Logan.
    I have attended a church meeting at the "Golden Toaster"
So take your Stunner theories and shove them. Respectfully. :)

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » April 3rd, 2024, 7:38 am

You're trying too hard. Lurkers starting to post don't try this hard.
Heathen

Heathen

Post by Heathen » April 3rd, 2024, 7:48 am

NVAggie wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 7:38 am
You're trying too hard. Lurkers starting to post don't try this hard.
If you say so. :noidea:

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » April 3rd, 2024, 8:35 am

Heathen wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 4:43 am
BigBlueDart wrote:
I didn't really know lycra outfits were a thing until I went to our game @AFA in 2013 and sat near some guy in a blue full bodysuit. I was a little scared. It was a hot day, so I knew he was either very committed or entirely nuts. Maybe both. I assume this was you?
Oooooooooooohhhhh! It's jackmormon!

Aggiefan160

Post by Aggiefan160 » April 3rd, 2024, 8:49 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 2nd, 2024, 3:50 pm
Heathen wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Heathen wrote:

That's what she said.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 3rd, 2024, 9:24 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 8:35 am
Heathen wrote:
BigBlueDart wrote:
RIP Jack Image
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 4):
NVAggiebigblue32ProvoAggieBigBlueDart

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » April 3rd, 2024, 9:51 am

ViAggie wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 9:24 am
BigBlueDart wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 8:35 am
Heathen wrote:
BigBlueDart wrote:
RIP Jack Image
Crap. I forgot. :disappointed:

I guess there were probably a few other Aggies around there, though we were pretty isolated where we were sitting.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post:
bigblue32

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic