Jordy Barnes

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
IdaAg93

Re: Jordy Barnes

Post by IdaAg93 » May 2nd, 2024, 5:53 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 12:49 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 12:27 pm
I wish Jordy would have had more time to find better options. We are royally (I can't express myself without swearing) him over.
Yeah. I only see the surface level here, but it bothers me how this played out.
How this played out with the limited information we have, probably. An incoming freshman or some of these kids who's played a lot of D1 ball just might be a better get than JB. We get to enjoy the ride.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » May 2nd, 2024, 7:19 am

FeartheFro wrote:
May 1st, 2024, 8:53 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 2:49 pm
Loyalty is a two way street. I get why kids get yanked around by the process and I also get why they yank schools around by leaving. You cant have it both ways. If you have the right to counsel kids out and cancel scholarships it is hard to be upset when they decide to leave when they decide it is their best move. Same with coaches, they know they can easily be fired for a bad year or two which contributes to them leaving when their stock is high. Hope it works out for Barnes and Grant.
Barnes has shown nothing but loyalty to USU up to this point
Out of curiosity what other schools have been pursuing Jordy? To remain loyal to us means he has had to tell others no. Who are these others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A couple of factors here to consider:

1. Jordy was a long-time commit for us (twice), which means that he turned down quite a bit of attention on him when others on his travel team were getting plenty of offers. Even still, I can say he had confirmed interest from Vermont, UVU, Weber, and a few Ivy League schools.

2. He's a legacy Aggie, and has been a passionate fan of where his dad played and he was committed to play (twice) for far longer than basically every recruit we've ever had. As far as I can tell, it was a significant deal to him to get the USU offer and he wasn't terribly interested in picking up 20+ offers like some guys in the AAU circuit (which he could've done, given his credentials).

Have we sufficiently evidenced his loyalty for FearTheFro to bless him?
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
aggies22

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » May 2nd, 2024, 7:47 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:
Loyalty is a two way street. I get why kids get yanked around by the process and I also get why they yank schools around by leaving. You cant have it both ways. If you have the right to counsel kids out and cancel scholarships it is hard to be upset when they decide to leave when they decide it is their best move. Same with coaches, they know they can easily be fired for a bad year or two which contributes to them leaving when their stock is high. Hope it works out for Barnes and Grant.
Out of curiosity what other schools have been pursuing Jordy? To remain loyal to us means he has had to tell others no. Who are these others?

1. Jordy was a long-time commit for us (twice), which means that he turned down quite a bit of attention on him when others on his travel team were getting plenty of offers. Even still, I can say he had confirmed interest from Vermont, UVU, Weber, and a few Ivy League schools.

2. He's a legacy Aggie, and has been a passionate fan of where his dad played and he was committed to play (twice) for far longer than basically every recruit we've ever had. As far as I can tell, it was a significant deal to him to get the USU offer and he wasn't terribly interested in picking up 20+ offers like some guys in the AAU circuit (which he could've done, given his credentials).

Weird response. I loved the information you provided in your first two paragraphs which I have never heard before. I was genuinely curious about other interest he has received which seemed like a legitimate question based on the fact that he has been so loyal to us. I know Matt and would love for Jordy to play at Utah state. With that said, I did state that I didn’t think he or the Hill kid from Oregon were ready to come in and start next year at Utah State. I also mentioned one time about watching a state game that he did not play very well and I left underwhelmed. Not sure what agenda you think I have or why you followed up such good info with such a condescending response. Don’t know who you are but if you are in any way related to Kendall please let him know he is in my top 5 favorite Aggies of all time.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 2nd, 2024, 7:51 am

FeartheFro wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 7:47 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

Weird response. I loved the information you provided in your first two paragraphs which I have never heard before. I was genuinely curious about other interest he has received which seemed like a legitimate question based on the fact that he has been so loyal to us. I know Matt and would love for Jordy to play at Utah state. With that said, I did state that I didn’t think he or the Hill kid from Oregon were ready to come in and start next year at Utah State. I also mentioned one time about watching a state game that he did not play very well and I left underwhelmed. Not sure what agenda you think I have or why you followed up such good info with such a condescending response. Don’t know who you are but if you are in any way related to Kendall please let him know he is in my top 5 favorite Aggies of all time.

And so @YoungBloodAggie joins @FeartheFro ’s “People to Kill” list.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » May 2nd, 2024, 8:38 am

Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

And so [mention]YoungBloodAggie[/mention] joins [mention]FeartheFro[/mention] ’s “People to Kill” list.
I don’t doubt you or deny putting together such a list, but can you remind me what you are referring to?

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 2nd, 2024, 10:15 am

FeartheFro wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 8:38 am
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

I don’t doubt you or deny putting together such a list, but can you remind me what you are referring to?

A couple weeks back over in the sandbox you posted that you were adding me to a list of people you wanted to cyberbully off the forum. I just changed it to “People to Kill” as a reference to Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » May 2nd, 2024, 10:50 am

Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

A couple weeks back over in the sandbox you posted that you were adding me to a list of people you wanted to cyberbully off the forum. I just changed it to “People to Kill” as a reference to Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison.
Ok, I understand. I was surprised that I referred to something as a kill list. I’m all in on cyber bullying but not killing!! Surprised you were on my list. You seem fairly open minded. I thought my list ONLY included closed minded people.

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 2nd, 2024, 10:53 am

FeartheFro wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 10:50 am
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

Ok, I understand. I was surprised that I referred to something as a kill list. I’m all in on cyber bullying but not killing!! Surprised you were on my list. You seem fairly open minded. I thought my list ONLY included closed minded people.

You’d be surprised just how many lists I’m on. A side effect of subscribing to Florida’s onlyfans no doubt.
FloridaAggie13

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » May 2nd, 2024, 12:53 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

Hoot is very closed minded on things pertaining to Val Kilmer, and if BA is a good football coach. He definitely should be on your list

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » May 2nd, 2024, 1:04 pm

sam tingey wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

Hoot is very closed minded on things pertaining to Val Kilmer, and if BA is a good football coach. He definitely should be on your list
Done!

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 2nd, 2024, 1:38 pm

sam tingey wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 12:53 pm
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

Lies! Deception! I’ve been very open minded on a lot of Val Kilmer’s later work. It hasn’t been easy but I’ve been trying. I’m going to watch the Directors cut of twixt at some point which is supposed to be a much better movie.

As for Blake, he’s a good recruiter at the skill position but his head is too far up his own hind end to be consistently effective as a head man. Dude needs to hire a real QB coach.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 2nd, 2024, 3:15 pm

Hoot wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 10:53 am
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

You’d be surprised just how many lists I’m on. A side effect of subscribing to Florida’s onlyfans no doubt.
I'm creating a virtual "Deadpool" on my site. Just waiting for the blood sukking lawyers to sign off. Your still banned - not my doing, it's more of an NSA thing now. Something about you fomenting the overthrow of a small east African country? Anyhoo, I don't suppose you'd be willing to change your name to 'Julio'? One of the members simply vanished into thin air a few months ago but didn't cancel his monthly debit charge. His username was "Bordersareforskkers46" You can slide into his spot.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 2nd, 2024, 3:21 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 3:15 pm
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

I'm creating a virtual "Deadpool" on my site. Just waiting for the blood sukking lawyers to sign off. Your still banned - not my doing, it's more of an NSA thing now. Something about you fomenting the overthrow of a small east African country? Anyhoo, I don't suppose you'd be willing to change your name to 'Julio'? One of the members simply vanished into thin air a few months ago but didn't cancel his monthly debit charge. His username was "Bordersareforskkers46" You can slide into his spot.
That’s the last time I make a Facebook page for my global schemes. Julio was my point man on that. We met during one of your livestreams actually. I’ll take the account since he certainly won’t be needing it anymore.

On a totally unrelated note, what percentage of a persons dismembered body would a warlord need to send you before you feel ok having a funeral for said person? Is head and chest enough or do you wait for more than that?
FloridaAggie13

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 2nd, 2024, 4:59 pm

Hoot wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 3:21 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

That’s the last time I make a Facebook page for my global schemes. Julio was my point man on that. We met during one of your livestreams actually. I’ll take the account since he certainly won’t be needing it anymore.

On a totally unrelated note, what percentage of a persons dismembered body would a warlord need to send you before you feel ok having a funeral for said person? Is head and chest enough or do you wait for more than that?
Completely hypothetical of course, not that I have any direct experience in the matter, just thinking out loud, I would at least need a head but I'd prefer head and teeth so I can check dental records. Limbs, fingers and toes...meh, they could be anybody's. Once, some friends and I working with the local government in Burma, trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders using precious stones. It eventually turned into an artful game of seduction; we'd deliver rubies, they'd reply with a toe or a knuckle. It was interesting. Some men, just want to watch the world burn.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
Hoot

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 2nd, 2024, 5:35 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 4:59 pm
Hoot wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

Completely hypothetical of course, not that I have any direct experience in the matter, just thinking out loud, I would at least need a head but I'd prefer head and teeth so I can check dental records. Limbs, fingers and toes...meh, they could be anybody's. Once, some friends and I working with the local government in Burma, trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders using precious stones. It eventually turned into an artful game of seduction; we'd deliver rubies, they'd reply with a toe or a knuckle. It was interesting. Some men, just want to watch the world burn.
What if there’s no teeth because they were ripped out and the space filled with the guys own mutilated Johnson? Again this is all hypothetical. Also does anyone know how to get large bloodstains out of shag carpet?
FloridaAggie13

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 2nd, 2024, 6:02 pm

Hoot wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 5:35 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

What if there’s no teeth because they were ripped out and the space filled with the guys own mutilated Johnson? Again this is all hypothetical. Also does anyone know how to get large bloodstains out of shag carpet?
Does said Johnson have a unique identifying feature? Again...just thinking out loud. Absolutely no experience whatsoever in the matter.

Oh, the rug...you blot that 'shyt' with club soda.

cval

Post by cval » May 2nd, 2024, 6:27 pm

So, is Jordy coming or not?
These users thanked the author cval for the post (total 4):
SweepDanceReal Life AggieIdaAg93AgMan21

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 2nd, 2024, 6:34 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 6:02 pm
Hoot wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 5:35 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
Hoot wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:

Does said Johnson have a unique identifying feature? Again...just thinking out loud. Absolutely no experience whatsoever in the matter.

Oh, the rug...you blot that 'shyt' with club soda.

Theoretically the body is charred nearly beyond recognition. The only identifier is that they included the ring he always wore in the packaging. His grandfather’s I believe.

Also, again theoretically, what if you accidentally peed on the body? Again theoretically.

FloridaAggie13

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 2nd, 2024, 7:48 pm

@Hoot
Theoretically the body is charred nearly beyond recognition. The only identifier is that they included the ring he always wore in the packaging. His grandfather’s I believe.

Also, again theoretically, what if you accidentally peed on the body? Again theoretically.
Ooh, the old "ring on the finger of a fully charcoaled corpse" play. A very flirtatious movement if I say so myself. Think to yourself: What is the significance of the ring, its nature, and the burnt corpse? Is the ring incidental or is it primary?

You'd be amazed at what criminal forensics can trace. From everything I've read on the subject, again, just two guys talking here; I would guess they would burn the body at that point and just make it disappear, skipping the pleasurable psychological foreplay of sending body parts piece by piece over several weeks, due to their own hiccup. Surely to their own disappointment. Floridians like to joke about the convenience of Alligator Alley running through the Everglades, similar to New Yorkers fondness for the East River. Plus, we have both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. You know, for those of us that like the water.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » May 2nd, 2024, 9:18 pm

This thread took a very interesting turn.
These users thanked the author StanfordAggie for the post (total 3):
cvalFloridaAggie13IdaAg93

SeattleAg

Post by SeattleAg » May 2nd, 2024, 10:10 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 9:18 pm
This thread took a very interesting turn.
I was about to post the very same. Great minds, etc etc.
These users thanked the author SeattleAg for the post:
FloridaAggie13

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 2nd, 2024, 10:12 pm

I'm not sure if this will even be read BUT I FINALLY heard from Jordy. He WILL be an Aggie next season!!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 39):
SeattleAgAggie702greggers1868TrueAGFromLItoLogantrevordudebluegrouseAggies1888AggiePTHoot and 29 more users

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » May 2nd, 2024, 10:44 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 10:12 pm
I'm not sure if this will even be read BUT I FINALLY heard from Jordy. He WILL be an Aggie next season!!
Phew....Coach can keep his Utah card.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » May 2nd, 2024, 10:53 pm

aggies22 wrote:
I like it. If for no other reason than I liked Matt Barnes and watching him play back in the day. I like the idea of kids of former players playing here.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 3):
aggies22flying_scotsman2.0osuaggie

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 2nd, 2024, 11:29 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 2nd, 2024, 7:48 pm
@Hoot

Ooh, the old "ring on the finger of a fully charcoaled corpse" play. A very flirtatious movement if I say so myself. Think to yourself: What is the significance of the ring, its nature, and the burnt corpse? Is the ring incidental or is it primary?

You'd be amazed at what criminal forensics can trace. From everything I've read on the subject, again, just two guys talking here; I would guess they would burn the body at that point and just make it disappear, skipping the pleasurable psychological foreplay of sending body parts piece by piece over several weeks, due to their own hiccup. Surely to their own disappointment. Floridians like to joke about the convenience of Alligator Alley running through the Everglades, similar to New Yorkers fondness for the East River. Plus, we have both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. You know, for those of us that like the water.

So I need something that likes barbecue. Theoretically of course. It’s written in the ancient texts that the prophet SLB sustains himself by consuming the souls of those he has proven wrong but I don’t think he’d touch this.

I need something with a sharp bite. I need a maneater.

What’s your mom doing this weekend?

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » May 3rd, 2024, 4:10 am

aggies22 wrote:I'm not sure if this will even be read BUT I FINALLY heard from Jordy. He WILL be an Aggie next season!!
That is great news!

These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post (total 3):
Section_L_Aggiecvalaggies22

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » May 3rd, 2024, 7:56 am

Happy to have Jordy. I hope he becomes our next Sam Merrill.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
IdaAg93Section_L_Aggie

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » May 3rd, 2024, 8:54 am

Is Jordy a mission kid?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 3rd, 2024, 9:15 am

Aggie702 wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 8:54 am
Is Jordy a mission kid?
100% no.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Aggie702

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » May 3rd, 2024, 9:23 am

To me, he may not become Sam Merrill but he could become an improved version of Jared Quayle.
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post (total 2):
aggies22Section_L_Aggie

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » May 3rd, 2024, 9:47 am

aggies22 wrote:
PWO?

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » May 3rd, 2024, 9:54 am

newhouse9 wrote:
May 3rd, 2024, 9:23 am
To me, he may not become Sam Merrill but he could become an improved version of Jared Quayle.
Heck, I would take a not improved version of Jared Quayle. If he ends up being as good as Quayle, that would be awesome.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post (total 5):
USUaggieaggies22flying_scotsman2.0AngusAgosuaggie

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » May 3rd, 2024, 10:03 am

LarryTheAggie wrote:
newhouse9 wrote:
Heck, I would take a not improved version of Jared Quayle. If he ends up being as good as Quayle, that would be awesome.
Amen.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » May 3rd, 2024, 10:24 am

I think Jordy is going to be a Kris Clark type. Score a little, pass and playmake a lot.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » May 3rd, 2024, 10:47 am

newhouse9 wrote:
I have only seen the highlights of Barnes but I don't think Quayle is a great comparison. Quayle was 2-3 inches shorter but way more athletic and developed into a complete point guard under Stew after being more of a high volume scorer in HS and JC. Barnes game seems like a throwback pg who is very refined for his age, has unbelievable basketball IQ, but has a perceived lack of athleticism. Maybe more Merrill like in that sense (same height too).
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
AgTime

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic