JWIII's play @ Nevada

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Harcher

JWIII's play @ Nevada

Post by Harcher » January 8th, 2011, 4:46 pm

JWIII looked good. Not just "for a freshman" but good overall. And 'for a freshman' that good news going forward. Right when USU was digging back from 10pt deficit, the color analyst says "...the Aggie veteran leadership is bringing this team back" (in so many words) and it was JWIII running the show at that point.

Go JWIII !!!!

SpectrumMagic

Re: JWIII's play @ Nevada

Post by SpectrumMagic » January 8th, 2011, 4:47 pm

+1

justinmorrey

Post by justinmorrey » January 8th, 2011, 4:52 pm

I was going to say the same. I really like the kid. I think Pane has been much, much better than he was to start the year since he didn't start that one game, but he doesn't have a calming effect that can really help a team sometimes. I think JWIII has that. I'm really excited to see what his career turns into!

bigbluebaby

Post by bigbluebaby » January 8th, 2011, 5:00 pm

I like JW111 at the 1 and Brockeith at the 2 as a shooting penetration option.. Would be tough to handle..

Anyway love this kids talent and still loads and loads of upside. :thanks:

"So your saying I got a chance ??!!"

AggieHoops
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieHoops » January 8th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Walker did great. What I see is that Walker first looks to get everyone else involved then takes what comes for him. Pane looks to score first then looks to get the others invovled. Two different styles. Both are getting better each game.

The Doctor
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by The Doctor » January 8th, 2011, 5:15 pm

JDWIII came in at 11:25 and USU was down 45-50. We went on a 7-0 run! He did the same thing last week at the Spectrum against San Jose State. When he left he game around 7min the score was 59-54 USU up. We scored 14 points and Nevada score 4 while JDWIII was in the game. I love this kids upside he's very calming and I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. He's a freshman so I think the coaches are harder on him when he makes mistakes. But he's not perfect and is going to make mistakes. I would like to see him get more minutes to get him ready for the USU journey. Let's go Aggies ! :utah: :state:

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » January 8th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Walker was great - he's really coming together quickly. I also thought Jardine looked sharp the 2nd half. He was smart defensively, aggressive in the post, and shot the 10 footer w/confidence - his foul shots even looked good.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 8th, 2011, 5:33 pm

He has a shot to be the starter before the year is over.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

justinmorrey

Post by justinmorrey » January 8th, 2011, 5:51 pm

dyedblue wrote:He has a shot to be the starter before the year is over.
I kind of doubt it. The first 10 or so games of a season are the time to mess with the lineup. He might get more minutes, I but I doubt a starting position. Pane is head and shoulders better than he was a couple of months ago too, so it would take a LOT to get the starting position at this point, in my opinion.

Harcher

Post by Harcher » January 8th, 2011, 5:58 pm

I think Pane is looking pretty good aas well. In this case, there is hope that JWIII can take the point permanantly NEXT year and move PANE to the wing. The idea of a point guard playing well for 3 years in a row is nice. With the formality or significant structure that is the Stew system, it demands good pt guard play.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 8th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Walker has really improved. That is great news. I thought Brady was the player of the game for us.

Locked Previous topicNext topic