Nick Emery investigation

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
jimbo

Nick Emery investigation

Post by jimbo » October 27th, 2017, 1:47 am

aggietime

Re: Nick Emery investigation

Post by aggietime » October 27th, 2017, 7:04 am

Couldn't have happened to a better person. What would the repercussions be if the NCAA finds Emery violated the rules?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2017, 7:14 am

aggietime wrote:Couldn't have happened to a better person. What would the repercussions be if the NCAA finds Emery violated the rules?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
The punishment should be ineligibility but they'll find a way to slither out of this one too. Because every early 20's aged college kid rolls around with a 40 year old dude and calls him "friend".
Last edited by aggies22 on October 27th, 2017, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » October 27th, 2017, 8:44 am

It's high time for BYU to get Bednar'ed

GUS

Post by GUS » October 27th, 2017, 8:55 am

treesap32 wrote:It's high time for BYU to get Bednar'ed
Couldn't agree more treesap.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 27th, 2017, 9:27 am

Sugar daddy

Brushowl

Post by Brushowl » October 27th, 2017, 9:53 am

2017 Volks Jettas are a dime a dozen. Every college student has one or two.

I support our troops, especially the snipers.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » October 27th, 2017, 10:20 am

Brushowl wrote:2017 Volks Jettas are a dime a dozen. Every college student has one or two.
Do they all have one or two registered to boosters or with titles signed over to their parents from boosters? Wish I would have had one or two of those when I was in school.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » October 27th, 2017, 10:23 am

Deseret News finally put up a story on their site. Funny how they failed to even mention that Emery's been driving a car registered to a booster, and that the same booster signed a title of a car over to Emery's parents.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865 ... efits.html

Spin away DesyNews!

GUS

Post by GUS » October 27th, 2017, 11:26 am

Over on zoobie board, they are saying that Emery's exwife ratted on him. If she thought it was all above board, why would she say anything. Makes me think that Emery told her about these things while they were still married and also said not to tell anyone. Once the marriage ended, she had no reason to keep quiet about it anymore.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 27th, 2017, 11:36 am

The most damning part of this entire thing seems to be the involvement of his parents in this. For their sake, I hope they have record of purchasing the car or taking over the lease agreement from the sugar daddy.

In any case, I fully expect BYU to pay top dollar to sweep this one deep under the rug. It'll end up being no more than sock-gate 2.0.

bpd

Post by bpd » October 27th, 2017, 11:41 am

Is this not the most BYU story ever? Paid trip to amusement parks ( he knows how to party), a college student having an ex wife and then her ratting him out.

So BYU

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » October 27th, 2017, 11:49 am

I thought byu marriages were forever.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » October 27th, 2017, 11:59 am

AGinNEIowa wrote:I thought byu marriages were forever.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2017, 12:00 pm

Maybe the ex-wife didn't like how much time Emery was spending with his 40 year old "friend" while they were still married.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » October 27th, 2017, 12:00 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:I thought byu marriages were forever.

Not when you are cheating on her with a 40 yr old booster.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » October 27th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Aglicious wrote:The most damning part of this entire thing seems to be the involvement of his parents in this. For their sake, I hope they have record of purchasing the car or taking over the lease agreement from the sugar daddy.

In any case, I fully expect BYU to pay top dollar to sweep this one deep under the rug. It'll end up being no more than sock-gate 2.0.
If they don't, they'll say it was paid in cash and fabricate a signed back-dated document. Nothing will happen from this all. It will be "sock-gate" 2.0. They'll probably call it "disney-gate" or something having to do with the least damning part of the story that they can find.

Emery must've really gotten on the ex'es bad side for her to come after him where she knew it would hurt. Sucks for them both really.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » October 27th, 2017, 12:19 pm

GUS wrote:Over on zoobie board, they are saying that Emery's exwife ratted on him. If she thought it was all above board, why would she say anything. Makes me think that Emery told her about these things while they were still married and also said not to tell anyone. Once the marriage ended, she had no reason to keep quiet about it anymore.
"Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brushowl

Post by Brushowl » October 27th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Emery has his tit in a wringer. Is there still time to sign an Italian contract for this season?

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » October 27th, 2017, 1:26 pm

I just hope the NCAA fast tracks this, would hate to see them stall for 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » October 27th, 2017, 1:31 pm

GUS wrote:Over on zoobie board, they are saying that Emery's exwife ratted on him. If she thought it was all above board, why would she say anything. Makes me think that Emery told her about these things while they were still married and also said not to tell anyone. Once the marriage ended, she had no reason to keep quiet about it anymore.
Their divorce was a nasty one.

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » October 27th, 2017, 3:30 pm

Dwigt wrote:
Their divorce was a nasty one.
Some people on their board dragged out the divorce decree apparently. People are asking for her personal info to look her up. Nuts.

Brushowl

Post by Brushowl » October 27th, 2017, 3:31 pm

The Emery's made a tactical mistake. They should have offered the Ex. a cash settlement in exchange for a gag order. Failing to do so in a divorce opens up all the pillow talk for the public to see and hear. Bad decision.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 27th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Nick Emery is the quintessential byu DB athlete that has intensified my disdain for byu sports over the years.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 28th, 2017, 8:07 am

Ex wife? I thought the term was "beard"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.
~Dudley Field Malone

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » October 28th, 2017, 8:27 am

brownjeans wrote:Ex wife? I thought the term was "beard
:notworthy:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

jackmormon
RIP

Post by jackmormon » October 28th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Is it just me, or does that guy look a lot like Duane Busby?

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » October 28th, 2017, 12:50 pm

brownjeans wrote:Ex wife? I thought the term was "beard"

Oh man, a gay joke. How funny!

Hail Aggies!

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 28th, 2017, 1:19 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
brownjeans wrote:Ex wife? I thought the term was "beard"

Oh man, a gay joke. How funny!

Only you’re allowed to make lame jokes on here. They didn’t get the memo apparently.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » October 28th, 2017, 2:28 pm

If you think going for the lowest common denominator is equivalent to my posts then I feel bad for you son. You got 99 problems but a sense of humor ain’t one.

Hail Aggies!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 28th, 2017, 5:07 pm

#cry

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.
~Dudley Field Malone

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » October 29th, 2017, 4:50 pm

I'm not trying to be homophobic; honestly the "gay lover" thing was my first thought when I read the story. That's honestly the explanation that makes the most sense to me. Why would a booster risk getting BYU sanctioned by giving gifts to a player who signed with BYU when he was in diapers? Especially since his family supposedly already has plenty of money. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe this Tyndall guy just felt like a "big shot" hanging out with a basketball player. But, well, I hate to say it, but there are plenty of bishops who still tell gay Mormons that they should marry a woman to "cure" themselves. If this guy were a gay lover, it would explain Emery's marriage and divorce. It would also explain why the wife was furious enough to rat him out to the NCAA. This is complete speculation on my part, and I hope I'm wrong about this. But that seems much more plausible than the idea that he was doing this to give BYU a competitive advantage.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » October 29th, 2017, 7:48 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:I'm not trying to be homophobic; honestly the "gay lover" thing was my first thought when I read the story. That's honestly the explanation that makes the most sense to me. Why would a booster risk getting BYU sanctioned by giving gifts to a player who signed with BYU when he was in diapers? Especially since his family supposedly already has plenty of money. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe this Tyndall guy just felt like a "big shot" hanging out with a basketball player. But, well, I hate to say it, but there are plenty of bishops who still tell gay Mormons that they should marry a woman to "cure" themselves. If this guy were a gay lover, it would explain Emery's marriage and divorce. It would also explain why the wife was furious enough to rat him out to the NCAA. This is complete speculation on my part, and I hope I'm wrong about this. But that seems much more plausible than the idea that he was doing this to give BYU a competitive advantage.
I thought the same thing once I learned he was divorced. Didn't he also come home from his mission early due to health issues but played basketball shortly after returning? Might explain that as well. Obviously all speculative, and whether he is or isn't is his business and I don't care either way, but given where he goes to school his life would be enormously complicated if true.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » October 29th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:I'm not trying to be homophobic; honestly the "gay lover" thing was my first thought when I read the story. That's honestly the explanation that makes the most sense to me. Why would a booster risk getting BYU sanctioned by giving gifts to a player who signed with BYU when he was in diapers? Especially since his family supposedly already has plenty of money. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe this Tyndall guy just felt like a "big shot" hanging out with a basketball player. But, well, I hate to say it, but there are plenty of bishops who still tell gay Mormons that they should marry a woman to "cure" themselves. If this guy were a gay lover, it would explain Emery's marriage and divorce. It would also explain why the wife was furious enough to rat him out to the NCAA. This is complete speculation on my part, and I hope I'm wrong about this. But that seems much more plausible than the idea that he was doing this to give BYU a competitive advantage.
I thought the same thing once I learned he was divorced. Didn't he also come home from his mission early due to health issues but played basketball shortly after returning? Might explain that as well. Obviously all speculative, and whether he is or isn't is his business and I don't care either way, but given where he goes to school his life would be enormously complicated if true.
Never thought about his scenario, but it does make sense .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » October 30th, 2017, 7:19 am

I completely agree with you StanfordAggie. In fact, if any violation occurred it's likely that it would have only been a violation of the BYU Honor Code and that would only be the case if there was homosexual behavior between Tyndall and Emery which included either sexual relations between the two or any form of physical intimacy that gave expression to homosexual feelings (See BYU Honor Code on Homosexual Behavior below). We also know that BYU does not strictly enforce the Honor Code for athletes so regardless of what happened I would say Emery, Tyndall, and BYU are going to come out of this just fine. I really feel for Tyndal though, if they indeed are in a relationship. Based on Emery's previous history and given his anger management issues it's highly likely that this is a physically abusive relationship with Tyndall being on the receiving end.

BYU Honor Code:

"Homosexual Behavior

Brigham Young University will respond to homosexual behavior rather than to feelings or attraction and welcomes as full members of the university community all whose behavior meets university standards. Members of the university community can remain in good Honor Code standing if they conduct their lives in a manner consistent with gospel principles and the Honor Code.

One's stated same-gender attraction is not an Honor Code issue. However, the Honor Code requires all members of the university community to manifest a strict commitment to the law of chastity. Homosexual behavior is inappropriate and violates the Honor Code. Homosexual behavior includes not only sexual relations between members of the same sex, but all forms of physical intimacy that give expression to homosexual feelings."
Last edited by thansen on October 30th, 2017, 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Locked Previous topicNext topic