The Jazz really stink this year.

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Imakeitrain

The Jazz really stink this year.

Post by Imakeitrain » November 14th, 2018, 9:53 pm

I don’t get how they just got throttled by the Mavs.

I guess we are tanking for something. Just awful play.

Jjoey53

Re: The Jazz really stink this year.

Post by Jjoey53 » November 14th, 2018, 11:04 pm

Other than this debacle tonight, they have been decent last few games. Tonight should get their attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 15th, 2018, 6:34 am

I absolutely love the Jazz, but part of me feels an attitude towards management like "Welp, you had this coming." They made a luck luster effort in free agency and in trade acquisitions.

They way overpaid for Exum and bid against themselves.

I didn't love Grayson Allen as the draft pick and would've loved to have seen them move into the early 2nd round to pick up a guy like Elie Okobo, Jevon Carter, Mitchell Robinson, etc.

The Jazz were also linked to Bjelica all last season. Then they chose to not offer him (He signed with SAC for fairly cheap) and went with Niang and Sefalosha instead I guess.

Overall they just seemed to have an attitude of being content. Last years' late season run was a bit of a fluke. It was a perfect combination of Ricky Rubio all of a sudden being able to shoot for a short time and the Jazz ending the year with a very easy schedule.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 15th, 2018, 9:07 am

swishh_15 wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 6:34 am
I absolutely love the Jazz, but part of me feels an attitude towards management like "Welp, you had this coming." They made a luck luster effort in free agency and in trade acquisitions.

I didn't love Grayson Allen as the draft pick and would've loved to have seen them move into the early 2nd round to pick up a guy like Elie Okobo, Jevon Carter, Mitchell Robinson, etc.

The Jazz were also linked to Bjelica all last season. Then they chose to not offer him (He signed with SAC for fairly cheap) and went with Niang and Sefalosha instead I guess.

Overall they just seemed to have an attitude of being content. Last years' late season run was a bit of a fluke. It was a perfect combination of Ricky Rubio all of a sudden being able to shoot for a short time and the Jazz ending the year with a very easy schedule.
But they’d consistently beat the dubs by 30... and were often injured.

I don’t like some of our reserves. Our starting lineup is upper middle tier- but I don’t like some of those reserves you mentioned. I don’t think we have much depth outside our 4 spot

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 15th, 2018, 10:32 am

swishh_15 wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 6:34 am

This. 100%. Should have moved on from Favors and Exum and signed Bjelica and someone like Fred Van Vleet for much less.

It's going to be fighting scratching and clawing for a playoff spot unless there's a stellar move before the trade deadline.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » November 15th, 2018, 4:02 pm

It is starting too look like the finish to last year may have been a fluke and this team is really about a .500 team when Gobert is healthy.

The biggest problem with the starters is only Ingles can really shoot. Mitchell is average as a shooter. Rubio is below average to bad and we play two bigs. Favors has made a valiant effort to stretch but he will never be a true threat out there. Teams can pack the paint or play a zone and it really stymies Mitchell and the "blender" offense as Snyder calls it.

Problem is Exum isn't a shooter either and Allen is a shooter but can't play defense. Burks has improved but Royce is struggling on offense. So the bench guys are pretty much good at only one end of the floor. Crowder is inconsistent but is certainly a better shooter than Favors.

I think they either need to move Mitchell to point guard and add an elite shooter at the 2 or trade for a point guard.

They reportedly were unwilling to give up their first round pick last year to get Mirotic which probably would have been a worthwhile trade. Someone like that would be a perfect fit here.

Seems like there are real structural issues and it is more than just a slump but maybe they will get it together soon. Their schedule in November and December is just brutal.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 15th, 2018, 6:45 pm

Relax. They will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 16th, 2018, 9:56 pm

We will see how the year plays out. Too early to count out the Jazz, but they got a ways to go. I cautioned people on believing Donovan Mitchell was a superstar already. He has superstar potential and I think he'll get there, but he has a way to go. His shooting especially his 3 point shot has been dreadful this year. Long way to go. Remember they were 19-28 last year yet ended up winning a playoff series last year. It isn't like football where a few early losses doom your season.

Locked Previous topicNext topic