It's the little things...

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Aggie19

It's the little things...

Post by Aggie19 » August 3rd, 2020, 7:33 pm

I normally don't venture over to cougarboard, but I saw the Big 12 announcement of 9+1 games and knew that the cougar faithful were really hoping to fill their schedule with some P5 competition from that conference. Anyway, full melt down over there, everyone is out to get them, etc. I think the best is when they say, "we should go back to the MWC for the year". Why the hell do they assume that they can just come on back whenever they want? The arrogance never ends with those tools. Bless their hearts.

Go Aggies!

Jjoey52

Re: It's the little things...

Post by Jjoey52 » August 3rd, 2020, 10:41 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 7:33 pm
I normally don't venture over to cougarboard, but I saw the Big 12 announcement of 9+1 games and knew that the cougar faithful were really hoping to fill their schedule with some P5 competition from that conference. Anyway, full melt down over there, everyone is out to get them, etc. I think the best is when they say, "we should go back to the MWC for the year". Why the hell do they assume that they can just come on back whenever they want? The arrogance never ends with those tools. Bless their hearts.
Just why would the MWC take them for 1 year. If I were Thompson, I would demand a 5 year all sports commitment.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » August 3rd, 2020, 11:12 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 10:41 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
Just why would the MWC take them for 1 year. If I were Thompson, I would demand a 5 year all sports commitment.
Why just 5 years? They can try to join like any other school. They would need a severe punishment for leaving especially if forming a new conference.
These users thanked the author pilotaggie for the post:
thegreendalegelf

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » August 4th, 2020, 8:26 am

pilotaggie wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 11:12 pm
Jjoey52 wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 10:41 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
Why just 5 years? They can try to join like any other school. They would need a severe punishment for leaving especially if forming a new conference.
Exactly this. They join like any other school. No sweetheart deal. Extra penalties if they leave. All sports included.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » August 4th, 2020, 10:22 am

Look, if COVID-related decisions means they join for one year, let them join. It's a weird situation, we're all trying to get through for our schools and the student-athletes as best as they can. But this is a special, one-off situation due to a global pandemic. After the one year, they need to gtfo. Bring them in as a provisional member of the MWC for one year, then if they want to join the conference for real, they can go through the normal process.

calaggie

Post by calaggie » August 4th, 2020, 10:59 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:22 am
Look, if COVID-related decisions means they join for one year, let them join. It's a weird situation, we're all trying to get through for our schools and the student-athletes as best as they can. But this is a special, one-off situation due to a global pandemic. After the one year, they need to gtfo. Bring them in as a provisional member of the MWC for one year, then if they want to join the conference for real, they can go through the normal process.
Do you think they’d do the same for us if the situation were reversed? No, neither do I.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » August 4th, 2020, 12:08 pm

calaggie wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:59 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:22 am
Do you think they’d do the same for us if the situation were reversed? No, neither do I.
Naw, take this opportunity to stick it to them. Their athletic department can rot and burn. It's only a matter of time till sports are done away with at BYU anyway. Let's hasten that process.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 4th, 2020, 12:48 pm

ybu, if they have a season, will be playing Liberty U twice... and that's it.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » August 4th, 2020, 1:22 pm

On my way to and from a dental appointment today I listened in to Hansl and Gretl on 1280. The tears being shed over the pointlessness of Fall Camp in Bougartown were delicious!
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
Aggie19

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » August 6th, 2020, 9:06 am

Aggie19 wrote:
I have not considered the WHY to be very arrogant. That is totally the EWE's attitude by far.
The Cougs are just naive and have no clue. Both are irritating to Aggies in a different sort of way.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post:
sstrasser

AgMan21

Re: geek squad chat

Post by AgMan21 » August 28th, 2020, 8:57 am

davidmartin4797 wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 11:15 pm
Visit any store of your choice purchase of your favorite electronic item and come geek squad support. For any brand or choice of TV set, smartphone, music system, gaming console or car electronics, our technicians are the best. Get going with simple access to them via phone, chat or on-the-spot assistance for mounting, set up, installation and repair services. Geek Squad chat
Is this a real profile that was hacked or is this a bot? Cause if it's a bot then it joined in July and has been biding it's time to strike.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Re: geek squad chat

Post by Aglicious » August 28th, 2020, 9:26 am

AgMan21 wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 8:57 am
davidmartin4797 wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 11:15 pm
Visit any store of your choice purchase of your favorite electronic item and come geek squad support. For any brand or choice of TV set, smartphone, music system, gaming console or car electronics, our technicians are the best. Get going with simple access to them via phone, chat or on-the-spot assistance for mounting, set up, installation and repair services. Geek Squad chat
Is this a real profile that was hacked or is this a bot? Cause if it's a bot then it joined in July and has been biding it's time to strike.

:lol: good catch....he/she/it also registered and posted from Dehli, India. Further tracking would prove worthless though because c'mon...a David Martin in India? There must be one on every corner- - - guy would blend right in.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 28th, 2020, 4:34 pm

I have one particular family member who is extremely well connected to ybu, although this person acted like they were not aware of ybu's scheduling with the Sun Belt and CUSA power houses (LOLZ) and this person claims that they is in direct talks with a big time school to put together a home and away with this big time school. We shall see. That said, I think the recent talk of the Big10 maybe having a late season might play into this. Who knows?

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Locked Previous topicNext topic