USU Women's Bball

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
LarryTheAggie

Re: USU Women's Bball

Post by LarryTheAggie » February 12th, 2024, 4:31 pm

I hate to be dismissive, but a Failure to Appear Warrant in Cache Valley is not that big of a deal. I know several people that got arrested in Logan for Failure to Appear and were back to work, or bishopric meeting or what ever the next day.

I just don't think that this is the scandal that you want it to be, unless there is more to the story.
Last edited by LarryTheAggie on February 13th, 2024, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post (total 2):
ViAggieaggies22

shoresy

Post by shoresy » February 12th, 2024, 4:55 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 4:31 pm
I hate to be dismissive, but at Failure to Appear Warrenton in Cache Valley is not that big of a deal. I know several people that got arrested in Logan for Failure to Appear and were back to work, or bishopric meeting or what ever the next day.

I just don't think that this is the scandal that you want it to be, unless there is more to the story.
That's fair too. I'm not trying to say it was handled correctly or incorrectly, just honestly curious as to how these things are typically handled. I have no idea the severity of what happened.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » February 12th, 2024, 5:12 pm

shoresy wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 4:55 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
February 12th, 2024, 4:31 pm
I hate to be dismissive, but at Failure to Appear Warrenton in Cache Valley is not that big of a deal. I know several people that got arrested in Logan for Failure to Appear and were back to work, or bishopric meeting or what ever the next day.

That's fair too. I'm not trying to say it was handled correctly or incorrectly, just honestly curious as to how these things are typically handled. I have no idea the severity of what happened.
Ya, well a DWI charge cost 1 game for the FB kicker - FTA having no game suspension seems right in line with that.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » February 12th, 2024, 7:49 pm

This says the class of charge she failed to appear for was an infraction, I.e. something like an unpaid parking ticket. If it was an FTA for a felony it would be a whole different animal, but this is a nothingburger
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post (total 9):
LarryTheAggieProvoAggieGidbobtrevordudetjensen_25AGinNEIowaViAggieaggies22lostaggiefan

Showing my True Colors since 2022

shoresy

Post by shoresy » February 12th, 2024, 10:45 pm

rAggie wrote:This says the class of charge she failed to appear for was an infraction, I.e. something like an unpaid parking ticket. If it was an FTA for a felony it would be a whole different animal, but this is a nothingburger
Gotchya. Appreciate the insight.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » February 13th, 2024, 8:42 am

Sounds like the Logan PD was a little bored.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
ViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 13th, 2024, 6:03 pm

NVAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2024, 8:42 am
Logan PD bored? No way you say! :lol:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
aggies22

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 14th, 2024, 6:40 am

ViAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2024, 6:03 pm
NVAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2024, 8:42 am
Logan PD bored? No way you say! :lol:
The usual weekend warrant round up.

usugoalie13

Post by usugoalie13 » February 14th, 2024, 8:40 am

Returning to school after a break. The customs agent asked me the normal questions. Then asked the last time I was arrested. I was a little thrown off because I had never been asked that but answered never. His response... "you go to school in Logan Utah and have never been arrested?" I laughed and asked how he knew that. His sister went to USU.
These users thanked the author usugoalie13 for the post (total 3):
LarryTheAggieEngineeringAggieaggies22

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » February 14th, 2024, 9:19 am

The university should really strike a deal with the city of Logan to convince the city to stop ticketing all of their students. It’s super corrupt that they just ticket the students for parking on the roads during the winter when the students have no where to go. Ticketing them isn’t going to stop them from parking there. It’s just a tax on the poor. It’s Logan’s own fault for allowing apartment buildings to have more rooms than parking spots. I’d be willing to bet that it was unpaid parking tickets.
These users thanked the author EngineeringAggie for the post (total 3):
trevordudeRoy McAvoyToastedFlakes52

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 14th, 2024, 11:02 am

EngineeringAggie wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 9:19 am
The university should really strike a deal with the city of Logan to convince the city to stop ticketing all of their students. It’s super corrupt that they just ticket the students for parking on the roads during the winter when the students have no where to go. Ticketing them isn’t going to stop them from parking there. It’s just a tax on the poor. It’s Logan’s own fault for allowing apartment buildings to have more rooms than parking spots. I’d be willing to bet that it was unpaid parking tickets.
I doubt the City allowed apartment buildings to be constructed with more rooms than parking stalls, it's more likely that the rooms are shared and instead of having one student per room (thus two parking stalls) you likely have that doubled up so you now have 4 cars per 2 bedroom unit. Very common issue where housing is sparce and/or expensive. It was my experience as a student at USU that pretty much every gal I dated who lived off campus shared a room with someone else (it's also why we always ended back up at my place since I had a huge basement room all to myself :devil: ). Don't get me started with how cramped those on-campus dorms were.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » February 14th, 2024, 11:45 am

ViAggie wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 11:02 am
EngineeringAggie wrote:
I doubt the City allowed apartment buildings to be constructed with more rooms than parking stalls, it's more likely that the rooms are shared and instead of having one student per room (thus two parking stalls) you likely have that doubled up so you now have 4 cars per 2 bedroom unit. Very common issue where housing is sparce and/or expensive. It was my experience as a student at USU that pretty much every gal I dated who lived off campus shared a room with someone else (it's also why we always ended back up at my place since I had a huge basement room all to myself :devil: ). Don't get me started with how cramped those on-campus dorms were.
I believe that the city enacted an ordinance requiring there to be 1.5 parking spaces for every 2 beds for all apartments back in like 2013ish. So anything that was build after blue square has to have some minimum number of parking spaces. The problem is that 95% of students live in housing that is older than that.

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » February 14th, 2024, 12:09 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 11:45 am
ViAggie wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
I believe that the city enacted an ordinance requiring there to be 1.5 parking spaces for every 2 beds for all apartments back in like 2013ish. So anything that was build after blue square has to have some minimum number of parking spaces. The problem is that 95% of students live in housing that is older than that.
The other problem is that certain places found loopholes. For example, Millennial Towers bought the apartments across the street, and is now using their parking lot for Millennial Tower occupants. They just had to show that they had enough parking spots for them even though they now took parking spots from the people in the other buildings because those buildings don’t have to follow the same guidelines.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 14th, 2024, 3:49 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
1.5 stalls per unit but there's usually a guest parking requirement of .5 spaces per unit as well. On the surface that seems reasonable for a single-family occupancy, but the minute you start batching the unit (individuals renting a bed) then that adds a whole other issue.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 14th, 2024, 3:51 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 12:09 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
The other problem is that certain places found loopholes. For example, Millennial Towers bought the apartments across the street, and is now using their parking lot for Millennial Tower occupants. They just had to show that they had enough parking spots for them even though they now took parking spots from the people in the other buildings because those buildings don’t have to follow the same guidelines.
A lot of urban cities usually allow for shared parking especially for mixed-use projects. The "theory" is that the residents will be gone during the peak working hours, and the employees and patrons will be gone by night. Problem is it doesn't always work so well.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » February 14th, 2024, 4:32 pm

ViAggie wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 3:49 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
1.5 stalls per unit but there's usually a guest parking requirement of .5 spaces per unit as well. On the surface that seems reasonable for a single-family occupancy, but the minute you start batching the unit (individuals renting a bed) then that adds a whole other issue.
That is why the Logan ordinance is based on the number of beds not the number of units. At least from what I remember.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » February 15th, 2024, 7:25 am

ViAggie wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
So other magazines on the rack counted as roommates?
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
ViAggie

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 15th, 2024, 10:57 am

Hoot wrote:
February 15th, 2024, 7:25 am
ViAggie wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
So other magazines on the rack counted as roommates?
:oops:

Aggie1984

Post by Aggie1984 » February 15th, 2024, 12:00 pm

5 regular season games remain, will Kayla have a job after this year?

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » February 15th, 2024, 12:38 pm

Aggie1984 wrote:
February 15th, 2024, 12:00 pm
No. Kayla has 6 games left to coach.

Aggies1888

Post by Aggies1888 » February 15th, 2024, 12:39 pm

Aggie1984 wrote:
February 15th, 2024, 12:00 pm
Man, I sure hope so. What she's done to our message board alone - 1100 posts and 30 pages on a topic that "nobody cares about"....Way to go coach! 🤣🤣
These users thanked the author Aggies1888 for the post (total 4):
LarryTheAggieGidbobViAggieAggiePT

rAggie

Post by rAggie » February 15th, 2024, 9:04 pm

The rumblings I’m hearing is we don’t have the money to buy her out.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post:
trevordude

Showing my True Colors since 2022

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » February 15th, 2024, 9:58 pm

rAggie wrote:
February 15th, 2024, 9:04 pm
We can't get a payday loan for the future Washington State game?

Not sent from Tapatalk

Aggie1984

Post by Aggie1984 » February 15th, 2024, 11:04 pm

rAggie wrote:
Ugh, i hope that is not the case!

Marcellus
Has thanked: 0

Post by Marcellus » February 16th, 2024, 12:33 am

EngineeringAggie wrote:
It's distressing to read of kids being unfairly targeted with parking charges, especially when there aren't enough spots. Collaboration between the institution and the city could help to address this issue and ensure that all citizens are treated fairly.
These users thanked the author Marcellus for the post:
EngineeringAggie

Aggie_Watch

Post by Aggie_Watch » February 16th, 2024, 8:01 am

rAggie wrote:
Not having money is (I can't express myself without swearing). Did the athletic department not get a substantial amount of money from San Diego competing in the championship last year? if women’s basketball was important to them they would find the money. I know women’s basketball will never make money, but what message are we sending to the players and community by not making it a priority.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » February 16th, 2024, 8:46 am

rAggie wrote:
We don’t. And she will be back next year. It’s an embarrassment to our school. There should be a for cause stipulation somewhere for behavior that is embarrassing to our university and then make her fight us in court

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 16th, 2024, 8:47 am

Aggie_Watch wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 8:01 am
rAggie wrote:
Not having money is (I can't express myself without swearing). Did the athletic department not get a substantial amount of money from San Diego competing in the championship last year? if women’s basketball was important to them they would find the money. I know women’s basketball will never make money, but what message are we sending to the players and community by not making it a priority.
While USU will make some money from SDSU's run it's not really that much and it's also paid out over time. The MW made $16m from the NCAA tournament last year but it's divided among all conference members and paid out over 6 years. Sometime this season the MW will be paid about $2,736,000 and it will be divided 11 ways so USU will receive about $248,727.

I do think that USU needs to find the money and can her but we also aren't getting rich off of SDSU's National Championship run.

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/colleg ... 234717368/
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
aggies22

lostaggiefan

Post by lostaggiefan » February 16th, 2024, 9:21 am

She's gone after the season. No chance she's back. Zero. Anyone who says otherwise is misinformed.
These users thanked the author lostaggiefan for the post:
aggies22

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » February 16th, 2024, 9:32 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 8:47 am
Aggie_Watch wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 8:01 am
rAggie wrote:
While USU will make some money from SDSU's run it's not really that much and it's also paid out over time. The MW made $16m from the NCAA tournament last year but it's divided among all conference members and paid out over 6 years. Sometime this season the MW will be paid about $2,736,000 and it will be divided 11 ways so USU will receive about $248,727.

I do think that USU needs to find the money and can her but we also aren't getting rich off of SDSU's National Championship run.

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/colleg ... 234717368/
Which is why it is important to get as many teams in as possible. If 5 MWC teams get in this year, which is entirely possible, that is a minimum of $10 million based on last season's payout. While that is paid out over 6 years and divided among 11 teams, it is also added to whatever earnings there were from the prior five years.

2022 and 2023 both had 4 teams make it. Hopefully that becomes the minimum making it most years going forward. For programs like USU, those combined payouts start to add up and can be helpful fairly quickly if the MWC can consistently get 4-5 teams in and start winning a couple of games each year.

Back more on topic, Ard definitely needs to be gone no later than the day after the season is over.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 16th, 2024, 10:55 am

Marcellus wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 12:33 am
EngineeringAggie wrote:
It's distressing to read of kids being unfairly targeted with parking charges, especially when there aren't enough spots. Collaboration between the institution and the city could help to address this issue and ensure that all citizens are treated fairly.
Utah State and Logan City could not be further apart when it comes to collaboration. I've always found it EXTREMELY strange that Logan City basically acts like Utah State doesn't exist. There is hardly any love for Utah State there.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
EngineeringAggietrevordude

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » February 16th, 2024, 11:39 am

aggies22 wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 10:55 am
Marcellus wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 12:33 am
EngineeringAggie wrote:
Utah State and Logan City could not be further apart when it comes to collaboration. I've always found it EXTREMELY strange that Logan City basically acts like Utah State doesn't exist. There is hardly any love for Utah State there.
Lol, like 5 years ago Logan had a push to get occupation zoning in control, no more than 3 unrelated adults in a dwelling. Anyway, they posted a job with the title "Compliance Coordinator" or something, and the job description was essentially going around and rat around houses to see who is illegally dwelling.

Anywho, as I was an angry young man, and I wrote a program to spam apply to the job posting with Nazi War criminals names on the fake resumes. They took the posting down. They may have put it back up later, unsure
Last edited by trevordude on February 16th, 2024, 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author trevordude for the post (total 3):
ToastedFlakes52StanfordAggieaggies22

Not sent from Tapatalk

ToastedFlakes52

Post by ToastedFlakes52 » February 16th, 2024, 12:09 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:
If you think the ticketing is bad, just wait til you hear the horror stories about students getting booted the last couple years. Sounds like it's been a big problem, and booters have no conscience.
These users thanked the author ToastedFlakes52 for the post (total 2):
EngineeringAggieaggies22

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » February 16th, 2024, 12:40 pm

shoresy wrote:
February 2nd, 2024, 12:16 pm
Coloraggie wrote:
February 2nd, 2024, 11:19 am
shoresy wrote:
January 31st, 2024, 10:40 pm
Here to fully admit how wrong I was! Huge win by the Aggies tonight. As harsh as I've been on this team and staff, it's pretty impressive that they haven't fully given up yet.

Feels like what they did tonight could be sustainable with just a shred of consistency. We should absolutely be able to hang with/beat the middle-to-bottom tier of the MW.
Big win but its not sustainable. You won't win many games playing 1 vs 5 which is pretty much what happened. You also can't expect the other team to shoot 20% from 3 when you give them wide open look after wide open look. There were several things that had to fall just right for USU to win this game. From what I saw, winning games consistently in this method is about as likely as saying Wyoming can consistently beat Colorado State when down by 11 with under a minute left.
I guess I should clarify, I mean that beating the lower-tier MW teams could be sustainable if we just have a shred of consistency. Not specifically winning in that way.

Consistency has been this team's biggest weakness. There's a far from zero chance that we follow this up with another 20-plus point blowout loss to a poor Fresno team at home on Saturday.
Trying to bring this back to basketball. The blueprint for the win over Nevada was unsustainable. We caught lightning in a bottle on about 5 fronts that had to all come together for USU to win. A decent team would take that Nevada game and go on to win some down the line but here we are 4 games afterwards, three of them at home and the only one we were close in was against Air Force who isn't good. Our only chance to win a game is at SJSU but I doubt that. I say a decent team but a decent coach would try to dissect what we did right and copy it but when two of the things we did right was for Nevada's leading scorer to be out with injury and for Nevada to miss wide open threes all game it is hard to duplicate that.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 16th, 2024, 3:15 pm

lostaggiefan wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 9:21 am
She's gone after the season. No chance she's back. Zero. Anyone who says otherwise is misinformed.
Especially those who have already missed on:
1. Scott Barnes was leaving for Cal
2. Tim Duryea would not have been fired if we went 0-30 in 2017-18
3. South Alabama's Ritchie Riley was our new basketball coach.
4. Blake Anderson would resign after the bowl loss to Memphis
5. Ike was leaving
6. Our new AD would be the Loyola Marymount guy

Locked Previous topicNext topic