CSU vs CU gettin chippy

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Imakeitrain

CSU vs CU gettin chippy

Post by Imakeitrain » September 16th, 2023, 9:12 pm

Travis Hunter goes down after a late hit. They’re getting personal fouls both ways a couple more times since.

Rivalry football. I think they might start ejecting people if it gets much worse. But if you thought our penalties are bad… yeesh
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
USU78

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: CSU vs CU gettin chippy

Post by USU78 » September 16th, 2023, 9:22 pm

Pu$$y pukes can't stand the thought of the same happening to them

Goooo Lammies!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 16th, 2023, 9:46 pm

Playing dirty isn't cool, but when Prime is your coach and your players take on Prime's ego, you're going to have some problems both with your team and your opponents.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
Aggiefan33

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 16th, 2023, 10:01 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
September 16th, 2023, 9:46 pm
Playing dirty isn't cool, but when Prime is your coach and your players take on Prime's ego, you're going to have some problems both with your team and your opponents.
It wasn’t that dirty and Travis Hunter is fine. It was a normal late hit that was correctly flagged. Csu is dominating this game. The score 21-14 is not doing Justice to how much csu is dominating. If it weren’t for csu penalties this game is easily 35-14
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
3rdGenAggie

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 16th, 2023, 10:09 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
September 16th, 2023, 9:12 pm
Travis Hunter goes down after a late hit. They’re getting personal fouls both ways a couple more times since.

Rivalry football. I think they might start ejecting people if it gets much worse. But if you thought our penalties are bad… yeesh
Rammies had 8 penalties in the first quarter.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 16th, 2023, 10:32 pm

Tory Horton is special
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Imakeitrain

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » September 16th, 2023, 10:32 pm

USU78 wrote:
September 16th, 2023, 9:22 pm

Goooo Lammies!
Speaking of the pukes, I saw on social media they now bought light the U when they win. They gotta steal our traditions too??
Last edited by USUMAE on September 16th, 2023, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 16th, 2023, 10:36 pm

slcagg wrote:
September 16th, 2023, 10:32 pm
Tory Horton is special
That catch was crazy. Kamara has been an absolute beast too.

Zoobie fumbles it though

calaggie

Post by calaggie » September 16th, 2023, 10:44 pm

USUMAE wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Goooo Lammies!
Speaking of the pukes, I saw on social media they now bought the U when they win. They gotta steal our traditions too??
I’m sorry . . . what do we buy when we win? A U? Why?

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 16th, 2023, 10:48 pm

calaggie wrote:
September 16th, 2023, 10:44 pm
USUMAE wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Goooo Lammies!
Speaking of the pukes, I saw on social media they now bought the U when they win. They gotta steal our traditions too??
He meant light

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » September 16th, 2023, 10:49 pm

slcagg wrote:
September 16th, 2023, 10:48 pm
calaggie wrote:
September 16th, 2023, 10:44 pm
USUMAE wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Goooo Lammies!
He meant light
Thank you. Yes I did.

ToastedFlakes52

Post by ToastedFlakes52 » September 16th, 2023, 11:09 pm

This game is bonkers

dogie

Post by dogie » September 16th, 2023, 11:13 pm

USUMAE wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Goooo Lammies!
Speaking of the pukes, I saw on social media they now bought light the U when they win. They gotta steal our traditions too??
They have been doing that for a long time. About 15 years ago, I took a day work trip to California on a day when the Aggies played the Utes in basketball. I had the game on my DVR, and I was going to watch the game that evening after I got home.

My flight landed at about 10:00 pm. I had to drive home from the SLC airport to Davis County without glancing at the foothills above Salt Lake City, where I would have seen if the U had been bought.

It was a little dicey, but I made it home while managing to avoid checking out whether the U had been lighted. And, I’m happy to relate that the Aggies won.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » September 17th, 2023, 12:30 am

So this t Horton cancels a td in 2 ot with blindside block? Rammies pass for 397, have 177 in penalties and give up the lead and lose? What was the negative 45 yard run play by rams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiefanintheeast

Post by aggiefanintheeast » September 17th, 2023, 6:53 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
September 16th, 2023, 10:01 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
It wasn’t that dirty and Travis Hunter is fine. It was a normal late hit that was correctly flagged. Csu is dominating this game. The score 21-14 is not doing Justice to how much csu is dominating. If it weren’t for csu penalties this game is easily 35-14

Yeah it was correctly flagged. Hope Hunter is ok (maybe his coach shouldn’t play him so many snaps on both sides of the ball, just a thought) but people are riding so hard for CU as bandwagoners and calling CSU the dirtiest, most reckless team they’ve ever seen….I just don’t think that’s the case. They get penalized a lot in general because they lack discipline. But I wouldn’t call them reckless or dirty. If anything, I saw some dirty plays from CU too, so I don’t think you just can take the moral high ground and and excuse those.

Can you tell the CU bandwagoning is obnoxious to me? Lol

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » September 17th, 2023, 8:50 am

aggiefanintheeast wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 6:53 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Yeah it was correctly flagged. Hope Hunter is ok (maybe his coach shouldn’t play him so many snaps on both sides of the ball, just a thought) but people are riding so hard for CU as bandwagoners and calling CSU the dirtiest, most reckless team they’ve ever seen….I just don’t think that’s the case. They get penalized a lot in general because they lack discipline. But I wouldn’t call them reckless or dirty. If anything, I saw some dirty plays from CU too, so I don’t think you just can take the moral high ground and and excuse those.

Shadeur poked at Kamara's eyes with no flag. Kamara ended up getting tossed in 2OT for targeting, it was his 2nd personal foul in as many plays too.

The interesting thing about the CU bandwagon is it has brought out a bunch of new CFB fans from celebrity ranks. The annoying thing about it is the program and the team is no longer about the players, it's strictly about Prime and all the celebrities that are now at the game.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » September 17th, 2023, 10:53 am

FromLItoLogan wrote:
aggiefanintheeast wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Shadeur poked at Kamara's eyes with no flag. Kamara ended up getting tossed in 2OT for targeting, it was his 2nd personal foul in as many plays too.

The interesting thing about the CU bandwagon is it has brought out a bunch of new CFB fans from celebrity ranks. The annoying thing about it is the program and the team is no longer about the players, it's strictly about Prime and all the celebrities that are now at the game.
To each his own. I love prime and what he has done at Colorado. The players must not mind the attention he is receiving as they seem to be loving playing for him. Is he cocky, of course he is cocky. He also seems to be a good dude that also happens to be one of the greatest athletes to ever live. If you can walk the walk, I can live with the talking. I would have loved to have him come to Utah state and have our stadium selling out for every game.

aggiefanintheeast

Post by aggiefanintheeast » September 17th, 2023, 12:13 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 8:50 am
aggiefanintheeast wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, Hunter (or maybe a diff CU player, but a CU player nonetheless) also punched the CSU quarterback in the stomach. Some sketchy stuff out of CU too, but I think they got away with it.

It’s nice to have more eyes on CFB, but it’s to the point of idolizing CU, and I think that’s insane. Most of these people aren’t actually CU or football in any way, shape or formal they just worship Prime.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » September 17th, 2023, 2:01 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 10:53 am
FromLItoLogan wrote:
aggiefanintheeast wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

To each his own. I love prime and what he has done at Colorado. The players must not mind the attention he is receiving as they seem to be loving playing for him. Is he cocky, of course he is cocky. He also seems to be a good dude that also happens to be one of the greatest athletes to ever live. If you can walk the walk, I can live with the talking. I would have loved to have him come to Utah state and have our stadium selling out for every game.

I’m of the same mind as you. I really don’t care for Sanders’ MO. But you can’t argue with his success. He has a team that believes in him and he believes in his team. The turnaround in CU has been nothing short of amazing. The program is getting national attention, attendance is going through the roof, fans are over the moon, they are winning games they wouldn’t have won last year and you can bet that $ will come into the program and better recruits as a consequence.

Are some bandwagon fans? Who cares. Sanders is THE topic of college football so far this season.

As an aside — going for 2 points at home after a TD in the 2nd OT was ballsy. CSU’s pucker factor increased dramatically after that and Sanders sent a message to his offense: “I know you guys can do this!”

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 17th, 2023, 2:05 pm

utaggies wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 2:01 pm
As an aside — going for 2 points at home after a TD in the 2nd OT was ballsy. CSU’s pucker factor increased dramatically after that and Sanders sent a message to his offense: “I know you guys can do this!”
They went for 2 in 2nd OT cause it's required.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
Gidbob

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 17th, 2023, 4:32 pm

aggiefanintheeast wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 12:13 pm
FromLItoLogan wrote:
aggiefanintheeast wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, Hunter (or maybe a diff CU player, but a CU player nonetheless) also punched the CSU quarterback in the stomach. Some sketchy stuff out of CU too, but I think they got away with it.

It’s nice to have more eyes on CFB, but it’s to the point of idolizing CU, and I think that’s insane. Most of these people aren’t actually CU or football in any way, shape or formal they just worship Prime.
I think there is also a lot of subtext that has nothing to do with football going on which is one reason that some of the convo around it is irritating.
Last edited by Imakeitrain on September 17th, 2023, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » September 17th, 2023, 4:32 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 2:05 pm
utaggies wrote:
This is why I come to this board, to learn things I don’t know. And I didn’t know that in the second OT it is required to go for 2 points. In the third OT they line up on the extra point line. Are there other rules for subsequent OTs?

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 17th, 2023, 4:35 pm

utaggies wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 4:32 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
utaggies wrote:
This is why I come to this board, to learn things I don’t know. And I didn’t know that in the second OT it is required to go for 2 points. In the third OT they line up on the extra point line. Are there other rules for subsequent OTs?
It’s just a series of 2-point conversion attempts from
The 3rd on.It may be exciting in the stadium. It’s awful on tv.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 17th, 2023, 7:05 pm

Captain Insano shows no mercy

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » September 17th, 2023, 7:27 pm

CU had like a thousand people on the sideline and looked like 100 coaches. Never seen anything like it. The students looked like they were having a blast.

aggiefanintheeast

Post by aggiefanintheeast » September 17th, 2023, 8:26 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
aggiefanintheeast wrote:
FromLItoLogan wrote:
aggiefanintheeast wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

I think there is also a lot of subtext that has nothing to do with football going on which is one reason that some of the convo around it is irritating.
I read the CSU player flagged for the late hit has now received death threats. that’s not appropriate at all. people have gone off the deep end. Idc how hard they wanna ride for Prime, making death threats over a penalty will never be it.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 17th, 2023, 10:05 pm

WAAggie wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 12:30 am
So this t Horton cancels a td in 2 ot with blindside block? Rammies pass for 397, have 177 in penalties and give up the lead and lose? What was the negative 45 yard run play by rams?

I would be livid if I were a rams fans with all those penalties it literally cost them the game. I know they were pumped but you need to exhibit more self control. One positive is the Aggies the last 2 games have cleaned up the penalties.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 17th, 2023, 10:09 pm

utaggies wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
utaggies wrote:
Norvell should have went for it in 4th and 2 in regulation. They were already up 8 so the worst you could potentially do is OT if it failed and they drive and score but the upside is you convert the 2 yards and the game is over.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 18th, 2023, 7:42 am

aggiefanintheeast wrote:
September 17th, 2023, 8:26 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
aggiefanintheeast wrote:
FromLItoLogan wrote:
aggiefanintheeast wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

I read the CSU player flagged for the late hit has now received death threats. that’s not appropriate at all. people have gone off the deep end. Idc how hard they wanna ride for Prime, making death threats over a penalty will never be it.
There is a lot more going on than “Colorado fans”. I’m not gonna get overly sandboxy - but it’s pretty clear what is going on and it’s been a big problem in sports for about a decade. I would wager the people making those threats aren’t huge buffs fans.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 18th, 2023, 9:03 am

I don't like the Prime stuff because it makes refs and the announcers biased. Some of the stuff being called at the end were garbage. The announcers jumped right on in support of those garbage calls. They only do that because of Prime.

Locked Previous topicNext topic