Alabama man

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Alabama man

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 25th, 2023, 5:03 pm

Good teams just find ways to win. Crazy ending. Congrats to SLCAg on the win.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
slcagg

Imakeitrain

Re: Alabama man

Post by Imakeitrain » November 25th, 2023, 5:16 pm

This why you don’t rush 2.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 3rd, 2023, 4:29 pm

Barely beat 6-6 Auburn, barely beat 4-8 Arkansas, struggled against south Florida, but the eye tear didn't matter for them, but mattered for FSU. :bs:

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » December 3rd, 2023, 6:12 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:Barely beat 6-6 Auburn, barely beat 4-8 Arkansas, struggled against south Florida, but the eye tear didn't matter for them, but mattered for FSU. :bs:
I came here too see if anyone was taking about this. Alabama is in on recent bias. Florida State ought to burn it down.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 3rd, 2023, 7:19 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 25th, 2023, 5:03 pm
As co-President of the Nick saban fan club I can confidently say that both @2004AG are both very happy!
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in Hawaii2004AG

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 3rd, 2023, 11:01 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 25th, 2023, 5:03 pm
As co-President of the Nick saban fan club I can confidently say that both [mention]2004AG[/mention] are both very happy!
I’m honored to be your co-president.

I wore my Alabama sweatshirt today that I bought at the game last year in honor of making the playoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in Hawaiislcagg

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 4th, 2023, 9:07 am

pilotaggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2023, 6:12 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:Barely beat 6-6 Auburn, barely beat 4-8 Arkansas, struggled against south Florida, but the eye tear didn't matter for them, but mattered for FSU. :bs:
I came here too see if anyone was taking about this. Alabama is in on recent bias. Florida State ought to burn it down.

Yeah the only argument against it is there is real change coming next year so this will never happen again. If this happened 5 years ago, absolutely they should be even more outraged than they already are. The committee just could not not take an SEC team.
I'm convinced if Georgia would have won on Saturday Texas would have been the one left out, but with Texas's win in Bama, they had to take Texas too when Bama beat Georgia.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
GidbobBustaMcNutt

MahlerFan1
Has thanked: 0

Post by MahlerFan1 » December 4th, 2023, 9:18 am

December 4th, 2023, 9:07 am
pilotaggie wrote:

Yeah the only argument against it is there is real change coming next year so this will never happen again. If this happened 5 years ago, absolutely they should be even more outraged than they already are. The committee just could not not take an SEC team.
I'm convinced if Georgia would have won on Saturday Texas would have been the one left out, but with Texas's win in Bama, they had to take Texas too when Bama beat Georgia.
Georgia is now the designated enforcer. Their task is to beat FSU as badly as possible so that the committee (and by extension the SEC) can save face.
These users thanked the author MahlerFan1 for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in Hawaii3rdGenAggie

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 4th, 2023, 12:21 pm

I just want to watch it all burn.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 4th, 2023, 12:34 pm

NVAggie wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 12:21 pm
I just want to watch it all burn.
What is your definition of burning? 12 team playoff is coming and there will eventually be a split with the top 40 programs or so. That will probably be for the best. USU can compete for a national championship with programs that don't have outrageous advantages over us.

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » December 4th, 2023, 1:50 pm

Cool how if it was 12 teams this year 10 of the 12 would be SEC/Big10 or members next year.
Barf.
These users thanked the author GordoAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 4th, 2023, 2:19 pm

GordoAggie wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 1:50 pm
Cool how if it was 12 teams this year 10 of the 12 would be SEC/Big10 or members next year.
Barf.
That is what it eventually will be. It will be 2 conferences and they'll have their own playoff. The current 12 team contract where 6 conference champs gets in is only for 2 seasons.

By the 2026 season I could see them have it just between those two conferences(they'll probably pick up Clemson, Florida State and a few others between the 2).

At that point we'll hopefully see a playoff for the rest of us so USU can get in.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » December 6th, 2023, 2:13 pm

I actually hope for a split someday relatively soon. There is just no way to compete with Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, et al. It will only get worse as TV contracts continue to increase and NIL money continues to become the norm. It sucks, but there really isn't anything we can realistically do about it. I would rather compete on our level.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » December 6th, 2023, 3:38 pm

pilotaggie wrote:

That doesn't help FSU now. They have never been in the CFP, and prior to last season, hadn't been to a NY6 since 2016. The legitimately have a case to make. I haven't found a good explanation of what the difference is between the NY6 bowl they will get and if they won the CFP (this also doesn't take into account the merch sales and such that would come from playing/winning the CFP).

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 6th, 2023, 4:03 pm

jpswensen wrote:
December 6th, 2023, 3:38 pm
pilotaggie wrote:

That doesn't help FSU now. They have never been in the CFP, and prior to last season, hadn't been to a NY6 since 2016. The legitimately have a case to make. I haven't found a good explanation of what the difference is between the NY6 bowl they will get and if they won the CFP (this also doesn't take into account the merch sales and such that would come from playing/winning the CFP).
They were in the first college football playoff, but sure it doesn't help this current team that the playoff is expanding, just that change is coming so a team in their shoes won't get screwed over going forward.

I definitely respect and get their outrage. All of the other playoff controversy's were between two 1 loss teams or in the BCS era Auburn got left out, but it was for two teams that were also undefeated. This is the first time in the BCS or playoff era where an undefeated P5 team got jumped for a 1 loss team. It sounds like their receivers Coleman and Wilson are skipping the Orange Bowl and I can't blame them.

BiocatAg

Post by BiocatAg » December 6th, 2023, 4:09 pm

Roll Tide! Life is good in Tuscaloosa right now.

I understand the FSU outrage. I'd be upset, too, if I weren't on the UA payroll. It is a bit ironic that the ACC was part of blocking playoff expansion this year just to spite the SEC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic