Formula one!

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
AggieFanNate

Formula one!

Post by AggieFanNate » February 20th, 2024, 5:50 pm

Anyone here enjoy formula one? Drop your preseason rankings below! I’m hoping we get a few races with some competition this year. I’m gonna be bold in my prediction even though we all know who is likely to win this year.

1. Red Bull: boring I know but we can’t bet against them. At least not until preseason testing and Bahrain.
2. McLaren: I know it’s really unlikely but if anyone is gonna beat Red Bull I think McLaren is the closest to doing it. They were easily the second fastest team last year at the end of the year.
3. Mercedes: they have an interesting concept that I think will bring them closer to Red Bull.
4. Ferrari: their design just wasn’t innovative enough. For me it’s a toss up with Aston Martin. But I think Ferrari has the better driver lineup.
5. Aston Martin: their car looks good and Alonso is amazing. Stroll sucks. I just don’t know if I can see them competing consistently with McLaren and Mercedes.
6. Williams: James vowels is a great team principle and I think they can achieve something. It’s not like alpine are any good usually anyways. They’re gonna be close with alpine and visa cash app rb. Hoping sergeant gets a lot better.
7. Visa Cash App RB: Daniel Ricciardo and Tsunoda are both great drivers. And I think with copying Red Bulls home work they’re gonna be really good.
8. Alpine: they’re boring and not very ambitious.
9. Sauber: same as alpine. I just can’t see them making a jump.
10. Haas: Haas will be haas this year.
These users thanked the author AggieFanNate for the post:
tjensen_25

tjensen_25

Re: Formula one!

Post by tjensen_25 » February 21st, 2024, 9:37 am

I can mostly get behind your ranking.

The one area where I'd guess differently is that Ferrari and Mercedes will be closer than Ferrari and AM. I even think that Ferrari will have the slight advantage there. Ferrari has had the single lap speed since 2022, just not the reliability and tire wear. I think that we'll see improvements there for them. I think that there is a reason, beyond money, that Lewis has already agreed to drive for Ferrari next year.

I'm really hopeful for William's season this year. Would love for Sergeant to have a good enough year to get another extension.

usugoalie13

Post by usugoalie13 » February 21st, 2024, 12:29 pm

Let's talk real racing though 😉 which series will be more successful? World of outlaws or high limit sprint cars?

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » February 21st, 2024, 1:14 pm

What do we think about the Christian Horner scandal (whatever it is, nobody seems to be talking)? What do we think about Hamilton to Ferrari next year? What about F1's rejection of Andretti/Cadillac?

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » February 21st, 2024, 2:35 pm

tjensen_25 wrote:
February 21st, 2024, 9:37 am
I can mostly get behind your ranking.

The one area where I'd guess differently is that Ferrari and Mercedes will be closer than Ferrari and AM. I even think that Ferrari will have the slight advantage there. Ferrari has had the single lap speed since 2022, just not the reliability and tire wear. I think that we'll see improvements there for them. I think that there is a reason, beyond money, that Lewis has already agreed to drive for Ferrari next year.

I'm really hopeful for William's season this year. Would love for Sergeant to have a good enough year to get another extension.
First I like your comments about Ferrari. They have been really strong just barely off from Red Bull this whole time. I guess it was just my initial reactions to the car Ferrari presented that made me think they’re gonna be lower than Mercedes. Ferrari didn’t start developing the 2024 car as early as Mercedes did and I’m just not seeing the innovation that I am on Mercedes. It just looks like a less developed car. But to be fair that stuff around halo looks interesting. I think 2-5 will all be crazy close though in general. But I can get behind saying Ferrari will be closer to Mercedes than it is Aston Martin.

I think Sargeant has potential. I think he could be really good if he can get established in f1. Kinda like tsunoda.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » February 21st, 2024, 2:43 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
February 21st, 2024, 1:14 pm
What do we think about the Christian Horner scandal (whatever it is, nobody seems to be talking)? What do we think about Hamilton to Ferrari next year? What about F1's rejection of Andretti/Cadillac?
I really don’t know much about the Horner scandal. I’ve never been a huge fan of Horner but it could be a giant blow to Red Bull if he leaves he is a really good team principle. I’m kinda hoping that this whole thing will be a distraction that leaves Red Bull a bit more vulnerable but testing seems to show that the Red Bull is still really good.

I love the move for Hamilton. I really like leclerc he is a crazy good driver and I feel bad for Sainz because in my opinion he did nothing wrong he was crazy solid his whole time at Ferrari. I’m excited to see the matchup though. I think leclerc can learn about race craft from Hamilton and even if he can’t beat Hamilton I think he will always be Ferraris guy once Hamilton leaves. Now it’s just up to Ferrari to make a winning car. On the Mercedes side I’m curious who will go in that seat. Lots of talk about kimi antonelli. But I think it’s too soon for him. I think a Alonso in that car would be good but personally I like what Aston Martin is doing and I see them making progress but Mercedes isn’t I guess? I just kinda trust Aston Martin more. But I’d wait a few races to really see where the Aston sits.

I’m pissed about the Andretti Cadillac thing. I have a brother who works for GM and he was pretty hyped about this. I think most Americans are hyped for it. I don’t think I know a single American who wouldn’t be more invested if there was a REAL American team on the grid basically a Cadillac works team. Especially with F1 considering a Chicago Grand Prix and investing so much in building the American fan base it feels really hollow to be doing all that but not allowing a serious player for the Americans into the field. However from what I’ve read Andretti is still designing their car and Cadillac is still on board. So I don’t think it’s game over yet. They both seem really dedicated to this so I think it’s a matter of time until f1 is almost forced to accept it. Unless the teams all raise the entrance fee even higher. I think HAAS should just quit and sell to Andretti. 😂

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » February 21st, 2024, 3:26 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
I'm a fan of nobody talking about it. Far too often, people are crucified before any details come out, regardless of what the truth is. Innocent until proven guilty seems to have gone by the wayside.

That being said, if he's guilty, he should immediately be fired and Red Bull should sever all ties.

I know testing doesn't mean a lot, but it looks like the Max show again this year. I really don't care what happens, as long as there's some entertainment and Lewis doesn't win. I hate Lewis.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » February 21st, 2024, 4:00 pm

tjensen_25 wrote:
February 21st, 2024, 3:26 pm
BigBlueDart wrote:
I'm a fan of nobody talking about it. Far too often, people are crucified before any details come out, regardless of what the truth is. Innocent until proven guilty seems to have gone by the wayside.

That being said, if he's guilty, he should immediately be fired and Red Bull should sever all ties.

I know testing doesn't mean a lot, but it looks like the Max show again this year. I really don't care what happens, as long as there's some entertainment and Lewis doesn't win. I hate Lewis.
The Red Bull is just too good looking haha. I’m still holding out hope that someone can pull some stuff out. I think as long as it’s not at dominant as last year and we get some wins for McLaren Ferrari and Mercedes if possible it’ll still be fun. If Aston can figure out their development maybe a win for them? Doubt haha. But it would be fun.

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » February 28th, 2024, 10:02 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
Christian Horner cleared of accusations by a third party investigation. Of course everyone on Twitter with the number 44 in their Twitter handle is claiming the whole investigation was rigged.

Excited to watch Free Practice tomorrow! I think that we could see a Ferrari on pole this weekend.

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » February 29th, 2024, 11:21 am

don't know if link will work, but it was pretty funny!!!

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » March 1st, 2024, 9:44 am

tipitup wrote:
February 29th, 2024, 11:21 am
don't know if link will work, but it was pretty funny!!!

Link worked for me. Way oversimplified, but still a funny take.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic