Mock draft simulators

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
El Sapo

Mock draft simulators

Post by El Sapo » April 19th, 2024, 11:01 am

Been "playing" with a few of these draft simulators. Very fun. Not sure how accurate they are but after a few dozen drafts I'm starting to see some trends as far as the first 4 rounds. I've been mocking the Raiders.

Gives me a lot more respect for the people making the picks because you can just start over on your computer when you make a mistake, but the team has to live with their one-shot picks.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
aggies22

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Mock draft simulators

Post by NVAggie » April 19th, 2024, 11:17 am

El Sapo wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 11:01 am
Been "playing" with a few of these draft simulators. Very fun. Not sure how accurate they are but after a few dozen drafts I'm starting to see some trends as far as the first 4 rounds. I've been mocking the Raiders.

Gives me a lot more respect for the people making the picks because you can just start over on your computer when you make a mistake, but the team has to live with their one-shot picks.
So you have joined the throng of people who have been doing so for decades. Even Raider fans are turning against their team now.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 3):
sam tingeyEl SapoQuackAttackAggie

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » April 19th, 2024, 5:23 pm

Do the Vikings do anything other than take JJ McCarthy in the first? Please say yes

Not sent from Tapatalk

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 19th, 2024, 7:04 pm

trevordude wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 5:23 pm
Do the Vikings do anything other than take JJ McCarthy in the first? Please say yes
They will either draft him or trade for Kyle Trask.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 19th, 2024, 8:28 pm

I’ve played with the free one.Not finna pay for pff.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/us ... ck-2746196
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 3):
trevordudeEl Sapoaggies22

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 20th, 2024, 9:40 am

NVAggie wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 11:17 am
El Sapo wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 11:01 am

So you have joined the throng of people who have been doing so for decades. Even Raider fans are turning against their team now.
:lol: Haven't you joined the dark side yet?

The Raiders of old were vicious and crazy and cruel. Hanging around their locker room was like hanging around the weight room at Folsom Prison.

Hunter S. Thompson
AGinNEIowa

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 20th, 2024, 9:53 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 8:28 pm

I stay at 4 rounds.

ESPN and Pro Football Network also have free simulators. That one you're using is a little crazy but might be the most fun because it gives your picks grades at the end. Crazy because of the trades it proposes and how it lets supposedly locked in top ten picks drop into the teens.

Good to try the others because you will see that the players have different rankings.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 20th, 2024, 9:58 am

trevordude wrote:
JJ's long gone by #11. The QB who drops in these sims in Jaden Danials. Maybe because I've traded up to get him a couple of times and the algorithm wants to keep me playing.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 20th, 2024, 10:15 am

My best Raider mock drafts happen when I am able to trade down. They need a couple of OT, OG, DT, CB, RB and a QB. I can get 5 of the 6 if the right trade is proposed.

I take the Tulane QB in round 4 at #112. Penix, Bo Nix and Rattler are not worth picks in the first 3 rounds. IMHO.

trevordude

Post by trevordude » April 20th, 2024, 11:09 am

El Sapo wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 9:58 am
trevordude wrote:
JJ's long gone by #11. The QB who drops in these sims in Jaden Danials. Maybe because I've traded up to get him a couple of times and the algorithm wants to keep me playing.
I don't want the Vikings to trade up to get a sub-par QB, just cause they have QB fever. I'm ok to wait and have a year of mediocrity with Sam Darnold if it means trading for a top 15 QB down the road, or drafting someone legit.

I'll take the top QB out of the UFL
Last edited by trevordude on April 20th, 2024, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not sent from Tapatalk

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 20th, 2024, 12:09 pm

El Sapo wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 9:53 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 8:28 pm

I stay at 4 rounds.

ESPN and Pro Football Network also have free simulators. That one you're using is a little crazy but might be the most fun because it gives your picks grades at the end. Crazy because of the trades it proposes and how it lets supposedly locked in top ten picks drop into the teens.

Good to try the others because you will see that the players have different rankings.
Thats true. A few weeks ago Alt was available to the pack.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 23rd, 2024, 1:11 pm

trevordude wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 11:09 am
El Sapo wrote:
trevordude wrote:
I don't want the Vikings to trade up to get a sub-par QB, just cause they have QB fever. I'm ok to wait and have a year of mediocrity with Sam Darnold if it means trading for a top 15 QB down the road, or drafting someone legit.

Just saw an NFL QB evaluator report on the QB's. He has JJ and Drake Maye as his top 2 followed by Caleb. Those are his only 1st round rated QB's. He has Jaden Daniels as a 2nd round pick. Surprised me by saying Rattler was draftable and the BYU QB would also make it as a pro. Interesting to see if the actual draft follows his evaluation. While the flavor of the month is "elusive/mobile" QB's, the guy pointed out that Danials and Caleb only track one WR before they tuck and run. Sure they were able to pull that off against teams made up of future car salesman but that's not going to happen in the NFL.

He was dismissive of Penix and didn't even mention Bo Nix.

He said Joe Burrow is who you'll get with JJ.
trevordude

trevordude

Post by trevordude » April 23rd, 2024, 1:42 pm

El Sapo wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 1:11 pm
trevordude wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
trevordude wrote:

Just saw an NFL QB evaluator report on the QB's. He has JJ and Drake Maye as his top 2 followed by Caleb. Those are his only 1st round rated QB's. He has Jaden Daniels as a 2nd round pick. Surprised me by saying Rattler was draftable and the BYU QB would also make it as a pro. Interesting to see if the actual draft follows his evaluation. While the flavor of the month is "elusive/mobile" QB's, the guy pointed out that Danials and Caleb only track one WR before they tuck and run. Sure they were able to pull that off against teams made up of future car salesman but that's not going to happen in the NFL.

You're making me feel better. I keep hearing both Arizona and New England might be looking to trade down. Interesting to see if the Vikings go all in

Not sent from Tapatalk

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 24th, 2024, 10:15 am

trevordude wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 1:42 pm
El Sapo wrote:
trevordude wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
trevordude wrote:

You're making me feel better. I keep hearing both Arizona and New England might be looking to trade down. Interesting to see if the Vikings go all in
Sometimes the decision you don't get to make is the best one. Hopefully the Vikes and the Raiders don't waste a bunch of future draft picks on potential busts like Jaden or Penix. I'd love to see Caleb drop to 3rd or 4th QB picked. See if he still demands a part ownership in the team that drafts him. LOL The bad news is that if these QB's fall out of the top 10, there might not be a day one starting OT available for the Raiders, which is what they desperately need.
AGinNEIowa

trevordude

Post by trevordude » April 25th, 2024, 7:23 pm

trevordude wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 1:42 pm
El Sapo wrote:
trevordude wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
trevordude wrote:

Really hoping the Michigan QB who didn't throw much is a comp to Joe Burrow, leader of the greatest offense in NCAA history

Not sent from Tapatalk

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 26th, 2024, 8:25 am

WTF Was that draft

trevordude

Post by trevordude » April 26th, 2024, 8:31 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 8:25 am
WTF Was that draft
Hype, so much hype.

To be fair about all the QB's, tons of injuries last year all over the league. But half those guys shouldn't be 1st round picks.

A senior WR is expensive these days. Or you can draft Jordan Addison, Puka Nacua, and pay them rookie money

Even with that logic, I don't think this year's first round class will be any more or less impactful than historical ones

Not sent from Tapatalk

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 26th, 2024, 10:28 am

Confused about the Raiders selection of Georgia TE Brock Bowers until I read this:

Bowers was born to be an elite athlete. His mother is in the Utah State Hall of Fame for her softball career, and his father received all-conference awards as a center on the Utah State football team.

Now the pick makes perfect sense
AGinNEIowa

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 26th, 2024, 10:38 am

trevordude wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 8:31 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 8:25 am
WTF Was that draft
Hype, so much hype.

To be fair about all the QB's, tons of injuries last year all over the league. But half those guys shouldn't be 1st round picks.

A senior WR is expensive these days. Or you can draft Jordan Addison, Puka Nacua, and pay them rookie money

Even with that logic, I don't think this year's first round class will be any more or less impactful than historical ones
:cheers:
Stats say only 1 in 3 of the QB's drafted in the 1st round will make it as starters in the NFL, so only 2 of those 6 guys picked will make it. There is some discussion going on now about the marketing angle associated with drafting a QB. It's the cheapest/best way to get your fanbase energized and willing to buy season tix. If they can play is secondary.
trevordude

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 26th, 2024, 8:47 pm

Im convinced that the cowboys use the military, cancer kids, etc to announce picks because they know everyone else hates them and don’t want to get boo’d.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » May 2nd, 2024, 10:18 am

Raiders drafted another Utah connected player in round 2.

Jackson Powers Johnson C/G Corner Canyon HS.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/C08dqVxc ... ture=share

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic