Women's Soccer Tickets??

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
GordoAggie

Women's Soccer Tickets??

Post by GordoAggie » April 30th, 2024, 7:29 am

Got an email this morning that season tickets for Women's Soccer are now on sale. I go to a few matches a year and it's always been free. Be interesting to see how this effects attendance.

Aggiefan33

Re: Women's Soccer Tickets??

Post by Aggiefan33 » April 30th, 2024, 8:21 am

I got that email and wondered myself.

Crossing sports, I put my 'deposit' down for Volleyball and the deposit was almost what I thought season tickets were last year. But they did mention I could get reserved seating, so I was excited about that part.

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » April 30th, 2024, 10:07 am

Last year was so awesome that it was pretty sad that we weren't taking a gate fee.

I have news for all Aggies: the Aggie soccer experience > the Aggie football experience. There, I said it.

It looks like it might be a $5 entrance fee this year. If this affects attendance, I'll never forgive our fanbase. :rant:

Standing offer: I'm buying a pair of soccer season tickets, and if you want to go, but are too cheap to fork out the $5-$10 (or are a student trying to get a family member or friend in or something), hit me up, and I'll send them over to you for free for a single game (If I'm not already going. I plan to go to maybe 1 or 2).

:scotsman:
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post (total 3):
AngusAgYoungBloodAggieAggiefan33

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » April 30th, 2024, 12:11 pm

I'm excited to see how the team does this year. Anybody know what expectations are? Do we return many players from last year, did we get some good recruits? What were the biggest losses and do we have good replacements?

I'm interested, but uneducated :P
These users thanked the author TrueAggieman for the post:
918AGG

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

rAggie

Post by rAggie » April 30th, 2024, 12:52 pm

Championship calibre teams should cost money to see. One of the things you’re seeing our new AD do is find new revenue streams and ways to modernize our programs (giving the product away for free benefits no one except the freeloader).

Wait until you see what happens to basketball ticket pricing 😈
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post (total 2):
918AGGAGinNEIowa

Showing my True Colors since 2022

shoresy

Post by shoresy » April 30th, 2024, 1:15 pm

Yeah, I have no problem with charging a few bucks to watch a good product. We'll be far from the only D1 soccer team charging for admission, it's easily worth 5-10 dollars.

The team should be really good again this season. They a couple of all-MW type players, but have some pretty strong underclassmen, a couple of transfers and an impressive looking recruiting class. I'd guess they're picked 2 or 3 in the preseason poll.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post:
918AGG

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » April 30th, 2024, 1:39 pm

rAggie wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 12:52 pm
Championship calibre teams should cost money to see. One of the things you’re seeing our new AD do is find new revenue streams and ways to modernize our programs (giving the product away for free benefits no one except the freeloader).

I'm committed to doubling my season ticket allotment for basketball next year. Excellent product, terribly underpriced. As evidence, I bought basketball season tickets last year and sold only the tickets to the conference games on Seat Geek and made a pretty decent profit (unless you're an IRS Agent... In which case, I sold at a profound loss). The school should get some of that delta (and will).

:utah: :state:

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » April 30th, 2024, 1:46 pm

I should also add that I really want one of those USU Soccer scarves but don't know where to buy one.

I was looking for one at the game that I went to in Logan last year, but the merch on hand at the game was non-existent. Instead, I gave my credit card to my wife and kids and told them to buy whatever snacks they want. They obliged.

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » April 30th, 2024, 2:21 pm

Wow, looks like Coach Martins has put together a strong out of conference schedule:

https://utahstateaggies.com/news/2024/4 ... edule.aspx

Impressive! Too bad none of the in-state games are at home.
These users thanked the author TrueAggieman for the post:
918AGG

shoresy

Post by shoresy » April 30th, 2024, 2:45 pm

TrueAggieman wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 2:21 pm
Wow, looks like Coach Martins has put together a strong out of conference schedule:

Yeah, seems like most of last year's in-state games were, so I'm guessing they just alternate. Strange that they wouldn't be at least a little bit staggered though.

Hosting Texas Tech and Wazzau is pretty cool though. Texas Tech was a top 10 team last year.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post:
918AGG

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » April 30th, 2024, 5:32 pm

shoresy wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 2:45 pm
TrueAggieman wrote:

Yeah, seems like most of last year's in-state games were, so I'm guessing they just alternate. Strange that they wouldn't be at least a little bit staggered though.

Hosting Texas Tech and Wazzau is pretty cool though. Texas Tech was a top 10 team last year.
I'm going to do my best to be at the Texas Tech, Wyoming, and CSU games. Should be a great year!

shoresy

Post by shoresy » April 30th, 2024, 8:20 pm

918AGG wrote:
shoresy wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:

I'm going to do my best to be at the Texas Tech, Wyoming, and CSU games. Should be a great year!
On the flip side, it’s a great schedule for Wasatch Front Aggies! Games at Weber, UVU, BYU and Utah

Section_L_Aggie

Post by Section_L_Aggie » April 30th, 2024, 8:40 pm

shoresy wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 8:20 pm
918AGG wrote:
shoresy wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:

On the flip side, it’s a great schedule for Wasatch Front Aggies! Games at Weber, UVU, BYU and Utah
Bummer that the game against BYU is the same day as our home football opener.

:utah: :state: :scotsman:

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » May 1st, 2024, 9:47 am

918AGG wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 5:32 pm
shoresy wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:

Unfortunately there's only one weekend where FB and Soccer play both play at home: October 19 (UNM) and 20 (AFA). (Also could do Utah football on 9/14 and soccer at Weber on 9/15 with a little effort.) Would it make sense for the conference to try to schedule conference games where out-of-town fans could get to both games over a weekend?

FWIW: volleyball is only a little more fruitful. We play Air Force at home 10/12, same day as the UNLV football game; and SDSU on 11/16, same day as Hawaii in the Mav. But a Mav/Club Estes parlay sounds like a perfect Saturday.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
918AGG

Nobody here knows anything.

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » May 8th, 2024, 11:30 am

I am jealous of UVU and their new soccer stadium:

https://www.uvu.edu/news/2022/10/2022_1 ... adium.html

Wish we had a donor into soccer like that. But to be fair, they don't have a football program/stadium to poor money into. Makes me wonder how much money it would take to make Bell Field one of the best in the country. It doesn't seem like an impossible goal based on other stadiums.

https://www.slamstox.com/en/insights-fu ... acilities/

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 8th, 2024, 2:19 pm

TrueAggieman wrote:
May 8th, 2024, 11:30 am

Wish we had a donor into soccer like that. But to be fair, they don't have a football program/stadium to poor money into. Makes me wonder how much money it would take to make Bell Field one of the best in the country. It doesn't seem like an impossible goal based on other stadiums.

It is your fault for not investing in bitcoin when it was 10 dollars.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
TrueAggieman

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » May 8th, 2024, 3:40 pm

TrueAggieman wrote:
May 8th, 2024, 11:30 am

100%. Volleyball has Estes, which is pretty damn phenomenal. Something with a similar vibe would be great for soccer.

Soccer will get there if we keep having seasons like last year and keep Manny Martins around.

I tried to go to a soccer and football game in the same weekend last year, but only got to go to a soccer game (I-80 was closed due to a winter storm). The soccer game was so wonderful that I almost didn't care about missing football (the Fresno game).

ususports

Post by ususports » May 10th, 2024, 9:57 am

rAggie wrote:
April 30th, 2024, 12:52 pm
How much are they going up?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic