NFL Cuts

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hickaggie

NFL Cuts

Post by hickaggie » September 4th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Looked like Zach made it and both Jalen and Leavitt made the practice squads. Leavitt was the most surprising as the Raiders only kept 4 safeties on the regular roster and he beat out a bunch of other guys for the practice squad spot. He could easily be on the regular roster this year. The Dolphins seem high on Davis too.

Mo Alexander was a surprise cut along with Marwin Evans. Seahawks traded for another safety and only kept 4. Sharp made the initial roster with the Giants but lost it when they traded for ex ute Kailin Clay to to return punts. Kerwynn got caught in a log jam. Ricky Alifua got cut too and Mays got waived after an injury settlement.

Imakeitrain

Re: NFL Cuts

Post by Imakeitrain » September 4th, 2018, 1:21 pm

I was shocked that Mo and Kerwynn, Evans and Kerwynn were cut. (Although Kerwynn has had a longer than expected NFL career). These guys have a lot of fight in them though. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them back on a team in the near future.

Tangent! (Now that you mention Leavitt and Davis)

One of the biggest disappointments of Madden 19, right next to Madden 19 is I couldn't find Leavitt or Davis on any of the rosters. I hadn't purchased a Madden in like 3 years- so I was excited to play with new NFL Aggies. I used to trade a bunch of players on "my team" for draft picks and Aggies. (I'd then adjust the Aggies for I thought they were).

In addition it's incredibly expensive to trade for Aggies. I'm like "I want a 71 Robert Turbin" and they're like we want a 94 overall corner.... WTF!

Also: Madden sucks in general. This game just isn't fun.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » September 5th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Leavitt made the practice squad? Dang! I thought he was really solid, but I'm surprised. Raiders plan to use /convert one of their vet corners at safety, so he could be farther back than 4. I think he led the league in preseason tackles. Raiders all about performance right now. You don't show up in practice? You aren't staying around.

Chuckie trying to be all business like Belichick

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 5th, 2018, 6:26 pm

If you think about it, it’s more impressive to make a practice squad than an NFL roster. There are only 192 practice squad spots available, as opposed to 1696 NfL roster spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » September 5th, 2018, 6:47 pm

El Sapo wrote:
September 5th, 2018, 6:21 pm
I think he led the league in preseason tackles.
He was 34th in the league and 3rd on the Raiders. Not bad, but not the league leader.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 5th, 2018, 6:50 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
He was 34th in the league and 3rd on the Raiders. Not bad, but not the league leader.
Yeah, but still.

Hail Aggies!

bleu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bleu » September 6th, 2018, 12:39 am

ChicAggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
He was first in special teams tackles. At least that’s what he posted on Twitter.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 6th, 2018, 6:43 am

Oh boy, did he really tweet his stats like a certain QB?

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » September 6th, 2018, 7:25 am

hickaggie wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 12:44 pm
Looked like Zach made it and both Jalen and Leavitt made the practice squads. Leavitt was the most surprising as the Raiders only kept 4 safeties on the regular roster and he beat out a bunch of other guys for the practice squad spot. He could easily be on the regular roster this year. The Dolphins seem high on Davis too.

Mo Alexander was a surprise cut along with Marwin Evans. Seahawks traded for another safety and only kept 4. Sharp made the initial roster with the Giants but lost it when they traded for ex ute Kailin Clay to to return punts. Kerwynn got caught in a log jam. Ricky Alifua got cut too and Mays got waived after an injury settlement.
I'd seen an earlier report that said this about Mays as well, but according to the NFL website, he was placed on the injured reserve list instead.

Nobody here knows anything.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 6th, 2018, 7:39 am

dyedblue wrote:
September 6th, 2018, 6:43 am
Oh boy, did he really tweet his stats like a certain QB? Image

With him being a long shot to make an NFL roster period. I think I'll give him a pass. I'm guessing he simply trying to point out what can be accomplished with hard work and tenacity. It's not like he posts his line after he just lost to New Mexico.

bleu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bleu » September 6th, 2018, 7:12 pm

aggies22 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
September 6th, 2018, 6:43 am
Oh boy, did he really tweet his stats like a certain QB? Image

With him being a long shot to make an NFL roster period. I think I'll give him a pass. I'm guessing he simply trying to point out what can be accomplished with hard work and tenacity. It's not like he posts his line after he just lost to New Mexico.
He tweeted that he set a goal to lead the NFL in special teams tackles, and he did exactly that. I thought it was perfectly acceptable.

Locked Previous topicNext topic