Will be rooting for USU before we win by blow out in conference play

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dogie

Re: Will be rooting for USU before we win by blow out in conference play

Post by dogie » December 8th, 2019, 6:39 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 6:01 pm
Roy

except we don't have to win the MWC tournament to get an at large bid unlike last year.
This doesn’t even make sense. Winning a conference tournament isn’t how an at large bid is earned.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » December 8th, 2019, 6:42 pm

A Mormon BYU fan (Zoobie), SDS a$$tec is among us.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 8th, 2019, 6:46 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 6:14 pm
SDSU wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 6:04 pm
thunder, non conference sos only gets applied on selection sunday. Ask monmouth that when they won a couple of non conference road power conference schools (UCLA for example) yet they didn't get a bid

also, even if you Utah st had a better non conf. sos pre season, if they didn't win any meaningful games, it's as good as useless any way. Losing to st mary's and florida for example isn't good
I see what you mean but by conference end, St Marys, Florida, and LSU may very well be in the top 25 as I am sure they will do good in conference. Iowa and Creighton will probably not be ranked any time during the season. I just mentioned preseason because you said what genius scheduled USU non conference schedule. Whoever did it was really smart as Florida was #4 and LSU was top 20 and coming off a sweet 16.
XD the selection committee doesn't care about pre season rankings nor games USU did NOT win. They only care about who they beat and the strength of schedule on selection sunday.

SDSU winning the Vegas invitational pretty much solidified our at large bid. Yes, the tournament with Creighton, Texas Tech, Iowa and SDSU.

beating creighton by 30(projected top 2-3 team in their conference and they beat texas tech) winning @BYU (projected top 2 team in their conference), and beating Iowa by 10 points (projected to be a NCAA tournament team and finish top 3-4 in their conference). Add in the fact that we will most likely go unbeaten in our non conference schedule.

at this point, a 26-8 SDSU team for example is good enough to be a bubble team, but a 26-8 USU team will NOT be good enough to be a bubble team. The chances of sdsu getting 8 losses(basically we would need to lose 1/3 of our remaining games) is VERY UNLIKELY.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » December 8th, 2019, 6:47 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:
thunder, non conference sos only gets applied on selection sunday. Ask monmouth that when they won a couple of non conference road power conference schools (UCLA for example) yet they didn't get a bid

also, even if you Utah st had a better non conf. sos pre season, if they didn't win any meaningful games, it's as good as useless any way. Losing to st mary's and florida for example isn't good
I see what you mean but by conference end, St Marys, Florida, and LSU may very well be in the top 25 as I am sure they will do good in conference. Iowa and Creighton will probably not be ranked any time during the season. I just mentioned preseason because you said what genius scheduled USU non conference schedule. Whoever did it was really smart as Florida was #4 and LSU was top 20 and coming off a sweet 16.
Strength of schedule doesn’t mean anything really anymore in and of itself. All that matters now is Q1 and Q2 wins and avoiding bad Q3 and Q4 losses of which you guys just barely escaped maybe the worst Q4 loss possible.

Looking at predictive results with OOC in parentheses:

Q1 Q2
USU 5(3) 3(0)
SDSU 4(2) 4(0)

Looks pretty even from a scheduling perspective and gives USU a slight advantage.

Game have to be played though. Now we have lost one of the Q1 games and need to win the future ones but that goes without saying. SDSU has won one Q1 game already.

The committee will also consider major injury impacts to teams. SDSU win will be discounted bc they beat BYU without Childs. Our loss will be discounted bc we didn’t have either of our 2 starting centers including NBA prospect. The St. Mary’s loss will not hurt us. A future loss will hurt us more as Queta is back now. Our neutral win next Friday against BYU though will carry as much weight as your road victory against BYU bc they will be at full strength now with Childs back.

Neither team is guaranteed anything right now. I hope both teams win out the rest of the non-conference and have a great series against each other, go undefeated in conference outside of the other and meet in the championship game. I think both would get good seeding in the tournament. I also don’t think 3 teams from the MWC is out of the question this year either, especially if it’s New Mexico getting that 3rd bid.

Good luck with your trolling though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 8th, 2019, 6:47 pm

WAAggie wrote:A Mormon BYU fan (Zoobie), SDS a$$tec is among us.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 8th, 2019, 6:51 pm

dogie wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 6:39 pm
SDSU wrote:
Roy

except we don't have to win the MWC tournament to get an at large bid unlike last year.
This doesn’t even make sense. Winning a conference tournament isn’t how an at large bid is earned.
No need to cherry pick, u knew exactly what i meant lol

SDSU doesn't need to win the MWC tournament to get in the ncaa tournament.

there, i stand corrected =)

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 8th, 2019, 6:51 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 6:46 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

XD the selection committee doesn't care about pre season rankings nor games USU did NOT win. They only care about who they beat and the strength of schedule on selection sunday.

SDSU winning the Vegas invitational pretty much solidified our at large bid. Yes, the tournament with Creighton, Texas Tech, Iowa and SDSU.

beating creighton by 30(projected top 2-3 team in their conference and they beat texas tech) winning @BYU (projected top 2 team in their conference), and beating Iowa by 10 points (projected to be a NCAA tournament team and finish top 3-4 in their conference). Add in the fact that we will most likely go unbeaten in our non conference schedule.

at this point, a 26-8 SDSU team for example is good enough to be a bubble team, but a 26-8 USU team will NOT be good enough to be a bubble team. The chances of sdsu getting 8 losses(basically we would need to lose 1/3 of our remaining games) is VERY UNLIKELY.
Great job you must be so proud of your team. Not sure why you are worried if the Aggies get an at large bid. Worry about what you can control which is nothing in this matter. There is no way to know how this will turn out.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 8th, 2019, 6:55 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 6:51 pm
dogie wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 6:39 pm
SDSU wrote:
Roy

No need to cherry pick, u knew exactly what i meant lol

SDSU doesn't need to win the MWC tournament to get in the ncaa tournament.

there, i stand corrected =)
I am glad you know how the rest of the year is going to play. SDSU should not even play the rest of the games because your Destiny is already set. Who knows how your team will finish in conference.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 8th, 2019, 7:00 pm

I used to know this kid who was a good athlete, but he lacked self confidence, couldn't compliment anyone, couldn't praise anyone. He felt any acknowledgement of accomplishment of others somehow made his star shine less brightly. It was too bad, it made him look weak.

SDSU, have more confidence, you have a good team.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 8th, 2019, 7:02 pm

scotlandog wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 6:47 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

Strength of schedule doesn’t mean anything really anymore in and of itself. All that matters now is Q1 and Q2 wins and avoiding bad Q3 and Q4 losses of which you guys just barely escaped maybe the worst Q4 loss possible.

Q1 Q2
USU 5(3) 3(0)
SDSU 4(2) 4(0)

Looks pretty even from a scheduling perspective and gives USU a slight advantage.

Game have to be played though. Now we have lost one of the Q1 games and need to win the future ones but that goes without saying. SDSU has won one Q1 game already.

The committee will also consider major injury impacts to teams. SDSU win will be discounted bc they beat BYU without Childs. Our loss will be discounted bc we didn’t have either of our 2 starting centers including NBA prospect. The St. Mary’s loss will not hurt us. A future loss will hurt us more as Queta is back now. Our neutral win next Friday against BYU though will carry as much weight as your road victory against BYU bc they will be at full strength now with Childs back.

Neither team is guaranteed anything right now. I hope both teams win out the rest of the non-conference and have a great series against each other, go undefeated in conference outside of the other and meet in the championship game. I think both would get good seeding in the tournament. I also don’t think 3 teams from the MWC is out of the question this year either, especially if it’s New Mexico getting that 3rd bid.

nope, SDSU is pretty much guaranteed. USU is not. our resume is stronger than yours. Which means a 28-6 SDSU team will get an at large over a 28-6 utah st team. One win against LSU won't matter. There are a lot of p5 schools who have plenty of top 25 or top 50 wins and they dont' get in either.

beat creighton by 30, who then beat then-ranked Texas Tech
Beat Iowa by 10
Beat @BYU

none of these were home games. it was either a road game or a neutral game.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 8th, 2019, 7:09 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 7:02 pm
scotlandog wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

Q1 Q2
USU 5(3) 3(0)
SDSU 4(2) 4(0)

nope, SDSU is pretty much guaranteed. USU is not. our resume is stronger than yours. Which means a 28-6 SDSU team will get an at large over a 28-6 utah st team. One win against LSU won't matter. There are a lot of p5 schools who have plenty of top 25 or top 50 wins and they dont' get in either.

Beat Iowa by 10
Beat @BYU

The resume is truly amazing. Why even play the rest of the year.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Real Life Aggie

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 8th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
SDSU wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

Great job you must be so proud of your team. Not sure why you are worried if the Aggies get an at large bid. Worry about what you can control which is nothing in this matter. There is no way to know how this will turn out.
I want the MWC to be a 2 bid league

why does it hurt if i tell ppl the truth? Either run the table in conference play(or close to it) or sweep SDSU, that's really their only chances of getting an at large. why is that so difficult to understand. Beating Florida helps mitigate this criteria.

SDSU is guaranteed, they already accumulated a good enough resume for an at large. Beating the Utes in non conf or Utah st just ONCE will pretty much 100% the deal.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » December 8th, 2019, 7:16 pm

SDSU wrote:

Beat Iowa by 10
Beat @BYU

Beat powerhouse SJSU by 2 at home who beat once-ranked Simpson(Calif) by 25

Bolding the numbers really gets the point across.
These users thanked the author Turtle for the post (total 3):
codingaggieQuackAttackAggieaggies22

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 8th, 2019, 7:44 pm

I was worried we were going to lose to BYU this week, but now our SDSU good luck charm is back and I am feeling confident.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggieFBObsession

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » December 8th, 2019, 7:58 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 7:12 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
SDSU wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

I want the MWC to be a 2 bid league

why does it hurt if i tell ppl the truth? Either run the table in conference play(or close to it) or sweep SDSU, that's really their only chances of getting an at large. why is that so difficult to understand. Beating Florida helps mitigate this criteria.

SDSU is guaranteed, they already accumulated a good enough resume for an at large. Beating the Utes in non conf or Utah st just ONCE will pretty much 100% the deal.
Yep I have to admit you are right. Just beat Utah and Utah State just once for a total of 12 wins and your dancing! Who cares if you lose all the other ones. That solid 12-17 record with wins over the powerhouse BYU, Creighton, Iowa, Utah, and Utah State will solidify an at large.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » December 8th, 2019, 8:46 pm

Cheering for the Aztecs all year aside from our games. New Mexico looks good too. Nevada is surging. UNLV only one not pulling their weight. MWC needs to get back to at least a 3 bid league and that happens when its big 5 are good.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » December 8th, 2019, 9:12 pm

These users thanked the author Dwigt for the post:
aggies22

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » December 8th, 2019, 9:30 pm

SDSU wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

Q1 Q2
USU 5(3) 3(0)
SDSU 4(2) 4(0)

Beat Iowa by 10
Beat @BYU

Haha. Nice refuting of my points. Creighton and Iowa aren’t even projected to be Q2 wins, they are looking more like Q3 wins even with the world beating Texas Tech win. So you have a single Q1 win against a team without their best player and you think you’re in already? Haha. You better sweep us and pray Iowa and Creighton make some major runs in conference. You get swept by us and you will be watching us from home come March. Haha. Good luck. You’ll need it.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 9th, 2019, 3:05 am

scotlandog wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 9:30 pm
SDSU wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

Q1 Q2
USU 5(3) 3(0)
SDSU 4(2) 4(0)

Beat Iowa by 10
Beat @BYU

Haha. Nice refuting of my points. Creighton and Iowa aren’t even projected to be Q2 wins, they are looking more like Q3 wins even with the world beating Texas Tech win. So you have a single Q1 win against a team without their best player and you think you’re in already? Haha. You better sweep us and pray Iowa and Creighton make some major runs in conference. You get swept by us and you will be watching us from home come March. Haha. Good luck. You’ll need it.

LOl the teams WE beat has a better ncaa resume than utah st.

BYU is basically in. They scheduled a strong non conf. and already have three quality wins. All they gotta do is beat gonzaga/st mary's once or twice in their 5 attempts and they should get in

U aggie fans don't have clue the importance of non conference. ;it will bite you in selection sunday. Hell, any loss to a .500 conference team will hurt. if BYU beats USU, that's FOUR quality wins for BYU.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 9th, 2019, 3:09 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 7:44 pm
I was worried we were going to lose to BYU this week, but now our SDSU good luck charm is back and I am feeling confident.
uh you should be worried. They are the favorites, and already notched three quality wins in their VERY strong non conference schedule.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 9th, 2019, 5:17 am

SDSU wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 3:09 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 7:44 pm
uh you should be worried. They are the favorites, and already notched three quality wins in their VERY strong non conference schedule.
You seem awfully enamored (big word, I know, just Google the definition) with byu. Perhaps you guys should just leave the Mountain West and go join the WCC church ball league. After all, San Jose State nearly proved to be too big a challenge for you guys. Go beat up on Portland and San Francisco.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
TurtleReal Life Aggie

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » December 9th, 2019, 7:30 am

I like this guy :lol:

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 9th, 2019, 8:45 am

I love how homeboy won’t acknowledge or respond to any posts talking about their “amazing win” at home against SJSU. This thread was started before that game and my man was probably sweating it big time until that three went in.

I think SDSU is playing their best basketball right now and are peaking too soon. Hardly any teams play their best ball the full year and have slumps.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 9th, 2019, 8:48 am

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 8:45 am
I love how homeboy won’t acknowledge or respond to any posts talking about their “amazing win” at home against SJSU. This thread was started before that game and my man was probably sweating it big time until that three went in.

I think SDSU is playing their best basketball right now and are peaking too soon. Hardly any teams play their best ball the full year and have slumps.
Facts and logic tend to go right over the heads of trolls. Even the most blue goggled BYU fan doesn't believe that they've done enough yet to guarantee a spot in the NCAA tournament yet this guy claims that they are already in (along with SDSU). There is still a lot of season to be played and USU still has a few OOC games to bolster it's resume.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 9th, 2019, 9:34 am

BYU's @houston, virginia tech, and UCLA are solid wins. They also have four cracks at gonzaga/st mary's and another 1 pr 2 more in their conf. Tournament. No bad losses either. They're basically guaranted at this point. Unless they go 0/6 against gonzaga/st marys. They have thd toughest non conference sched

Either way, if BYU wins, we benefit. If USU wins, it will make the mwc benefit. Honestly, i don't think usu will win. Either way, im happy with the results

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 9th, 2019, 9:42 am

SDSU wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 9:34 am
BYU's @houston, virginia tech, and UCLA are solid wins. They also have four cracks at gonzaga/st mary's and another 1 pr 2 more in their conf. Tournament. No bad losses either. They're basically guaranted at this point. Unless they go 0/6 against gonzaga/st marys. They have thd toughest non conference sched

Either way, if BYU wins, we benefit. If USU wins, it will make the mwc benefit. Honestly, i don't think usu will win. Either way, im happy with the results
UCLA is ranked 112 in KenPom and also has a loss to Hofstra. They have a brand name but I wouldn't say that it's a solid win. Houston @ VT are. As far as losses go, losing to Boise and Utah are definitely not "good losses" Neither will be quad 1 and there is a good chance that they aren't quad 2 either.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 9th, 2019, 9:45 am

Do you guys actually expect this jacka$$ to know what the Quad system means? He's already shown a complete disregard for logic, let alone using the Quad system that the selection committee will use.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
ProvoAggie

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » December 9th, 2019, 9:53 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 9:42 am
SDSU wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 9:34 am

UCLA is ranked 112 in KenPom and also has a loss to Hofstra. They have a brand name but I wouldn't say that it's a solid win. Houston @ VT are. As far as losses go, losing to Boise and Utah are definitely not "good losses" Neither will be quad 1 and there is a good chance that they aren't quad 2 either.
I just like how he always says guaranteed and like they just win these games and its a done deal. Forget the other 15 games they play. BYU still has to play San Francisco, Santa Clara, Portland and many other conference games. I expect them to lose some of these too, just like USU and SDSU are gonna lose one or two bad games to conference foes.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » December 9th, 2019, 9:58 am

This guy keeps saying the same thing over and over again... Signs of a true troll.

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » December 9th, 2019, 10:02 am

I'm sure all of you are taking TrollBoy's statements as the honest truth, but before you go all in on all his opinions, you might want to review this thread to see how he does on projecting returning players, point spreads, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49182

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 9th, 2019, 11:08 am

Honestly, we need a Frank type commenter on a board. Hilarious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
scotlandog

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

SLB

Post by SLB » December 9th, 2019, 11:09 am

Comments that aged poorly read what started this

USUstudent13

Post by USUstudent13 » December 9th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Imagine feeling so insecure that you have to search out another fan bases board, and then post about how our resume sucks and blah blah blah in order to feel better about yourself.

Good luck this season.

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » December 9th, 2019, 2:20 pm

I’m certain this guy isn’t serious at all. He knows SDSU hasn’t beat anyone of consequence and he also knows that they would have to do a lot more to get into the NCAA. He’s just enjoying getting responses, not even Aztec fans are that clueless and uneducated. I am glad they are doing well against subpar teams though. That will help the conference overall. Hopefully they can take care of SDCC this week and keep the domination of terrible teams alive. Best of luck!

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 9th, 2019, 2:32 pm

SDSU wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

Q1 Q2
USU 5(3) 3(0)
SDSU 4(2) 4(0)

Beat Iowa by 10
Beat @BYU

There's a whole lot of variables and games to be played before the NCAA committee gets together. SDSU has looked really good to start the year and they will earn your NCAA bid if they keep it up. So will USU if they can get Florida and start playing to their potential in conference.

I do think you have point though. Losses to both Florida and BYU would put the Aggies on pretty thin ice if they drop more than 2 conference games. A Florida loss and Zoobie win would still have me nervous.

But lets play the games first. At this point last year the Aggies were still considered the 11th best MW team or close to it. I think to proclaim anything is wrapped up or a done deal is a bit much with 20+ games left on the schedule..lol

Locked Previous topicNext topic