Two deep for 2022?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie97

Two deep for 2022?

Post by Aggie97 » December 19th, 2021, 7:49 pm

Still appreciating the win from yesterday and hoping to see it continue. Wanted to see if there is an early look at the 2022 deep.

It looks like we have a lot of the offense returning - WR's are the big exception with much of the production leaving.

Looking the defense, it appears that we are losing a lot of playmakers.

Any early looks on what we will have returning? I know there has been discussion on transfers stepping in to some key roles (which seemed to work well this year).

OrangeCountyAggie

Re: Two deep for 2022?

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » December 19th, 2021, 9:30 pm

Aggie97 wrote:
December 19th, 2021, 7:49 pm
Still appreciating the win from yesterday and hoping to see it continue. Wanted to see if there is an early look at the 2022 deep.

It looks like we have a lot of the offense returning - WR's are the big exception with much of the production leaving.

Looking the defense, it appears that we are losing a lot of playmakers.

Any early looks on what we will have returning? I know there has been discussion on transfers stepping in to some key roles (which seemed to work well this year).
Vongphachanh!!!!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 19th, 2021, 9:58 pm

Ok here you go. Biggest holes I see from a depth perspective are wr, d-end, linebacker

Qb:
1. Logan Bonner
2. Levi Williams/cooper Legas

Others: can bishop Davenport push for the number 2? Regardless I think he redshirts.

Rb:
1. Calvin Tyler
2. John gentry

Others: can either makakona or gentry push noa? Tyler seems pretty entrenched at the number 1 spot. I would expect Robert Briggs and Enoch nawahine to pull out.

WR:
1. Justin mcgriff
2. Brian Cobbs
3. Otto Tia

WR:
1. Terrell Vaughns
2. Kyle van leeuwen
3. Nyny Davis

WR:
1. Xavier Williams
2. Jamie nance
3. Quinton hadnot

Others: outside of walk ons and Tim Patrick this is pretty much all of the receivers remaining on the roster. We really need to find 2-3 transfers/freshman to build depth and make an immediate impact. I do think we have some young guys who have a bright future.

TE:
1. Broc lane
2. Josh sterzer

Other: we have several freshman on the team not listed. Parker Buchanan, Jack Drew and a few others. Do any of them make a impact? I do think Broc lane can be a breakout star for us.

OT:
1. Alfred edwards
2. Wade meacham

OT:
1. Jacob south
2. Cole motes

OG:
1. Quazell white
2. Jackson Owens

OG:
1. Elia migao
2. Weylin lapauho

Center:
1. Chandler dolphin
2. Fale alo

Others: we return a lot of our starters but still need to build depth. It’s been said that we a full off-season with Paul Jackson will do this group wonders. The other storyline here is can the talented incoming class make an impact?

Defense

DE:
1. Patrick Joyner
2. Enoka migao

DE:
1. Byron Vaughns
2. Daniel grzesiak

Others: don’t have many others on the roster. Feel we need to add a impact guy or two here. Perhaps Paul Fitzgerald will impress in spring ball. Addison trupp has been mentioned as a young guy who can play.

DT:
1. Hale motu
2. James Hansen

DT:
1. Poukesi Vakauta
2. Phillip Paea

Others: one of the deepest positions on the team with some young guys waiting in the wings. Aurion peoples comes off an injury and will he make an impact a
Jc guy should? Tavion Coleman? Also have Johnson hansen and semi tuiaki and bo maile as young guys.

LB:
1. Mj tafisi
2. Kina maile

LB:
1. AJ V
2. Jaymason willingham

Others: feel we have two solid starters and then question marks and guys who have yet to prove it on the field. Sione moa, jaymason willingham, kalei neves are young guys who had some hype coming in as recruits but have not had a chance yet to play.

Striker:
1. Ajani Carter
2. Anthony switzer

Others: picking up switzer was a nice move here.

Cb:
1. Shawn Gates
2. Xavion Steele

Cb:
1. Michael anyanwu
2. Andre Grayson

Others: With the loss of Zahodri Jackson and Cam Lampkin we need someone to step up, really need to add someone. Also special teams star jaden smith could break into the two deep.

S:
1. Dom tatum
2. Gurvan hall

S:
1. Hunter Reynolds
2. Monty McGary

Others: safety has 4 guys who could start. I do think dom returns and is the man to lead the back end. However we have some real talent back there. A few youmy/old guys who could also push are Ike Larson, crew wakely, jarrod green and Luke Marion.
Last edited by slcagg on March 18th, 2022, 10:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 6):
Roy McAvoy3rdGenAggieAggieArmyAggieFBObsessionJSHarveythegreendalegelf

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 19th, 2021, 10:26 pm

I think you'll see Kina Maile and Xavion Steele in the 2 deep as well.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
AggieFBObsession

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 20th, 2021, 5:16 am

GeoAg wrote:
December 19th, 2021, 10:26 pm
I think you'll see Kina Maile and Xavion Steele in the 2 deep as well.
Yeah I really had no idea who to put as the backup linebackers. Kina would have the most experience

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 20th, 2021, 7:10 am

I've got a depth chart already in the works.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
thegreendalegelfIdaAg93

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » December 20th, 2021, 7:28 am

aggies22 wrote:
December 20th, 2021, 7:10 am
And hopefully your eraser doesn't get too much work with players transferring out.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 20th, 2021, 7:58 am

bwcrc wrote:
December 20th, 2021, 7:28 am
aggies22 wrote:
December 20th, 2021, 7:10 am
And hopefully your eraser doesn't get too much work with players transferring out.
... and in.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 20th, 2021, 8:56 am

Just looking at that two-deep, the positions of need in order are: (1) WR; (2) LB, (3) DL.

We should have solid starters at the LB and DL spots, but the depth is concerning in both of those positions. It's not inconceivable to me that we might have some good guys in the pipeline at WR that just didn't play this year due to how talented we were at WR, but I'd like to see us add a few more. It seems unlikely we have much in the pipeline at LB. We've got a lot of guys that have been here for quite a few years at the LB spots that haven't been able to get really any meaningful playing time.

Will be interested to see how many more transfer out and who we bring in. I am hoping a few LBs that are buried on the depth chart elect to find a new home. That seems like a position group that needs a bit of a reboot after the starters.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Frazier1

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 20th, 2021, 9:02 am

I feel pretty good about the DL with Joyner and Vaughns returning and Migao coming in. We need another xfer here. At the tackles we only lose Moore, returning Paea, Hale, Vakauta...we also get Peoples who might have played without his injury and 2 other young guys who redshirted, but played well in game 1 against WSU in Tuiaki and Hansen.
AggieFBObsession

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 20th, 2021, 9:17 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 20th, 2021, 8:56 am
Just looking at that two-deep, the positions of need in order are: (1) WR; (2) LB, (3) DL.

We should have solid starters at the LB and DL spots, but the depth is concerning in both of those positions. It's not inconceivable to me that we might have some good guys in the pipeline at WR that just didn't play this year due to how talented we were at WR, but I'd like to see us add a few more. It seems unlikely we have much in the pipeline at LB. We've got a lot of guys that have been here for quite a few years at the LB spots that haven't been able to get really any meaningful playing time.

Will be interested to see how many more transfer out and who we bring in. I am hoping a few LBs that are buried on the depth chart elect to find a new home. That seems like a position group that needs a bit of a reboot after the starters.
This is pretty much my assessment running through all the names. Interested to see of the young receivers who step up. We certainly heard good things about several of them.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 5th, 2022, 6:09 pm

slcagg wrote:
December 19th, 2021, 9:58 pm
Ok here you go. Biggest holes I see from a depth perspective are wr, d-end, linebacker

Qb:
1. Logan Bonner

Others: can bishop Davenport push for the number 2? Regardless I think he redshirts.

Rb:
1. Calvin Tyler
2. Elelynon noa/John gentry

Others: can either makakona or gentry push noa? Tyler seems pretty entrenched at the number 1 spot. I would expect Robert Briggs and Enoch nawahine to pull out.

WR:
1. Justin mcgriff
2. Otto Tia

WR:
1. Kyle van leeuwen
2. Nyny Davis

WR:
1. Xavier Williams
2. Jamie nance
3. Quinton hadnot

Others: outside of walk ons and Tim Patrick this is pretty much all of the receivers remaining on the roster. We really need to find 2-3 transfers/freshman to build depth and make an immediate impact. I do think we have some young guys who have a bright future.

TE:
1. Broc lane
2. Josh sterzer

Other: we have several freshman on the team not listed. Parker Buchanan, Jack Drew and a few others. Do any of them make a impact? I do think Broc lane can be a breakout star for us.

OT:
1. Alfred edwards
2. Wade meacham

OT:
1. Jacob south
2. Cole motes

OG:
1. Quazell white
2. Jackson Owens

OG:
1. Elia migao
2. Weylin lapauho

Center:
1. Chandler dolphin
2. Fale alo

Others: we return a lot of our starters but still need to build depth. It’s been said that we a full off-season with Paul Jackson will do this group wonders. The other storyline here is can the talented incoming class make an impact?

Defense

DE:
1. Patrick Joyner
2. Enoka migao

DE:
1. Byron Vaughns
2. Daniel grzesiak

Others: don’t have many others on the roster. Feel we need to add a impact guy or two here. Perhaps Paul Fitzgerald will impress in spring ball. Addison trupp has been mentioned as a young guy who can play.

DT:
1. Hale motu
2. James Hansen

DT:
1. Poukesi Vakauta
2. Phillip Paea

Others: one of the deepest positions on the team with some young guys waiting in the wings. Aurion peoples comes off an injury and will he make an impact a
Jc guy should? Also have Johnson hansen and semi tuiaki and bo maile as young guys.

LB:
1. Mj tafisi
2. Kina maile

LB:
1. AJ V
2. Jaymason willingham

Others: feel we have two solid starters and then question marks and guys who have yet to prove it on the field. Sione moa, jaymason willingham, kalei neves are young guys who had some hype coming in as recruits but have not had a chance yet to play.

Striker:
1. Ajani Carter
2. Anthony switzer

Cb:
1. Cam lampkin
2. Shawn gates

Cb:
1. Michael anyanwu
2. Andre Grayson

Others: xavion Steele can use one more year. I put Shawn gates ahead of him because of his potential but Steele could very well be on the two deep. Also special teams star jaden smith could break into the two deep.

S:
1. Dom tatum
2. Gurvan hall

S:
1. Hunter Reynolds
2. Monty McGary

Others: safety has 4 guys who could start. I do think dom returns and is the man to lead the back end. However we have some real talent back there. A few youmy/old guys who could also push are Ike Larson, crew wakely, jarrod green and Luke Marion.
Added Xavier Williams, daniel g. And Levi Williams. Still feel we don’t have a lot of d-ends. And would love more proven depth with the linebackers.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 5th, 2022, 6:11 pm

slcagg wrote:
January 5th, 2022, 6:09 pm
slcagg wrote:
December 19th, 2021, 9:58 pm

Qb:
1. Logan Bonner

Rb:
1. Calvin Tyler
2. Elelynon noa/John gentry

WR:
1. Justin mcgriff
2. Otto Tia

WR:
1. Kyle van leeuwen
2. Nyny Davis

WR:
1. Xavier Williams
2. Jamie nance
3. Quinton hadnot

TE:
1. Broc lane
2. Josh sterzer

OT:
1. Alfred edwards
2. Wade meacham

OT:
1. Jacob south
2. Cole motes

OG:
1. Quazell white
2. Jackson Owens

OG:
1. Elia migao
2. Weylin lapauho

Center:
1. Chandler dolphin
2. Fale alo

Defense

DE:
1. Patrick Joyner
2. Enoka migao

DE:
1. Byron Vaughns
2. Daniel grzesiak

DT:
1. Hale motu
2. James Hansen

DT:
1. Poukesi Vakauta
2. Phillip Paea

Jc guy should? Also have Johnson hansen and semi tuiaki and bo maile as young guys.

LB:
1. Mj tafisi
2. Kina maile

LB:
1. AJ V
2. Jaymason willingham

Striker:
1. Ajani Carter
2. Anthony switzer

Cb:
1. Cam lampkin
2. Shawn gates

Cb:
1. Michael anyanwu
2. Andre Grayson

Others: xavion Steele can use one more year. I put Shawn gates ahead of him because of his potential but Steele could very well be on the two deep. Also special teams star jaden smith could break into the two deep.

S:
1. Dom tatum
2. Gurvan hall

S:
1. Hunter Reynolds
2. Monty McGary

Added Xavier Williams, daniel g. And Levi Williams. Still feel we don’t have a lot of d-ends. And would love more proven depth with the linebackers.
I'll have a pretty good one up soon. I'm still waiting for the dust to settle.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
slcaggtravelingagg

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 5th, 2022, 11:55 pm

We’re looking pretty well stocked everywhere but WR and LB. Feels to me like we need 2 more WR and at least one more LB. I don’t trust the depth at all at either of those spots.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 9th, 2022, 6:19 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 5th, 2022, 11:55 pm
We’re looking pretty well stocked everywhere but WR and LB. Feels to me like we need 2 more WR and at least one more LB. I don’t trust the depth at all at either of those spots.
After the cobbs addition I feel good about receiver. Maybe a freshman receiver though? We have that kid from so cal visiting sometime this month.

And I’d still like one more oline guy and linebacker.

I am stoked about the receivers again!

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 9th, 2022, 8:04 am

slcagg wrote:
January 9th, 2022, 6:19 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
After the cobbs addition I feel good about receiver. Maybe a freshman receiver though? We have that kid from so cal visiting sometime this month.

I don't get the impression we are looking at any linebackers.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 9th, 2022, 8:59 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 9th, 2022, 8:04 am
slcagg wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

That’s kinda scary. Hopefully some of the younger guys step up.

I think we’re going to be good next year, but the WR, LB, and DL spots still scare me a bit. I think you could justify saying we’re done at WR, but LB looks pretty thin.

So are we basically done?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 9th, 2022, 9:15 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 9th, 2022, 8:59 am
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

That’s kinda scary. Hopefully some of the younger guys step up.

I think we’re going to be good next year, but the WR, LB, and DL spots still scare me a bit. I think you could justify saying we’re done at WR, but LB looks pretty thin.

So are we basically done?
We redshirted 4 or 5 DTs last year. There will be a ton of competition to get in the rotation. I think if a BIG TIME defensive line transfer opportunity presented itself we'd take him. Otherwise we're done defensively.

Offensively, I think we are done with the exception of MAYBE a transfer offensive lineman and POSSIBLY a freshman wide receiver.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 10th, 2022, 12:42 pm

There's been a lot of chatter about weak spots and lack of depth, specifically at LB. It made me want to look at a potential 3-deep depth chart to get a clearer picture of depth as well as update with the latest transfers.

QB:
1. Logan Bonner
2. Levi Williams
3. Cooper Legas

RB:
1. Calvin Tyler
2. Elelyon Noa
3. John Gentry

X -WR:
1. Justin McGriff
2. Brian Cobbs
3. Otto Tia

H- WR:
1. Kyle Van Leeuwen
2. Nyny Davis
3. Taylor Larsen

Z- WR:
1. Xavier Williams
2. Jamie Nance
3. Quinton Hadnot

TE:
1. Broc Lane
2. Josh Sterzer
3. Parker Buchanan

LT:
1. Alfred Edwards
2. Calvin Knapp
3. Cade Parrish

LG:
1. Quazzel White
2. Jackson Owens
3. Teague Andersen

C:
1. Chandler Dolphin
2. Wade Meacham
3. Fale Alo

RG:
1. Elia Migao
2. Weylin Lapuaho
3. Irae Leilua

RT:
1. Jacob South
2. Cole Motes
3. Tavo Motu’apuaka

Defense

DE:
1. Patrick Joyner
2. Enoka Migao
3. Addison Trupp

DT:
1. Hale Motu'apuaka
2. Seni Tuaki
3. Johnson Hansen

DT:
1. Poukesi Vakauta
2. Phillip Paea
3. Aurion Peoples

DE:
1. Byron Vaughns
2. Daniel Grzesiak
3. Darius Mcfarland

LB:
1. MJ Tafisi
2. Kina Maile
3. Kaleo Neves

LB:
1. AJ Vongphachanh
2. Jaymason Willingham
3. Sione Moa

Striker:
1. Ajani Carter
2. Anthony Switzer
3. Patrick Maddox

CB:
1. Cam Lampkin
2. Xavion Steele
3. Shawn Gates

CB:
1. Michael Anyanwu
2. Andre Grayson
3. Jaden Smith

S:
1. Dom Tatum
2. Gurvan Hall
3. Jarrod Green

S:
1. Hunter Reynolds
2. Monte McGary
3. Ike Larsen

Now here's some hot takes:
- WR is now again a position of strength and has depth.
- Safety also has a lot of depth. Gurvan Hall was a bigtime recruit and I won't be surprised if a starter from this past season is supplanted by him.
- I think the OL is a position of strength. It has been shored up by this staff. There's several new guys I didn't list there either (I'm not whore is mission and who isn't).
- DL is also a position of strength with depth.
- I agree with others that if I had to find a weakness it's the LB position. I could see one more person being added there or striker.
- CB also seems like an area that doesn't have a ton of depth.

Overall I definitely think this is the most stacked roster we've ever had in a offseason (in relative terms) and it isn't particularly close.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 5):
Aggie84025slcaggAggieFBObsessionaggies22IdaAg93

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 10th, 2022, 12:49 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 12:42 pm
There's been a lot of chatter about weak spots and lack of depth, specifically at LB. It made me want to look at a potential 3-deep depth chart to get a clearer picture of depth as well as update with the latest transfers.

QB:
1. Logan Bonner
2. Levi Williams
3. Cooper Legas

RB:
1. Calvin Tyler
2. Elelyon Noa
3. John Gentry

X -WR:
1. Justin McGriff
2. Brian Cobbs
3. Otto Tia

H- WR:
1. Kyle Van Leeuwen
2. Nyny Davis
3. Taylor Larsen

Z- WR:
1. Xavier Williams
2. Jamie Nance
3. Quinton Hadnot

TE:
1. Broc Lane
2. Josh Sterzer
3. Parker Buchanan

LT:
1. Alfred Edwards
2. Calvin Knapp
3. Cade Parrish

LG:
1. Quazzel White
2. Jackson Owens
3. Teague Andersen

C:
1. Chandler Dolphin
2. Wade Meacham
3. Fale Alo

RG:
1. Elia Migao
2. Weylin Lapuaho
3. Irae Leilua

RT:
1. Jacob South
2. Cole Motes
3. Tavo Motu’apuaka

Defense

DE:
1. Patrick Joyner
2. Enoka Migao
3. Addison Trupp

DT:
1. Hale Motu'apuaka
2. Seni Tuaki
3. Johnson Hansen

DT:
1. Poukesi Vakauta
2. Phillip Paea
3. Aurion Peoples

DE:
1. Byron Vaughns
2. Daniel Grzesiak
3. Darius Mcfarland

LB:
1. MJ Tafisi
2. Kina Maile
3. Kaleo Neves

LB:
1. AJ Vongphachanh
2. Jaymason Willingham
3. Sione Moa

Striker:
1. Ajani Carter
2. Anthony Switzer
3. Patrick Maddox

CB:
1. Cam Lampkin
2. Xavion Steele
3. Shawn Gates

CB:
1. Michael Anyanwu
2. Andre Grayson
3. Jaden Smith

S:
1. Dom Tatum
2. Gurvan Hall
3. Jarrod Green

S:
1. Hunter Reynolds
2. Monte McGary
3. Ike Larsen

- Safety also has a lot of depth. Gurvan Hall was a bigtime recruit and I won't be surprised if a starter from this past season is supplanted by him.
- I think the OL is a position of strength. It has been shored up by this staff. There's several new guys I didn't list there either (I'm not whore is mission and who isn't).
- I agree with others that if I had to find a weakness it's the LB position. I could see one more person being added there or striker.

Overall I definitely think this is the most stacked roster we've ever had in a offseason (in relative terms) and it isn't particularly close.
Great post!

I totally agree that we need more at LB. I feel good about Stryker though with Switzer and Carter.

I would have Alo as the #1 center with Dolphin #2 and Meacham #3. I think Meacham is also #2 at either G position.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 10th, 2022, 1:04 pm

I do wonder if Xavier Williams ends up as a slot receiver and Cobbs, mcgriff and Xavier are the top 3.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionBustaMcNutt

USUaggie

Post by USUaggie » January 10th, 2022, 1:12 pm

I could see McGriff dropping to 2nd string. This last year, as the season wore on Derek Wright got more and more of the snaps. I think the same happens next season, but I'm not sure who will take his reps.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 10th, 2022, 1:15 pm

GeoAg wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 12:49 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 12:42 pm

QB:
1. Logan Bonner
2. Levi Williams
3. Cooper Legas

RB:
1. Calvin Tyler
2. Elelyon Noa
3. John Gentry

X -WR:
1. Justin McGriff
2. Brian Cobbs
3. Otto Tia

H- WR:
1. Kyle Van Leeuwen
2. Nyny Davis
3. Taylor Larsen

Z- WR:
1. Xavier Williams
2. Jamie Nance
3. Quinton Hadnot

TE:
1. Broc Lane
2. Josh Sterzer
3. Parker Buchanan

LT:
1. Alfred Edwards
2. Calvin Knapp
3. Cade Parrish

LG:
1. Quazzel White
2. Jackson Owens
3. Teague Andersen

C:
1. Chandler Dolphin
2. Wade Meacham
3. Fale Alo

RG:
1. Elia Migao
2. Weylin Lapuaho
3. Irae Leilua

RT:
1. Jacob South
2. Cole Motes
3. Tavo Motu’apuaka

Defense

DE:
1. Patrick Joyner
2. Enoka Migao
3. Addison Trupp

DT:
1. Hale Motu'apuaka
2. Seni Tuaki
3. Johnson Hansen

DT:
1. Poukesi Vakauta
2. Phillip Paea
3. Aurion Peoples

DE:
1. Byron Vaughns
2. Daniel Grzesiak
3. Darius Mcfarland

LB:
1. MJ Tafisi
2. Kina Maile
3. Kaleo Neves

LB:
1. AJ Vongphachanh
2. Jaymason Willingham
3. Sione Moa

Striker:
1. Ajani Carter
2. Anthony Switzer
3. Patrick Maddox

CB:
1. Cam Lampkin
2. Xavion Steele
3. Shawn Gates

CB:
1. Michael Anyanwu
2. Andre Grayson
3. Jaden Smith

S:
1. Dom Tatum
2. Gurvan Hall
3. Jarrod Green

S:
1. Hunter Reynolds
2. Monte McGary
3. Ike Larsen

Great post!

I totally agree that we need more at LB. I feel good about Stryker though with Switzer and Carter.

I would have Alo as the #1 center with Dolphin #2 and Meacham #3. I think Meacham is also #2 at either G position.
Alo is one of the more puzzling players on the roster.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 10th, 2022, 1:42 pm

GeoAg wrote:

Great post!

I would agree, however it's interesting to note that our depth chart before the last game of the year had it listed differently. That's what I sort of went off.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 10th, 2022, 1:46 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 1:42 pm
GeoAg wrote:

Great post!

I would agree, however it's interesting to note that our depth chart before the last game of the year had it listed differently. That's what I sort of went off.

I think that was because Alo's hand injury didn't allow him to snap the ball. During the season he took the starter role from Dolphin. I would expect to see him back as the starting C with the hand healed up. If not, great to have the competition.
Roy McAvoy

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » January 10th, 2022, 1:55 pm

slcagg wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 1:04 pm
I do wonder if Xavier Williams ends up as a slot receiver and Cobbs, mcgriff and Xavier are the top 3.
I don't know why you wouldn't do that. All three are the best run blockers and all three have the most experience and all three are arguably the most talented. That said, we won't see the TE that much, so Kyle is going to get plenty of time.

Also, why would you need the TE that often when you have receivers blocking literally on the sidelines? Those that think that McGriff won't start are nuts because he was the best run blocker we had out there.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post (total 2):
aggies22YouEssYou

USUaggie

Post by USUaggie » January 10th, 2022, 2:10 pm

I know you are calling me nuts, but when we had a tight end and three receiver sets last year, wasn't our most used and most effective lineup (especially the last half of the season) with Bowling, Wright, and Tompkins? And when we have a pair of great blockers reportedly in Cobbs and Williams, wouldn't the most complimentary receivers in a 4 receiver set be the ones with better speed, route running capability and hands? Think Van Leeuwen, Nyny, and Nance.

We'll see how it plays out on the field next year, but I think you are nuts! Image
Last edited by USUaggie on January 10th, 2022, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 10th, 2022, 2:24 pm

slcagg wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 1:04 pm
Yup.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
slcagg

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » January 10th, 2022, 2:39 pm

USUaggie wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 2:10 pm
I know you are calling me nuts, but when we had a tight end and three receiver sets last year, wasn't our most used and most effective lineup (especially the last half of the season) with Bowling, Wright, and Tompkins? And when we have a pair of great blockers reportedly in Cobbs and Williams, wouldn't the most complimentary receivers in a 4 receiver set be the ones with better speed, route running capability and hands? Think Van Leeuwen, Nyny, and Nance.

We'll see how it plays out on the field next year, but I think you are nuts! Image
:nono: Our best lineup was Bowling, Wright, Thompkins AND McGriff. Case closed? :joking:

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » January 10th, 2022, 2:46 pm

Play the guys that produce!

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 10th, 2022, 3:09 pm

newhouse9 wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 2:46 pm
Play the guys that produce!
Agreed. So tell us, who are the ones that are going to produce the most next season? That’s what we are conjecturing about.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
2004AG

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » January 10th, 2022, 3:56 pm

I have no idea. I'd just be guessing. I'm looking forward to Spring ball. I hope they open practices, and for summer camp as well. I love attending those, and I usually see who produces. I always felt that Derek Wright was going to be a good receiver for us, but that goes back to his early seasons with us.

It's an exciting time...really looking forward to Spring ball.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » January 10th, 2022, 5:01 pm

What about special teams? We need a more reliable field goal kicker IMO. Also, who fields punts/KO this year?

coolag

Post by coolag » January 10th, 2022, 5:49 pm

aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:

This is because Alex Huerta will finally blossom next year. He has paid his dues and is ready to contribute in a big way next season.

Regulator of Class

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » January 10th, 2022, 5:51 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2022, 5:01 pm
What about special teams? We need a more reliable field goal kicker IMO. Also, who fields punts/KO this year?
Coach Saban said that Ziggy was very versatile and could play special teams, kick returns, punt returns, coverage, blocking, etc. I'm expecting him to play a role on special teams.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
aggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic